It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control bill HR45

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Makes it illegal to own a firearm unless it's been registered, and you have a Drivers License, and you have a Social Security Number, and you have been fingerprinted, and submit to mental evaluation at their whim, and report changes in address within 60 days.

Some extracts from the bill

www.opencongress.org...

www.govtrack.us...

SEC. 101. LICENSING REQUIREMENT.
Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
‘(aa) Firearm Licensing Requirement-
‘(1) IN GENERAL- It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to possess a qualifying firearm on or after the applicable date, unless that person has been issued a firearm license--
‘(2) APPLICABLE DATE- In this subsection, the term ‘applicable date’ means--
‘(A) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person before the date of the enactment of Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 2 years after such date of enactment; and
‘(B) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person on or after the date of the enactment of Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 1 year after such date of enactment.’.

SEC. 102. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS.
(a) In General- In order to be issued a firearm license under this title, an individual shall submit to the Attorney General (in accordance with the regulations promulgated under subsection (b)) an application, which shall include--
(1) a current, passport-sized photograph of the applicant that provides a clear, accurate likeness of the applicant;
(2) the name, address, and date and place of birth of the applicant;
(3) any other name that the applicant has ever used or by which the applicant has ever been known;
(4) a clear thumb print of the applicant, which shall be made when, and in the presence of the entity to whom, the application is submitted;
(5) with respect to each category of person prohibited by Federal law, or by the law of the State of residence of the applicant, from obtaining a firearm, a statement that the individual is not a person prohibited from obtaining a firearm;
(6) a certification by the applicant that the applicant will keep any firearm owned by the applicant safely stored and out of the possession of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;
(7) a certificate attesting to the completion at the time of application of a written firearms examination, which shall test the knowledge and ability of the applicant regarding--
(A) the safe storage of firearms, particularly in the vicinity of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;
(B) the safe handling of firearms;
(C) the use of firearms in the home and the risks associated with such use;
(D) the legal responsibilities of firearms owners, including Federal, State, and local laws relating to requirements for the possession and storage of firearms, and relating to reporting requirements with respect to firearms; and
(E) any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate;
(8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;
(9) the date on which the application was submitted; and
(10) the signature of the applicant.

SEC. 103. ISSUANCE OF LICENSE.
(a) In General- The Attorney General shall issue a firearm license to an applicant who has submitted an application that meets the requirements of section 102 of this Act, if the Attorney General ascertains that the individual is not prohibited by subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 of title 18, United States Code, from receiving a firearm.
(b) Effect of Issuance to Prohibited Person- A firearm license issued under this section shall be null and void if issued to a person who is prohibited by subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 of title 18, United States Code, from receiving a firearm.
(c) Form of License- A firearm license issued under this section shall be in the form of a tamper-resistant card, and shall include--
(1) the photograph of the licensed individual submitted with the application;
(2) the address of the licensed individual;
(3) the date of birth of the licensed individual;
(4) a license number, unique to each licensed individual;
(5) the expiration date of the license, which shall be the date that is 5 years after the initial anniversary of the date of birth of the licensed individual following the date on which the license is issued (or in the case of a license renewal, following the date on which the license is renewed under section 104);
(6) the signature of the licensed individual provided on the application, or a facsimile of the application; and
(7) centered at the top of the license, capitalized, and in boldface type, the following:
‘FIREARM LICENSE--NOT VALID FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE’.

SEC. 303. FAILURE TO REPORT LOSS OR THEFT OF FIREARM.
Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by sections 101, 201, 301, and 302 of this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following:
‘(ee) Failure To Report Loss or Theft of Firearm- It shall be unlawful for any person who owns a qualifying firearm to fail to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours after the loss or theft is discovered.’.

SEC. 304. FAILURE TO PROVIDE NOTICE OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by sections 101, 201, 301, 302, and 303 of this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following:
‘(ff) Failure To Provide Notice of Change of Address- It shall be unlawful for any individual to whom a firearm license has been issued under title I of Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 to fail to report to the Attorney General a change in the address of that individual within 60 days of that change of address.’.

More at links above, or Google search HR 45 Blair Holt

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ref: www.govtrack.us...

Completed Steps:
Introduced Jan 6, 2009
Referred to Committee

Next steps:
Reported by Committee ...
House Vote ...
Senate Vote ...
Signed by President ...

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee. [Last Updated: Jul 12, 2009 6:49PM]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As I have said many times before, it lifted a huge weight of worry from my shoulders when I came to the conclusion that I would never adhere to any Hitler-esque Nazi Germany law changes in regard to firearms passed by the US government. I went from "Oh I fear for my future right to own firearms" to "Why sweat a law I cannot prevent from passing if they decide they will pass it when I have absolutely no intention of following it in the first place?"

When the knock and search comes and they attempt to determine where the firearms they are aware I own are at, they will be granted one and only one chance to save their lives when I tell them (through the closed door) "Nope, sorry, I no longer own any guns. now leave." If they persist, some of them will wish they had taken that one chance. (and the other fact I have reconciled myself with is that in the aftermath I'll still have no worries as a dead man tends not to have many worldly concerns.)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Right on Bro! I'm with you

They can pass any bill they want but they can also kiss my American ass and go straight to hell!

I pay their salary. They work for me. I am their boss, not the other way around!

Anybody that wants my guns is welcome to try and take them. They WILL die for doing so!

new topics

top topics

join