It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The extended video show's nothing illegal about what was done. The strikes that the officer delivered to the suspect are all tatical strikes taught to officer's in academies nation wide. Why, go the the national law enforcement officer memorial every year and you'll know why. This cop didn't know this guy from ADAM. Cop's are violently killed in the line of duty every year. A lot of times by their own firearm, when the suspect get's a hold of it. Again the suspect here is a lot bigger/heavier that the cop. Even with the extended video I still see nothing done wrong. I don't think that I would have faught with the guy so long, but that's just me, I'm older now and have been in plenty of knock down-drag out's in my ten years in law enforcement. I'm surprised the buy didn't get tased. He'd probably still be alive if one of those cops had a taser. Oh wait but then, the post would read "Criminal gets Tased for having Drugs in his Mouth, Oh the Inhumanity!!!!"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
From what I saw the police officer was justified in taking down the guy, he

clearly shoved something into his mouth and was also resisting arrest. At

that point you can pretty much throw all your rights out the window. A

tragedy yes but the cop was just doing his job; case closed put him back

on the streets. Also this will be a big wake up call to all the criminals that

think swallowing the drugs will get you out of something, because in this

case it landed the suspect with a broken neck.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

Absolutely agree, this guy did nothing out of the ordinary he simply followed what he is taught to do. I wonder if people would be more alarmed if he tased him till he spit it out would that have been any better?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I got tired of reading all the various junk comments from all sides here so maybe someone already posted about this aspect.

It occurs to me that the policeman missed a very important opportunity to nip the entire mess in the bud. When he had the suspect up against the police car with his arm turned back and was saying "open your hand" why didn't the policeman cuff him then? Instead he decided he could "take" this rather large man and started scuffling with him giving the suspect a chance to put the item into his mouth.

Even if there was nothing of any consequence in his hand (which we never really did find out what that was) and he cuffed him erroneously, the outcome would have been much better.

There are way too many detail questions I am left with on this to say there is no cover up going on. Besides who's to say it was the initial cop that did the deed since in the end there were what, four?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynethnor
When he had the suspect up against the police car with his arm turned back and was saying "open your hand" why didn't the policeman cuff him then?

It actually looks like the officer was reaching for his cuffs (or something) when the suspect began resisting. He had no opportunity to cuff him.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes

You have no idea what your talking about. Do yourself a favor and take a citizen's police academy, get involved, learn what it's like to be a cop hitting the crime ridden streets. Not just sitting on websites, getting hypnotized by all the hype!!!!!

umm no I will never do that ever. I grew up in the projects in oakland and you "police officers" would come and harrass innocent people daily. I want nothing to do with your kind.

You police killed 3 of my friends. You police officers have beat down over 50 of my friends or more. And all for no reason what so ever. None of us are druggies, drug dealers or ANYTHING. We just happen to live in the projects and be black.

I hate police. And I wish the worst life possible upon you guys.

Since you guys seem to love trying to make us poor peoples lives as impossible as you can.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwynethnor

You ever try to handcuff someone who is tensing up their arms???? Most of the time it can't be done so easily as you think. We have a citizen's police academy at my agency. During the academy one of the instructors will lye down face first on the floor, clasp his hands together under his body. Then three volunteer's will come up and try to get his hands out from underneath him by pulling on his arms, or wrestling with him to get his hands out. Guess what....they can't do it. And the best thing about is that this instructor has been doing this for years so he's quite comfortable with it, so no adrenaline rush. Think the suspects adrenaline wasn't racing in that video. Even when the second cop arrives they still can't get him detained. Think again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Filthy cops. i do not like them and never will. So full of hate, rage, racism and anger.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There ya go pull the Race card!!!!! I should have known!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes

There ya go pull the Race card!!!!! I should have known!!

I'm white (pretty much) I can't pull the race card all I was simply doing was pointing out what I would see in my neighborhood and there was obvious police corruption going on. Are you Oakland PD, no are you not, so don't speak about things you know nothing about. And argue all you want but cops do racially profile (here they sure as hell do, and you are NOT Oakland PD, so you have no say in this, you don't know what goes on here).

Now please read my full story.

