It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is on ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fever
The CIA is interested in usernames? And avatars?

My opinion: you're a nut bag.

While I agree that it was a leap for the OP to suggest that a CIA agent started the avatar thread, that's no reason to call the OP a nut bag.

Where the heck are the mods lately?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't see why someone would be uncomfortable about cia. They are an intelligence agency with a mandate to protect the USA through gathering intelligence. I would assume they are everywhere!

As for people expressing what groups, governments and habits they dislike, there is nothing to fear about saying you THINK "goat cheese" is a product of al queda or that the horsehead reptillian anunaki baby born in utah is a bush relative...

The national enquirer / weekly world news propagates far more bunk than we do, but we produce heaps ourselves. And it's perfectly legal to have personal intense hatred for something and express it as your opinion. Whether that be men from mars or women from venus or baked beans and corn. However calling for the death of anyone, personally, is not legal for the most part. You are free to hate companies, organizations, interest groups. Hoping for the death of a non human entity is perfectly legal, too.

Be sure to properly disclose your opinions as just that, opinions. Don't harm people and you will be fine. Even CIA agents have things that bother them that they express to each other and their friends just as You or I do. Sometimes that is directed toward us when we lead them down an innocent path that appears far more ugly and sinister than it really is. There's MANY enemies within, not just a good and bad. There's all different shades of subtypes of personas and logic that can be a danger to people if not cut off or busted before there's an obvious arrestable offense. You can be sure we've all been scoped out here more than once. Who knows?! Some of us might have provided new avenues for them to check out. Maybe one or two of us has already prevented something huge!

I am personally thankful knowing there's intelligence agencies gathering intelligence. Even they are left out of the loop on so many levels. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain president cuts their cord altogether in favor of the new DHS. That will be one VERY sad day for America, and the world. There's nothing like the CIA, as spooky as they can be! Be innocent and don't worry about it.

Viva la CIA!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Oh come on if the CIA wanted to know who we were they could hack into our personal profile and track us by our IP address right down to our front door, then if they wanted they would walk in and know more about us than we know about ourselves before they got to your front door. You are giving yourselves too much credit. They have a system that scans sites for buzz words like kill, president, assassination, um bomb, ect.. ect.. Oh crap I just got flagged four times. Oh well...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I really felt that your apology was heart felt. It's pretty easy to misunderstand what someone is saying when all you have is words on a screen to decipher from. I KNOW that I have been the culprit in that quite a few times.

The difference is that some people can't even apologize or, even worse, intended to make a complete you-know-what of themselves and be incredibly rude and hostile.

Anyway, this IS a conspiracy forum and you thought you might be on to something and went with it. Can't really fault you for that.

You get a star from me

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
it sounds like some of you guys think al gore invented the internet.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm sure people are watching everywhere. Maybe the CIA, maybe the FBI, Maybe the NSA, who knows. They're watching, and they're not posting those threads. They're just watching. They don't need to post those threads to know your info

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay,

I'm thinking ATS has almost a mission statement of "DENY IGNORANCE".

I just checked Sundancer's Avatar thread, and it did source external content; which looked at the psychological reasoning's behind such things as avatars.

Ah, and I also checked, and since sundancer posted in here; The OP of this thread made sundancer a foe???? I'd think that's a bit childish.

I don't know what backwoods areas others come from, but my backwoods area taught me to KNOW people. Just the way the world is.

Full of people, or "P*nd Sc*m", and then there are the sharks.

Now, as far as the CIA, and other intelligence sectors. Sure, they'll look in ATS, but they don't need a 'thread about avatars'; to target nut jobs.

We are in the information age. Anywhere, and anytime we use anything with our names, credit cards, Computers=isp address; the feds build absolutely accurate spreadsheet/database information on MAINCORE.......look it up. We're in the day, and age of super advanced Fusion centers, and they all tie into the above MAINCORE.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

This is actually the first and only forum I have ever posted on. I love ATS and do not plan on discontinuing my involvement with this site. I hope you all do not consider me to be an enemy or a snob. You guys are the only people I can talk to when it comes to this stuff.

Sorry again if I hurt anyone...

Good for you, you should not apologize for doing what ATS is for-expressing your thoughts, thoughts which may not be taken kindly to in the mainstream world. Like I said before I think you have the right theory, just used the wrong evidence in your OP. But look a lot of members agree with you, hell your the top thread right now with 51 flags (me included
).

But ATS is not part of any government cancer with-in the site, I am sure there is one here, even staff members probably know so, but there is likely no proof either way. If there ever was I am sure the appropriate actions were taken. IMO, sure, there a few government agents likely on here right now but who cares, not me....

[edit on 7/9/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by leira7

Leira, what was the point of the thread?

Are you taking back what you said because you put people in a scurry or that you think your original views are wrong?

If it is because you made people upset - don't be sorry. While there are some pretty dumb posts here on ATS (even some by me), we are all here to learn and argue with each other to try and see the oppositions viewpoint.

But if the reason is that you no longer believe such things, then I am in support you of "withdrawing" such comments.

I don't like telling people what to do, unless it is things such as standing up for your views etc.

When I look back at my original post, I think the threads I linked on avatars and usernames were innocent attempts at socializing by legit ATS members and they are not posts from the CIA. However, with that said, I am not underestimating the powers of the government and I do feel like they could come to ATS seeking information about an individual if they felt the need to.

I now do agree with the point that people have made impeccably clear, which is that, there are other, more practical ways of gathering information on an individual. Using sites like myspace and facebook are examples of a more efficient way to get data about someone.

