It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists push ballot initiative to end state benefits for illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born ch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
You saying that it's the same thing as denying blacks benefits doesn't help black americans one bit and actually, illustrates YOUR racism.

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Good job trying to play the race card though.

I am white by the way.

Edit: When someone desires for something to be true or perceive it to be that way, it doesn't make it so.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

not subhuman!
just illegal and therefore not entitled to benefits by law just like in other countries. why should citizens go without in order to support tresspassers and that includes anchors according to the true defination of the 14th amendment.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OP.... It's the same situation over here in the UK! Ok.... some who come here work and pay their way but others don't bother.... they just come here and get a free house, free car and free cash!!

When i was working through my ill health i realised that i was actually paying for these people to live here free while i was suffering with illness so i gave up work!! Why should i work through illness when these people are here doing nothing!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I personally do not think anyone, legal or illegal, black or white, citizen or not, should be GIVEN anything.

Im Irish/German. My great grandparents came over here for good reason. Quite similar to the reasons the Mexicans are comming over now. They were not given anything. They (the immigrants of past generations) worked their butts off building this country into what it is now. Building those cool dams and monuments that we all take vacations to go see... they lost their lives working their butts off building them. Ever since the whole gimme generation took controll everything has gone to crap. We are living off those immigrants hard work. Immigrants built this nation. Who's the hardest workers I see out there now? The ones who want to make a life for themselves and their families. Just so happens most of them are Mexicans.

So, I think that state benefits should be cut off for everyone over the age of 16, unless they are seriously disabled.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If we reward people with state benefits for being here illegally we are only encouraging more to come.As for Cali.they are struggling to to stay afloat paying employees with iou's.Its time the free ride ends and Cali.is where it should begin,imo.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
IF an American citizen was to break the law what would happen?
THAT American citizen would be sent straight to jail! Do NOT pass go; do NOT collect 200 dollars for breaking the LAW!

Now I have a personal situation that happened I would like to let you in on. I was taken to the emergency room a couple month's ago. Because my third round on the piggy flu had given me such a bad bacterial bronchitis that I couldn't breathe.(asthma needed steroids and breathing machine med's)
While in the ER and begging to leave because of all the sick people the Hispanic lady next to me was told by the hospital staff to "apply for the benefit's" and they would not "charge her or her family" until she had been accepted; "she was to call them when they went through"!

Now mind you this is like the millionth time I have heard and seen this happen. The same thing happened when our children where toddler's. My husband and I (American citizen's) where refused benefit's for our babies based on "income". The illegal immigrant sitting next to me who made "MORE" money than my husband (yes I looked) was accepted to get "TOTALLY FREE HEALTH CARE FOR HER 3 CHILDREN"

Now who has the right to be mad in this situation? The illegal immigrant or me the hard working tax paying American with 3 American toddlers who couldn't get help even though we made less than them at the time?

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH "LEGAL IMMIGRATION" my husband in fact is from the Azores a set of islands off the coast of Portugal. BUT he came here legally and has worked and paid taxes since he was 16 years old. ONE TIME when our kids where toddlers and we needed help paying "half" the bill for shot's and exams we where turned down, while the illegal immigrant next to us and her 3 kids where taken in with open arm's and smiles. We of course where sent packing out the door kid's in tow and sick!

If you are going to come here or anywhere for that matter do it LEGALLY; we ALL have laws for a reason. To maintain the peace! Otherwise get the heck out and don't come back till you can do it right.
We have law's for a reason and if you break them you get the pokey time! It SHOULD be the same for ALL people not just those who paid and are paying taxes to live here legally.

I have NO problem with the color of a person's skin or where it is they come from! BUT if you are going to migrate to a new country you need to do it by the law or NOT do it at all. It is that simple.

In Reply to the Cali quote:
You are absolutely right and we have far more than a mere 2.7 million illegal immigrants! That is the total number for one stinking Southern California county around here!
It is fast approaching the grape picking season here in the North and the population of illegal immigrants is starting to explode. All you have to do to see it is drive by a gas station on a main through street and see them standing around waiting for someone to give them work.Luckily for us here, people have started to think twice and are going by the unemployement office and getting people off the board from there! (personally I think it is about dang time)

[edit on 16-7-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Even if this passes the legislature, the corrupt Supreme Court will declare it unconstiutional. The illegal alien profiteers like walmart and McD's will hand out millions of $ in bribes to each judge. That's what happened in 1982 in Plyler v Doe when the SC said illegals have a constitutional right to free K-12 education!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

I 100% support not giving illegals public benefits. I do not support not giving a child born in the U.S. public benefits.

If the child born in the USA is an anchor baby then i say no benefits for the kid. Despite what the media says, the constitution does NOT grant citizenship to everyone born on american soil.

We need to end this policy ( not constitutional mandate) of birthright citizenship If the kid is born here but the mother is illegal, then the kid should not be granted citizenship.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
If we reward people with state benefits for being here illegally we are only encouraging more to come.As for Cali.they are struggling to to stay afloat paying employees with iou's.Its time the free ride ends and Cali.is where it should begin,imo.

I think every american, both left and right, feels that way but it doesn't matter because our president and governors and legislators and judges all accept bribes from assorted businesses to help the illegals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join