I will never like you guys and heres the real reason why, you killed three of my innocent friends. And these 3 guys you killed where some of the most pure, nice, gentle and caring people I had ever been around. All they where trying to do was have christmas with their family, and you guys have to raid there house and shoot them for no reason? They where college kids just visiting their families

I know to you 3 black lives is nothing, to be me it was HUGE. You cops took my best friends from me for no reason other than misidentification..

(why am I even typing this out or thinking about it, this is making me cry)

you guys thought they were somebody else. This kind of stuff happens all the time because you cops don't investigate and you assume all black dudes look the same or something.

I heard these cops literally just busted the door down and my 3 friends started running because they thought they were being robbed (and that is a common thing in the area, and there had been robberies going on in recent weeks in the area) and the cops started firing and killed 3 INNOCENT COLLEGE KIDS WHO WERE JUST TRYING TO BETTER THEMSELVES IN LIFE!

My buddies wouldn't have run i know for a FACT if you guys announced that you were coming in. But no, you just kick a door down and start firing gung ho just because you see some black people running? Disgusting.

And all the families of my three dead friends got was some police cheif letter saying "We apoligize, we thought they where someone else". It turns out the people the cops where actaully supposed to be targeting was the next door neighbors.

And they got a money settlement. But money and letters do not bring back 3 innocent college kids who just happen to be from a bad area, but they were trying to better their lives (like most of us in the slums are) We are ALL not drug dealers and stuff! We are for the most part family people!

You cops didn't care, to you guys it was just "3 more dead 'n-word's, no big deal".

You cops got off scott free. How is that right? You can murder innocent college kids and then get off with nothing?

Pathetic.

RIP I miss you guys!!!!!

Now do you still agree I was just complaining and "pulling the race card".

Do you agree that what happened to my friends is wrong?

And just so you know I'm not some ghetto dweling drug dealer or anything. Matter of fact we got out of the projects, we live in a nice part of town now. I am a married family man with a wife and daughter and another kid on the way. They are my life and I love them dearly. I get up every single morning and go to work so I can put food on the table and feed my family. And pay for our Condo. I am putting college money away for our daughter, because my wife and I could never afford to go to college. We are going to MAKE SURE our kids go to college. My wife and daughter are my life, and I love them very dearly... My beautiful wife and daughter and upcoming kid are all I need. I love my life, I just wish my 3 best friends where not dead.

Its all about LOVE!

I am also a honorably discharged marine. I was shot in the face in iraq and lost a good amount of my brain function.

I was in Iraq fighting for what I thought was a good cause (at the time)

my little sister died there too.

Show some f'ing respect.

And don't bother responding, I am not coming back to this thread. This is VERY depressing this is a subject and touches close to him for me.

I thought you are a protector of the people, and you go around saying stuff like "pulled the race card". Idiot. I bet you are redneck with a big thick uglyass southern accent.

And its quite sad to see all of you in here talking about how wrong this video is, and then as soon as a cop comes in the thread and says something you all change your thoughts all start agreeing with him. Quite sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

I'm sure there was quite a bit of adrenalin rushing in the entire situation, in both the cop and the suspect. I'm sure you "know more" and "think more" than the rest of us.

However, in all of the supposed training he had he still messed it up.

The suspect did not attack him nor did he even really try to do anything to the cop. It "looked" like he was defending himself the whole time.

I'm not saying the guy is not some sort of criminal but then we'll never really know that will we? Nor will we ever really know what actually killed him. A broken neck does not always kill people, a severed spinal cord does.

The cop should have handled it differently and there's no getting around that. You can cast aspersions on the suspect and talk about how many police officers get killed in the line of duty (and there are many I'm sure) but this man was not belligerent or threatening at all. If the police officer had sense he would have outsmarted the guy and not tried to physically overcome him in the first place.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Gwynethnor]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Did you actually look at the "full" video,(that is the parts they did not show on tv)the man is on the ground and is being continually punched to the extreme upper part of the body,and with force,as well as being kicked.This policeman should not have a badge,he should join the local vigilante force---correction,it's probably the same thing round those parts.

