It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to SARS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I find it odd that the epidemic that was determined to be so catastrophic in 2002 has merely diminished in potential.

Maybe the Chinese government implemented it as a form of population control, then when they saw it was headed overboard, they pulled in the reigns?

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
SARS cases are still reported.

i don't think it was a form of population control though... if china wanted that they'd just kill a bunch of people for no reason at all.

EDIT: whoops... got my SARS and West Nile Virus confused there...

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
SARS cases are stil reported... it's transmitted mainly by mosquitoes, which only live during the summer.

i don't think it was a form of population control though... if china wanted that they'd just kill a bunch of people for no reason at all.

Yep you are right there are 4 or 5 reported cases in China i am surprised the Chinese Government has let the rest of the world know about these cases.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

But why not? China is so overpopulated that they could easily justify (well, not really) leaking a virus into the public...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Population control is happening all across the world. Even in America, it is happening... What makes you think China wouldn't do it? Seriously, they wouldn't just kill a bunch of people. The rest of the world would raise hell...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well remeber last time they got a big slap on the hand from the WHO cos they didnt tell any1 about it it was the Hong Kong govt who let evry1 the WHO know about it.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The Chinese Govt thought they could contain it by obviously they were wrong.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
uh... how are population controls in effect in the US? i mean, other than birth controls forms there is nothing mandatory as there is in china

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
uh... how are population controls in effect in the US? i mean, other than birth controls forms there is nothing mandatory as there is in china

In China as might as well already know each family is only allowed to have 1 child.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Nothing mandatory, no. But implemented nonetheless, yes... Come on now. Think about it.

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So your saying the US has a limit of how many kids your allowed to have per family? thats all i can think of.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No, of course not. *shakes head*

Come on, Drunk. Think!!!

How many ways do you think the government can implement population control? The scenarios are unlimited. Here are a few to help you out...

1) Birth Control
2) Abortion
3) HIV
4) STD's in general
5) Cancer
6) Diabetes
7) Diseases in general

Do you honestly believe that there is no cure for HIV/AIDS? Or Cancer? Come on now... The government has the cure. They withhold it, because they originally created it for the purpose of population control, and if they release the cure to the public, it kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? It's the same story with SARS...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hey i aint American so i wouldnt know, these mandatory measures are diseases, you think the govt started them? then they withhelpd the cure? i am sorry i dont beleive this but wait this id the US govt we are talking about so it COULD be true.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah, the good ol' U.S. of A. isn't exactly the "role model" for the world, if you know what I mean.

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Other govts are just the same as the US i just wish there was a govt out there that doesnt follow US a "role model"

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
True...

However, not everything about America is all bad. Just the majority of it.
There are a lot of great things about America. But for some reason (especially lately) all everyone sees is the bad...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Erm... Sars is transmitted by mosquitos? There's no evidence for that.... In fact, if you assume the statement 'since mosquitos only live during the summer then where do they get it from?

I did a project on SARS. It's not THAT effective a population control, with a death rate of 5-10%, only affecting old and ill people (For the main part, you do have some freak cases).

There's no evidence that it is at all airborne.... It's probably transmitted by body fluids (E.g. urine) which caused the Amoy Gardens infections in Hong Kong..

So please, no scientists are sure how it's transmitted yet, dont start stating stuff like that as if it's a fact.... They know where it originated but not how it's passed on.... Perhaps coughing onto people and stuff, but that's pretty obvious

Dont try to claim America is into population control when there is no solid proof about it...
Abortion and Birth control... it's not like the American government is going around saying 'You're having an abortion tomorrow', well to my knowledge anyway...
Most STDs have been around longer than America has... HIV originated in Africa, from someone hitting it off with a monkey
Cancer isnt REALLY caused by a virus or anything, they tried to find it in the 70s/80s to no success, it's caused by a whole host of factors so you cant really blame the American government

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Riiiggghhhttt...

Browha you are so niave. Why are you standing up for the government? You take their side over ours?

Besides, you can't really prove anything, anyway, so don't go talking about "facts". Nothing is a fact. Nothing...

Mr. M

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Naive surely?
I'm standing up for the government because the majority voted it in.
If it was THAT bad then it wouldnt have been voted in.
I am not Naive, I am just rational

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Rrrriiiiggggghhhhtttt............

And I'm John Wayne re-incarnated.

Mr. M

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join