It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the U.S. won't exist in 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
1) All the states are going bankrupt. With the failure of state governments comes the failure in the trust of national governments.

2) This will lead to hyperinflation and people will blame the Bush and Obama administrations, and the US government in general.

3) The United States will start to demilitarize as it starts paying its soldiers IOUs and they quit.

4) China will not take over the US because their government will also have a fallout.

5) Sarah Palin stepped down, I believe, because she knows this is imminent and there IS no 2012 election.

6) All state and federal services will stop, and the US will be brought into a state of confusion - however it will be resolved in a few months as local governments step in and do what the states and country normally did.

7) You will have an America without a government, without working borders, and essentially comprised of thousands of city-states. The flag will still fly and people will still light fireworks on the Fourth of July, but there won't be a United States.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Palin stepped down because she could not effectively govern under the relentless siege against her and her family, which was costing her and her state hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Besides, if liberals are right about Palin, she's not smart enough plan breakfast, much less predict the end of the nation.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
According to Trent Reznor the year is 2022, so you're going to gave to wait a few more years

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I Palin knew there wouldn't be another election she would have never stepped down. She would be still be in office soaking up what money she could steal from the taxpayers, taking some vacations and so on.

star and flag for you Op

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You guys can come live in the UK. Be like the good old days

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

1) All the states are going bankrupt. With the failure of state governments comes the failure in the trust of national governments.

States will seperate from the Union before they allow things to degrade into that.

2) This will lead to hyperinflation and people will blame the Bush and Obama administrations, and the US government in general.

This is true, Hyperinflation isn't just a fear, it will be reality at some point soon.

3) The United States will start to demilitarize as it starts paying its soldiers IOUs and they quit.

This one, I don't think will occur, simply because they could just use the money from black projects to pay the military. Keep in mind it's their most powerful asset in foreign politics and civil order.

4) China will not take over the US because their government will also have a fallout.

Yup, China would love to watch the US eat itself from the inside out. They'll stear clearn until they know there is something to gain from intervening.

5) Sarah Palin stepped down, I believe, because she knows this is imminent and there IS no 2012 election.

I don't think Sarah Palin has the intelligence to determine whether or not she'll be capable of making breakfast tomorrow morning, let alone know what will happen to your nation in 3 years. Her stepping down is just a farce for her to be able to do interviews and attempt a "grass roots" movement to get her elected in 2012.

6) All state and federal services will stop, and the US will be brought into a state of confusion - however it will be resolved in a few months as local governments step in and do what the states and country normally did.

7) You will have an America without a government, without working borders, and essentially comprised of thousands of city-states. The flag will still fly and people will still light fireworks on the Fourth of July, but there won't be a United States.

Nopes, the states will probably remain since they will be able to govern themselves if there is no Federal Government. They aren't that stupid. I think it would probably devolve back to North VS South or something of that nature.

I think you are correct that the US will cease to exist as we know it, but it will always be the US. Americans are very patriotic and just because their government are a bunch of fools doesn't mean they are.

Let's give the people a little more credit, sure they are slow on the draw at this point, but they work well under pressure. A little optimism has always gone a long way.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Keeper I'm actually pretty optimistic, I think there will still be an American culture and nation, just not a Union.

I think the breakup will be quite peaceful and at least some of the state governments might survive.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It will only get ugly in the more "Important" states like Texas, California, Virginia, Florida and the Rust Belt ofcourse.

There will be alot of things that alot of people are going to want, or control, so those are to be looked out for.

And yes I agree, American the culture, America the Idea will never cease to exist, but this dog and pony show which is called a system right now will be gone.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It will only get ugly in the more "Important" states like Texas, California, Virginia, Florida and the Rust Belt ofcourse.

There will be alot of things that alot of people are going to want, or control, so those are to be looked out for.

And yes I agree, American the culture, America the Idea will never cease to exist, but this dog and pony show which is called a system right now will be gone.

~Keeper

Exactly.

I feel bad when I hear people say i'm "un-patriotic" for saying that our government will collapse at basically any minute. they think i'm crazy.

but the us government is about the most un-patriotic group of americans you can find! there will still be an American culture, just as there is still a Southern culture. the border with Canada, Mexico etc might be blurrier, but there will still be an America after an American government.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
You guys can come live in the UK. Be like the good old days

Thanks for the friendly offer...its refreshing to see a bit of transatlantic solidarity amidst all the usual negatvity and pigfighting that characterizes international relations on the web...

....so cheers to you, mate, as I believe they say in your neck of the woods.

I guess the only problem with your plan is that there are too many of us these days...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I feel bad when I hear people say i'm "un-patriotic" for saying that our government will collapse at basically any minute. they think i'm crazy.

It's an easy trap to fall into and one that got me for years before I finally took the plunge and said, "screw it, I know I love what the country *REALLY* is and could be, and anyone who tries to twist this into some form of "unpatriotism" is just going to have to live with being weak, wrong, and stupid." I started standing up for myself more and putting up sharper verbal comebacks, and you know what...I found that quickly so many people actually agree with me but were just big-mouthing and hiding behind blusterty exteriors out of fear themselves! The whole rotten thing is a house of cards just waiting to come down. I'm delighted to see more and more people getting up the guts to give a push and a shove here and there as they realize this.

[edit on 7/5/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You're underestimating the strength of our system of government, the resiliency of the American people and you're ignoring history.

We are not invincible by any means and we should never fall victim to that delusion, however, we have gone through far worse than this.