BTW,as you might expect,there is little physical resistance from the man.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The cops don't have to go get a search warrant for drugs when they have pulled someone over. There are warrant less searches for different reasons and one is when the police think they are in bodily danger. It looked like the dude was already handcuffed, from what I saw and I think it would have been better if the cop had called for backup before the guy got out of his car. Actually, you are not supposed to get out of your vehicle when pulled over, just put your hands on the steering wheel and wait for the officer. He probably did have some dope, but in the interest of both parties it wasn't worth the death of either of them. The police man acted with excessive force but the dude was a big ol' dude to try to handle.
I am talking from an Oklahoma point of view on these laws.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah because drug dealers/users NEVER break other laws or kill a cop when confronted.

A. you are a drug dealer. You probably are aware of the kind of time you do for distributing illegal substances. That alone makes you a dangerous person as now you are caught. When boxed in a corner, its not surprising if a criminal engages in a criminal act to get away. That makes you a danger to them, and the innocent people in the area.

A). it didnt say he was a drug dealer...

B). i didnt even see anywhere that he was actually proven to be in possesion of drugs!! unless i missed that part on the clip, then wouldnt that be the first thing they said? he was in possesion of 1 gram of meth/heroin/crack? like i said i might be mistaken and just missed it, but if it wasnt said wasnt that an attempt at wrongful arrest as well?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwynethnor

I absolutely agree with you on that aspect, If he was smart he should've cuffed him then. But people do make mistakes especially in a high stress situation. So yes he should have but the bigger mistake was by the perp putting the drugs in his mouth, clearly thats not going to end good.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

What is the extreme upper body tactical strikes you speak of? then may we be allowed to make a comparison.Can you disguise a potentially lethal punch for a tactical one?does it make it right that you were only following the book and someone died in a not so physical confrontation like this.
It seems to me watching videos like these,time after time,that the police like the scrum and are always keen to put that extra bit of enthusiasm into it---always following the book of course.
BTW why didn't the policeman just say nothing about what he had seen,or rather hadn't seen and just call for back-up while he checked the man out in the usual manner.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Quite disturbing to see people agree with this cop guy in the thread I must say. Obviously he isnt gonna say the tape is brutal. Obviously he will say NOTHING negative about this, cops defend their own kind. They are filth.

You'll never see me in a million years agreeing with a cop. Especially when it comes to something like this.

That pig in that video MURDERED that man, end of story. That pig in that video deserves to rot.

HE MURDERED A MAN OVER DRUGS! In the state I live in if you get caught with small amounts of drugs, you go to jail for a while. Thats it. MURDER should never be the penalty for being a drug user.

This cop had no right to "play executioner" (someone in the thread earlier said that, and I liked it, so I am gonna use it

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Did you actually look at the "full" video,(that is the parts they did not show on tv)the man is on the ground and is being continually punched to the extreme upper part of the body,and with force,as well as being kicked.This policeman should not have a badge,he should join the local vigilante force---correction,it's probably the same thing round those parts.

BTW,as you might expect,there is little physical resistance from the man.

Exactly. This video IS A CASE of police brutality.

Another thing I find HILARIOUS is how a cop came in the thread and said its not brutality and half the people in here change their opionon.

You guys actually trust cops? Not me. I will never need a cop at all, I will never call the cops, I have no respect for cops. and I ESPECIALLY don't trust them.

Of course a cop will try to protect his own kind and say its not brutality!

You know what that cop SHOULD have did? Take the guy down to the station, not try to fight the drugs out of his mouth right there. Plus drugs take a while to work, especially just swollowing drugs in a bag. Do you know how long that will take for your body to break that bag down and get the drugs in your system? Probably atleast a few hours or something before the dope is fully in the system.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

What will happen is that police departments will lose state and federal funding for the 'war on drugs'. The thought just gives me shivers.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Also, why is everyone forgetting that this guy was pulled over while on drugs? Guy was on drugs and driving, HES BREAKING THE LAW! even if drugs were 100% legal he was breaking the law by driving while under the influence.

He was driving while under the influence of drugs. Surprised he got pulled over? Probably had nothing to do with his driving ability.

When somebody who is under the influence of drugs gets pulled over, I tend to put 2+2 together and say there is the slight possibility that MAYBE the REASON he got pulled over was because his poor driving skills as a result of being on drugs. Just maybe..

And this justifies that cop murdering him, how?

Second line.

And I just watched the video again, I gotta laugh at that cops voice. He has the thickest redneck accent I have ever heard. God those are the UGLIEST accents on all of earth. Rednecks suck.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join