It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Sr. didn't finish the job in Kuwait!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Let's liberate Kuwait! Let's finish the job! If Bush is so concerned about spreading democracy in the Middle East, let's install a democratic government in Kuwait. Kuwait is a dictatorship. A hereditary monarcharchy that appoints the prime minister and deputy prime ministers. Why is Iraq the only country that is allowed to be 'free'? If we install a democracy in Kuwait, it will spread throughout the Middle East. Let's end Kuwait's dictatorship!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it ironic that we are trying to make Iraq freer than Kuwait? I mean, didn't we liberate both?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't recall Kuwait invading any other countrys... or being sanctioned by the UN, and then violating said sanctions... or even murduring hundreds of thousands of it's own people.

You really cannot compare the two.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Our commitment to democracy is also tested in the Middle East, which is my focus today, and must be a focus of American policy for decades to come. In many nations of the Middle East -- countries of great strategic importance -- democracy has not yet taken root. And the questions arise: Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty? Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom, and never even to have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it. I believe every person has the ability and the right to be free.

G.W. Bush "President Bush Discusses Freedom in Iraq and Middle East" from the Whitehouse homepage.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
I don't recall Kuwait invading any other countrys... or being sanctioned by the UN, and then violating said sanctions... or even murduring hundreds of thousands of it's own people.

You really cannot compare the two.

You took the words right out of my mouth...We liberated Kuwait from Iraq...not from its govt...

new topics

top topics

join