It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Windows and Doors Bring Spirits?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have a strange question to ask. I've heard that having your doors open to your room or leaving your windows open invites spirits in or at least makes it easier to enter. Is that true? Has it ever happened to you?

I myself am not really concerned for it happening to me because I have encountered a negative entity (not a demon, just a pissed off ghost or something )and simply demanded it leave. I just want to know if there is some truth to this rumor.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No thats not what brings spirits in. They either where there before you where or you have to invite them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
LOL! No that is not what brings them into your home.

Not a one liner.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I've always slept with the door closed, and I make sure my wardrobe is closed as there's a mirror on the door. I just feel uncomfortable with mirrors in rooms where I sleep and feel uncomfortable with the door open when I sleep.

I go to my friends house and he has a huge mirror the length of his door, it faces you when you sleep. I spent 2 hours lying in bed trying to sleep that night.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You should try to leave a door open and wait on an evil spirit to come through it, and then slam the door on its fingers.

Also, please make a video of your activity while doing so.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Make sure to leave a full glass of water out for them by the window. After a few days you can see the glass less and less full as the spirits drink out of it. That will keep them happy.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting idea, and I'm glad you brought it up. My studies in this, however, have revealed the opposite.

To wit: If all life is energy, then this necessarily implies that even the smallest creatures are included. I have heard different defintions of terms for them, but I choose the term "elementals". These are the small creatures, such as mice, insects, and the like.

These creatures die within your home. Even if you dispose of the corpses, their energies may remain. Leaving the doors and windows open whenever possible, permits them to leave. On a beautiful day, and after a day of leaving the doors open (I had the storm doors removed, and lovely screen doors put in their place) the atmosphere in your home, seems lighter, and brighter, cleaner.

Yes, of course the fresh air plays a part in it also. But so does the exodus of the elementals.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
lololol

No, I think it's the vampire movies you are thinking about?

Where did you hear that?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

I put the leaves of fresh sage under my door mats for protection against negative energies. Sage is used in purification, healing and cleansing. Sage carries the virtues of strength, mental health and wisdom, and banishes all evil.

"When a practitioner grows Sage, the health of the living plant is seen as a reflection of the grower's personal affairs and business... It invokes the deity Consus, who is the ruling god of councils. Solomon included sage in the making of his aspurger, and is also used today to increase longevity."

The Master Book of Herbalism

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Hello yapyap3.....good to meet you.

Acutally, in magical terms there is some truth to this. When doing protection work in a home, every portal should be sealed ritually....doors, windows, drains, electrical points, phone lines....everything. Anything material that moves in and out of your home could be a conduit, and anything that leaves a space. I know people will choose to laugh at this, but unless you've been plagued with unwanted visitors and tried everything to get rid of them, you don't really know, do you....? Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that there is only one given way for spirits to move....if a spirit can inhabit an object, as many people believe, then they could just as easily use material to move, as well as what we perceive as thin air.

And Nventual's point about mirrors is a good one, and a Feng Shui taboo, if you've ever taken time to study that discipline. Mirrors should not be in the bedroom at all if possible, and if you must have them, they should not relflect you when you're lying in bed. It's like creating a body double of yourself...and it's also a portal of other dimensions. Otherwise, if the door shut makes you feel safe, just do it. I sleep with mine open so my dog has free run of the house and that does the trick for me. It's an individual thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting Caitlin. My friend, who's huge mirror is on his door, actually faces him when he sleeps. I found it really uneasy but didn't say anything to him. He's been acting different lately while in his room at night, wonder if the mirror has anything to do with it? Probably not, but worth a thought anyway. I've always made sure no mirrors are facing anything. What about CDs though? I have heaps of CDs scattered everywhere with the shiny side facing up!

Another interesting thing.. I once had a girlfriend who's mother was a psychic and a reader. However she (the mother) had a huge mirror in her bedroom that faced her when she slept. I always felt uneasy when I was in her room because of it, but I guess it never bothered her.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Beware your bedroom closet.

Thats where they reside.

Always keep it close

And the Spirits will remain inside.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yayap3
I have a strange question to ask. I've heard that having your doors open to your room or leaving your windows open invites spirits in or at least makes it easier to enter.

I believe that the more common name for "spirits" entering through open doors & windows is called the wind.

