It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indigo War Writing Contest - #WINNERS ANNOUNCED#

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I knew this was a touchy subject before I wrote my entry, but honestly it's fiction, and everyone knows it's fiction, so I stuck with my original idea...A real war. By the way, I don't have an opinion on the reality of Indigo's (Not a subject I have spent time investigating) and I still chose to portray myself on their side in my story! Here's the link:

(IWWC) Indigo Revelations

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Come on fellow indigos. Get off your horses. This is a FICTION story, its not meant to separate or fear monger. If you consider yourself indigo, you should welcome questioning (but not insults). You can't expect people just to take your word for it right. We will have to answer a lot of questions in the future, probably more difficult ones. That will no doubt weed out those who are not really one of the indigos. We can't point the anti-indigo finger everytime some says anything about us.

This sounds fun and it will be. I am in!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
I knew this was a touchy subject

It certainly seems that way...

Here on ATS, we are able to tackle just about any issue, be it religion, global warming, politics and so forth, but having a FICTION writing contest about something as controversial as Indigo children appears to be too much for some.

Have no fear, Cameoii... there are no restrictions on anyone's imagination in regards to writing fiction. It's supposed to be FUN and a PhD in paraneurology is not required.

I've hunted through the web looking for anything which could be construed as scientific proof for both Indigo and Chrystal children but all to no avail. I'm not saying there's nothing to it, mind you, it's just that there's been no clinical studies done that I could find. Maybe someone reading can educate us all on it.

So far, I've enjoyed the stories submitted and I hope many more members decide to join in the fun. I also hope that those who consider themselves Indigo's will take the opportunity to use the medium of fictional writing to bring their message to the readership. They might be interested to read my own interpretation in the story Monarch.

A revolution may be defined as a struggle toward change. It can take many forms and does not necessarily require violence. Remember what I said about Ghandi and the salt. However, even a revolution attempted through non-violence can have violent repercussions.

There are those who will stand against change, no matter how peacefully that change is being promoted. If Obama is an Indigo, as N.A.T stated on her website, all you need do is listen to those who oppose him. You needn't go to Google for that... there's plenty of evidence right here on ATS.

Edit to add

What born-indigo said.

[edit on 6/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hi Masqua,

Why haven't you sent out a U2U to all ATS members informing them of this constest?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by masqua

Hi Masqua,

Why haven't you sent out a U2U to all ATS members informing them of this constest?

We bump this thread several times a day. You simply need to look at the board to see the thread or the many entries already in competition.

This is going to be a good contest.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just added my story. I hope everyone enjoys it. It drove me nuts but it was not a far trip. It is called Epiphany Squared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I finished mine. It was inspired by all the arguements from the indigo threads. Kind of a worst case scenario.

(IWWC)SILAS

I hope you enjoy it. So far I have really liked all the other entries. ATS has some very talented writers amidst.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by born-indigo]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Alot of the internet fighting and belittling of each other has kind of driven me from this site, but I do really like the short story section. I may enter, this battle. What does it mean to have writer status, does that do anything special?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mephesto
What does it mean to have writer status, does that do anything special?

The only perk that writer status has is the ability to post in Collaborative Fiction

A place of relative peace where writers of all stripes and spots pen poetry or get together to write a fictional story. It's well worth it in my experience, but then I really DO love writing.

I hope you decide to enter a story in the contest, mephesto.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As I was driving on a long quiet stretch of two lane blacktop today, I had a bit of an epiphany. The sky looked much like the opening of The Simpsons. You can picture it, I'm sure; small puffy clouds drifting apart as the credits start to roll and their catchy tune plays.

The music and lyrics were in my head and on my lips when I realized that Bart is the perfect Indigo, Lisa the perfect Crystal and Homer and Marg perfect pair of Sleepers. Maggie... well...

Could it be that the show is based on the work of Nancy Ann Tappe?

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

They function as a group consciousness rather than as individuals, and they live by the" Law of One" or Unity Consciousness. They are a powerful force for love and peace on the planet.

www.starchild.co.za...

I don't know. I just don't see it. I mean Bart comes up with some evil stuff some time. Lisa seems to be influenced by anything that she is told through the media. I don't think they are based on Indigo children.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I was just speculating and not too serious on the Simpsons being archetypes in regards to the Nancy Ann Tappe conception.

It would be fun using those characters in a short story, though. You never know, it could wind up being a show someday. I wonder if Matt Groening reads ATS?

Certainly lots of good material here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have two entries. One is to be judged, the other was just cause I wanted to write it. The first one is the one that will be judged. The other is the actual story.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As per your request the first story has been topped and will remain at the top of the board. The second story you wrote will not be topped and should soon fade away.

Should you change your mind, let us know.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
TotAl awesome entries for the contest ! ThuS. Far can't wait To. See New entries thanks. To. Jack and. 2theC
Great. Story guyS!
Good antar too

Phone typing slowly lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My little story is up. Would put a link here, but sadly, I don't know how.

It's entitled "Evacuation".

Masqua, I've never thanked you for responding to my u2u.
I appreciate it! Thanks for your encouragement.

liw

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Great LIW, good to see you enter, I will go read your story now :UP:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ladyinwaiting, I loved your story, it remineded me (the writing style) of those great adventures they make into Kids movies. I love kids movies and your story too! I look forward to many more from you. I especially liked your descriptive details, seemed like you were totally present and enjoyed writing this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
My little story is up. Would put a link here, but sadly, I don't know how.

It's entitled "Evacuation".
liw

Done..........

Here's the link. I too liked it!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Whaa..........That was a nice thing to do! (Placing the link for me).

Thank you, and my best to you.

liw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join