It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representative Peter King of New York speaks out about Michael Jackson! Good for him!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's refreshing to hear a politician say what so many of us have been saying since the death of Michael Jackson. Yes, he was aquitted, but so was OJ, and I didn't agree with that jury decision either. For those that missed it:

Now, I know that some are saying, "OMG, JaxonRoberts is defending and supporting a Republican!?!?!?". Well, I may not agree with alot of what the Neo-Republican Party and it's members have to say, but as far as I'm concerned, this guy is SPOT ON!!! If I lived in NY, he would have my vote!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Really? Im so glad that representative knows whats REALLY important...

Will we ever see news again? CNN just became the MJ channel. Im not even trying to say he wasnt important, but DANG, id like to hear about something else now

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

My sentiments exactly. The economy is crap and he's talking about MJ. Vote him in?

I say vote his ass out.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Go to Youtube and check out the entire video. He starts off by talking about veterans, service members, war memorials and the lack of coverage concerning the two wars we are engaged in. He then goes into the MJ overcoverage and scolds the media for giving it way too much coverage when there are much more important issues that deserve coverage, but aren't getting it because of all the brewhaha about the dead pedophile!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Here we go, the full video. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
perhaps the politician ought to stick to doing his job. what he has there is a personal opinion and using the exposure and platform that comes with his office to express a personal opinion is an abuse of power.

and a star for David1976 too.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well it's good that he did that....and I can't watch the video and didn't watch the video you posted. I don't think I can stand watching another piece on MJ. As soon as I see anything about it on tv..i instantly change the channel and it angers me to no end the attention the media has given it...with hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs each month.

I'm glad the guy criticized the media for it though...from your description i thought he was just talking about for the hell of it...hence why i didn't watch the vid.

I've about had it with our media. They are completely frickin lost...corporate owned BS machines.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah, the Congressman went off about the extreme media coverage on MJ, calling him a 'pedophile' and a 'pervert'. He found all of the positive coverage 'disgusting'! I'm with you, enough already! To paraphrase Bette Davis, when asked about the death of Joan Crawford:

My mother always said to speak good of the dead. He's dead. Good!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Go to Youtube and check out the entire video. He starts off by talking about veterans, service members, war memorials and the lack of coverage concerning the two wars we are engaged in. He then goes into the MJ overcoverage and scolds the media for giving it way too much coverage when there are much more important issues that deserve coverage, but aren't getting it because of all the brewhaha about the dead pedophile!

I agree about the lack of relative coverage given to our MIL, just look at the Little Rock shooting of the recruiter for instance in June. That incident received almost no coverage in comparison to other stories, and for that the MSM is wrong.

However, this representative needs to shut his mouth. MJ is dead, and ranting about him being a bad person, a pedophile, etc., is completely off base, and ludicrous. There is no proof that MJ was a pedophile, aside from the fact that he was sued by some trailer park queen (No offense to trailer park folks here, but I do mean it in a metaphorical sense). MJ spent countless hours of his time, and countless millions of dollars, in his support of charities and disabled children the world over.

If you speak to anyone who actually knew the guy, MJ cared for children, and he would do anything within his power to protect them from ever being harmed. He was a religious man, as he deeply held the belief in Jesus' caring of children, and in the belief of Children as pure and innocent people. I do not know about you, but these do not sound like the actions of a bad person. He had quirks, and he was odd in regards to this appearance, but he should not be judged by such. Was is not Dr. King who reminded us that we should not judge individuals by their appearance, but rather through their character? MJ had a huge heart, and due to his complete openness, and odd appearance, it was extremely easy to cast labels upon him as a result of such.

Also, you can claim to cast judgment from a court case all that you wish, but holding a label upon someone who remains Not Guilty is utterly wrong, and runs contrary to everything which our Justice System stands for.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I agree about the lack of relative coverage given to our MIL, just look at the Little Rock shooting of the recruiter for instance in June.

Better yet...what happened to the anti-war coverage?

I guess everyone is pro-war now that Obama is in office.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I honestly think there are a few important people with some major influence and moneys that do not want MJ remembered as a child molester in his death..I feel they want him to be remembered as the perfect angel to go into the history books...this is going way to over board in the news BS,just as they did after 911 with all the patriotic stuff and movies..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good Lord, I am sick of hearing the politically correct worship Jackson.

He was a loser. He had it all, and screwed it up. I used to listen to his music. What happened to him?

In the end, he couldn't even face people in public. Just an admission of guilt, in my opinion. Good bye MJ, see you on the other side.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

If you speak to anyone who actually knew the guy, MJ cared for children,

He was not right, and you know it. We all know it. It's not for us to condemn him, but it's not for us to worship him either. I say, let him go quietly.

Let God deal with him.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Still more evidence that we are doomed as a society. While watching the CBS Evening News tonight, I watched that incomparable idiot Katie Couric spend the first TWELVE minutes of her news broadcast on Michael Jackson and the ludicrousness that is his "memorial service" in LA tonight.

We are at war. The economy is getting worse with near record unemployment. Our President is meeting the Russian leader (a puppet but still) for the first time and he was the second story. For a whole THIRTY seconds.

Where the *snip* is that asteroid and why hasn't it hit here yet? I'm getting impatient. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, well, well...

THAT mans opinion i can wipe myself with. He is a pig, he is the lowest form of humanity for having said what he said.

If he has a problem with all the MJ hoopla, he could have said so without the disgusting comments he engaged in.
The truth is Michael J was NEVER convicted of any crime, LIKE IT OR NOT, the rule its still INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

There was no excuse for him to ramble on about MJ being, to paraphrase, a freak.

But thats what this society is all about. Opinions are like butt *snip* everyones got one- but to blatantly speak so dirty to the people he will live to regret

He;s gonna get his ars kicked but good. And i cant wait for being a disrespectful DEGENERATE.

And you guys are entitled to your own opinions, at least you're just posting anonymously on a board.
Root for him, go ahead. You are also being disrespectful to a dead man.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

There is a big difference between innocent and not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They didn't call him 'Whacko Jacko' for nuttin'! And no one got all upset about that, now did they? There are plenty of us who feel that the jury in his case made a bad decision, much like the jury in the OJ murder trial. Now if this guy was trying to squelch the First Amendment, you'd want him crucified, but when he exercises it...

Jacko was a freak, and it's nice to hear someone saying it, LOUD AND PROUD!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You are entitled.

I said what i needed to say. Got it off my chest, you know???

Great.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The truth is Michael J was NEVER convicted of any crime, LIKE IT OR NOT, the rule its still INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

Yet that did not stop anyone in the media from using MJ as cannonfodder for everything from news exposes to late night monologues from 1990 to the day before he died.

Rep. King has said nothing that hasn't been said before, by quite a lot of people, in every form of media, in every country in the western world and then some.

Death makes saints of us all.*

(*Until next week, when the body is in the ground, and the books start hitting the newsstands, and the made for TV movies currently in production start hitting the airwaves, and so on and so on. )

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

None of you can rattle my cage.
I abide by the rules here. As i said, i stated what i thought, now i move on.

Ta ta!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I'm waiting for one of his 'children' to write a book, which will probably be titled "Daddy Dearest"! It does amaze me how a person can be villified one day, then the next when he or she is dead, they are a saint! He was an exceptional performer and songwriter, but that don't make him a saint!

reply to post by dgtempe

That's the beauty of ATS! Everyone's opinion is allowed! Even if I don't agree with it, you certainly have the right to have and express it! And just for the record, I was not trying to get under your skin. It's not my style!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join