Just my 2-cents.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You continue to impress me with your thoughtful posts Hazelnut. It doesn't matter if I believe in your method, I just appreciate your even-handed way of relaying information. As it turns out, I think your methods work if you believe they do; I have my own talismans not unlike yours.

In regard to the OP, we have doors and windows open all day. I've not seen any evidence of spirit entities. Before we go to bed, I close everything up and lock it. I really can't sleep well otherwise. As it is, any unusual sound wakes me up, and when this happens I slip out the back door and scout around in the dark. It's an illness, I believe, but one rooted in experience.

I've had nighttime experiences that have terrified me. They are consistent with the phenomenon characterized as "sleep paralysis". I hope that's true.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by yayap3

Hello yapyap3.....good to meet you.

Acutally, in magical terms there is some truth to this. When doing protection work in a home, every portal should be sealed ritually....doors, windows, drains, electrical points, phone lines....everything. Anything material that moves in and out of your home could be a conduit, and anything that leaves a space. I know people will choose to laugh at this, but unless you've been plagued with unwanted visitors and tried everything to get rid of them, you don't really know, do you....? Also, I don't remember reading anywhere that there is only one given way for spirits to move....if a spirit can inhabit an object, as many people believe, then they could just as easily use material to move, as well as what we perceive as thin air.

And Nventual's point about mirrors is a good one, and a Feng Shui taboo, if you've ever taken time to study that discipline. Mirrors should not be in the bedroom at all if possible, and if you must have them, they should not relflect you when you're lying in bed. It's like creating a body double of yourself...and it's also a portal of other dimensions. Otherwise, if the door shut makes you feel safe, just do it. I sleep with mine open so my dog has free run of the house and that does the trick for me. It's an individual thing.

Yes exactly, I always do this, and another thing, salt at the doorway will keep sprits entering that are negative also works for people, (whether door is open or closed)they either won't enter your home or they will "Leave their negativity at the door", But you should do this about every three months. Also, a good way to make sure you don't have an open portal is to never face the mirror to a door(I have a mirror like this and nowhere else to put it so I do the seal on it so nothing enters) Or facing any windows. If you do and you can't or don't want to move it and you don't want the portals open you use Pine oil and mark with a cross or pentacle and say whatever you feel will work. Oh and you can do this with holy water and consecrate it with a verse about keeping evil out whatever verse you choose, that's if you are christian. And then say "in Jesus' name I ask you this". at the end of the verse.

So for example "And deliver us from evil," ... or say the whole Our father.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Beware your bedroom closet.

Thats where they reside.

Always keep it close

And the Spirits will remain inside.

as to the OP,unless spirits can't open doors for whatever reason...ie stupid.Then i guess your theory is sound.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is not the physical doors and windows that let them in or out. It is the invisible ones. (if they exist, that is) The ones that open when you invite lots of hatred and anger into your lifestyle and home. Those are the doors that let the evil in.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Thanks for info and link. I have a huge sage bush outside in the flower bed. Going to bring some in.... and will also put some under the welcome mats, or around the doorways. I like the smell of it anyway.

I have had an experience or two, but never a bad one. Don't want one, either.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

It is invisible portals that let evil entities in, but good spirits can come and go as they please?

Is is correct to think this?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well, if you do it right only good energies are welcome, they need portals too, but they are a different kind of portal. There are portals to the other side which is where light souls go (or good) and there are portals to other places where negative energies can come in however, doors being closed won't stop them, you have to seal your whole house(I usually make a circle around the entire structure).Most of the time these portals are Outside of the building, but mirrors facing doors and windows, can open these negative other dimensions due to reversing the image Of a "good" portal. I am trying to describe it the best way I can. Hope it helps.

On a sidenote I just found out from my daughter that indeed my protection has proof of working. My daughter and her friend had seen a spirit outside of our house window, she went to reach and touch the window and she pulled back as if in pain then the girls saw her hand was bloody where she retreated it from the window. My daighter's really upset by this because she said the girl spirit began to cry, and mouthed the word "Help", I tried to explain that it was a malevolent spirit or the protection wouldn't work. She still thinks it was a harmless spirit. I even told her they will try to trick children. She still is upset, though she's seen my granmother's spirit inside the home and another freind whos deceased in our home, so she knows that helpful and family, or good spirits can indeed be here. I don't know how else to make her understand she would not want that entity in here!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join