It never hurts to consider the worst case scenarios, but one should never lose faith in one's nation.

The economy might be a house of cards, but the nation and our government is not.

If you're scared enough to start losing your faith in America, it's high time for you to get involved in your government.

There are many venues and many ways for you to contribute to making America stronger.

Get going.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The USA should change it's national symbol to that of a snake eating its own tail!

Every nation on the planet has went through its own demise, often more than once. Why should the USA be any different? We have had a long run. Independence since 1776, and now it is 2009! Not bad...for the first run.
Now we are in full blown self destruct mode, with our cultural heritage, and national identity being ripped to shreds. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are being used as toilet paper, as the current mindless set in Washington D.C. affront and assault us at every level. No revolution of the masses will stem the tide of nationalistic suicide by the elected officials who are only interested in padding their own pockets, accounts and that of their cronies.
We are the modern day equivalency of the Roman Empire on fire. And we will fall just as they did in their day.
We became the Fourth Reich once World War Two was over. There never really was any freedom for the people as it is so often preached. The scam was to offer the appearance of freedom, and free elections, while the "collective apparatus of the war/business machine" did as it pleased, and therefore dictated and controlled the talking heads residing in governmental offices and departments. To many self interests, special interests, organized crime along with foreign intrigues, have usurped and ulcerated the core of truth and justice. Once laws and justice have been corrupted beyond repair, you are left with anarchy...which is where we are headed.
The absurdity of pushing light bulb legislation while the borders are left as porous as sieves, is beyond comprehension. Those lobbyists who gave huge campaign contributions must be rewarded after all. General Electric Corp. was a major contributor...hence; mandating all new "Green" light bulbs for every household and business in the nation... meanwhile back at the Rio Grande, they cross by the thousands, like cockroaches in the night. Mules for drugs, guns, sex slaves, undocumented workers, and terrorists!

We are warned nearly weekly, that some BIG event is coming in the USA soon. Never a clear indication of what it will be, just something bigger than 9-11. We keep the national terror threat level indicator at Orange! But, those damn incandescent light bulbs gotta go! It is called misdirection! The really sad part is, most are looking where the wiggling fingers are gesturing, and not at the double behind the curtain.
The Media has a feeding frenzy over a jaded Pop stars illegal drug induced death, and yet refused to cover the heinous Cap and Trade bill voted on in the middle of the night, which will hemorrhage the nation financially with umpteen hidden taxes. Katie Coric will chortle away about the nation losing a national icon,(sic) while our real hero's are fighting for their lives in Afghanistan! The perversion in the media is vast and deeply ingrained. The truth we crave is fed to paper shredders every day in corporate broadcasting houses, while Pundits blather on about nothingness, and those like Madoff abscond with billions of illegally gotten gains, ruining thousands of lives. Greed is alive and well...everywhere!

The national tax funded cookie jar has been raided so often, that even the crumbs are gone. Every national program that should be fully viable and funded by tax payer dollars, is now left to flap in the dry winds desolation and despair. Promises made long ago to the elders, and retiring, have been broken, and are told to do with less...while the elected fly off to exotic locations for corporate funded Bacchanalia's called fact finding junkets!

Yes, a viperous snake eating its tail is what this nation has become. From what I see, and hear, we deserve every bit of what we get and lose.

The word "Booboisie" comes to mind. Let them change their light bulbs!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It never hurts to consider the worst case scenarios, but one should never lose faith in one's nation.

What if your nation was Germany and the year was 1936?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My primary concern with the fate of the US is the continuance of services and goods which makes the day to day functioning of the country possible. If those things fail at the federal level and it manages to make it beyond that to the state level then no heap of resilience will matter because things will indeed go from bad to catastrophic in a hurry. As long as people have power, water, food and the illusion of protection via fire/police/EMS then things will chug on irregardless of anything else, but if those fail for even 48 hours we are in for a nasty ride.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't think Sarah Palin has the intelligence to determine whether or not she'll be capable of making breakfast tomorrow morning, let alone know what will happen to your nation in 3 years.

She is not only capable of making breakfast tomorrow, but she is survivor enough to catch it and cook it.

Scares you, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

This is not 1936 and this is not Germany.

This is the US and it's 2009.

The German people did not have to follow the Nazis to hell and they did not have to remain silent when those around them began to be harassed, locked up and murdered.

Furthermore, you can in no way compare the history of Germany in 1936 to the history of the US in 2009.

And besides that, Germany is not the topic of this thread.

At least try to be relevant.

[edit on 2009/7/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Because on 12-21-12, it's game over. Were you not paying attention

The USA and TPTB will have their way with us well before then. The NWO or NAU will rear it's ugly head before we see the end

Just a matter of time....which is running out as we type.....tick, tock, tick, tock........

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I love all this idiotic 2012 talk.... If the governments knew about 2012 and were preparing bunker for it then why are they so concerned about looting the middle class. Sometimes You people make me wonder and do You actually for once believe the crap You are sprouting.....

If the correction comes I am all for it.....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

This is not 1936 and this is not Germany.

This is the US and it's 2009.

The German people did not have to follow the Nazis to hell and they did not have to remain silent when those around them began to be harassed, locked up and murdered.

Furthermore, you can in no way compare the history of Germany in 1936 to the history of the US in 2009.

And besides that, Germany is not the topic of this thread.

At least try to be relevant.

[edit on 2009/7/5 by GradyPhilpott]

Well I'm just saying faith in one's nation is not a good thing, because no government can be trusted. You said it as implying faith in whatever your nation is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join