I think I was a little jumpy and a little paranoid when I made those accusations.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Just because they are innocent members threads questioning the Avatars and User Names of the individuals posting on ATS doesn't mean that various agencies aren't using the information freely provided through these various threads to construct a database of members.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TornMind

Ah, and I also checked, and since sundancer posted in here; The OP of this thread made sundancer a foe???? I'd think that's a bit childish.

He made me a foe first! And yes, it is childish! I am a kid at heart

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Do you actually believe ANYTHING we do on the internet is secure? Do you use Comcast or some major internet provider? Do you have a Microsoft product?

EVERYthing is tracked, monitored, associated to you and probably your social security, smartcard ID, or some other identifier.

Do I have a citation or proof of this? Not exactly but think of it this way...

Big business, Bilderberg group, etc owns or makes sure which companies succeed. Sun Microsystems and MCI Worldcom were basically the backbone of the internet. Anything that touches a computer that's linked to the internet is 100% COMPLETELY unsecure (unless you go to great links using Linux and numerous protection/hiding programs.)

The CIA is obviously on ATS. In my opinion talking about ones avatar or user name simply makes us a tighter community and should not only be allowed, but supported.

Edited to add the following:
My user name stands for the idea that I believe all things are interconnected. We are not actually individuals, we just think we are due to the ignorance of the human condition. Therefore I'm not really alive; I am consciousness.
I don't have an avatar because I've been too lazy, and too busy, to look up how to throw one on here. I'd probably do have an avatar related to the need to know the truth about 9/11 and the groups behind the false story.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Of course it is. Nothing we say on here is secret. It's open to everyone anywhere at any time.

It's just as easy for a CIA operative to join up and collect data as it is anyone else to join up and start reading threads. You don't even have to join to start reading threads here. The only real advantage of joining is to be able to view member avatars.

Do people honestly think a site called Above Top Secret wouldn't draw attention from various agencies?

There is probably a few regularly posting members that are CIA agents.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

There have been some recent threads posted on ATS asking members to share information about their Avatars and Usernames. The problem with this is that these threads are irrelevant and therefore should not be featured on "Abovetopsecret".

Here from your OP. You grouped a CIA on ATS thread with a hate mongering crusade at what you "consider" IRRELEVANT" threads.

As other's accused those two threads of you yourself flat out ASK for Stars, and Flags.

I know Sundancer did not, and Sundancer actually had "meat" to their thread...........a external sourced study.

Oh, and I did check, on the childish level you made Sundancer a foe first.... I'll need to go to Sundancer's profile now to look; because You weren't listed as a foe at the time I looked.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TornMind

Please, foe and friend are opinions of a member and subject to an individuals own personal views on a member and should not be the focus of this thread.

Many have foed me in the past and many will foe me in the future, I have no Ill will towards these people, they have an opinion of me and that is their right to have.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

Ok, and I say this in the nicest way, me thinks it's time for you to get out of the basement and play with live people.

That was kinda harsh man, I just wanted people to think before they type. Just so you know, I am at work right now and I have a healthy social life.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by leira7]

I agree with the Author of this post... it was harsh... he was just trying to educate and remind people that all of your activity more then likely is monitored..so..be prepared to stand behind everything you say and don't put things out there that will potentially hurt you or innocent people. Some people have to try and cut down others so they can appear to be *intelligent, witty, etc..* when they got nothing else going on.... Good post but I agree with a couple that said it probably belongs in BTS...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I would hope that anyone on ATS is concerned about the goings on in Washington, Capitol Hill, and the banks, insurance companies, investors and of course derrivatives and default swaps, (conspiracies aside).

And, I would ask all concerned the same question asked by Kucinich to Kashkari.
Here

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Oh give it a rest will ya?

I'm also the guy that said this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

Ok, and I say this in the nicest way, me thinks it's time for you to get out of the basement and play with live people.

That was kinda harsh man, I just wanted people to think before they type. Just so you know, I am at work right now and I have a healthy social life.

Originally posted by tracehd1
I agree with the Author of this post... it was harsh... he was just trying to educate and remind people that all of your activity more then likely is monitored..so..be prepared to stand behind everything you say and don't put things out there that will potentially hurt you or innocent people. Some people have to try and cut down others so they can appear to be *intelligent, witty, etc..* when they got nothing else going on.... Good post but I agree with a couple that said it probably belongs in BTS...

Both quotes are correct. SDog is correct in saying that perhaps leira7 should be more outgoing and leira7 is correct in saying that people should think before they type. Both are opinions and both are relevant.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

We can sugar coat what a "foe" is all day long. This thread flat out dished other threads without really apparently looking at what the OP was trying to express(at least the avatar thread).

Now, I just checked Sundancer, and they do NOT have this OP listed as a "my worthy foe". AT ALL.

Which means it was this OP that listed Sundancer as a "my worthy foe" as soon as Sundancer posted; in defense of their thread.

Now, as far as whether a foe, or friend, the OP didn't think out this thread very well at all. Then "she" said that Sundancer made them a foe first; I'd invite anyone to go to Sundancer's profile, and Everyone will find that Sundancer did NOT, or has not made the OP a "My worthy foe".

C'mon people we are here to deny ignorance; which is what this thread did not do.

There are numerous articles online in which discuss how the CIA, and other governmental alphabet soups gather info. That would have been a worthy thread, but not attacks on fellow members, or lies regarding actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join