It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

A Muslim court is exactly what these religious fanatics are trying to create to continue to build barriers between themselves, and everyone else, barriers to entrap their women into have 4 plus kids each. These kids will be raised in religious intolerance to become an ever bigger problem in our society.

These Muslim courts are being set up by back dooring the arbitration process. Arbitration should not be used for religious purposes, and Brittan courts should put an end to it. Time to ban the burqa for what it is, gang signs for extremist gangs.

Ban the burqa and ban the headscarf to protect all women. Eliminate these courts, and start treating the radicals for what they are, criminal organizations.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm really surprised to hear about these courts operating - it's against human rights - but of course that wouldn't matter because we don't have any (rights that is). I greatly fear Muslim dogma - it's violent and extremely abusive to women and anyone who doesn't believe/live as they do. In their hearts and minds, it is their god fearing right to start the holocaust so "their" savior can come. How noble - another race of people being bred to take out anyone who doesn't believe as they do. That's the problem - they won't stop in the UK, they are going global. Killing in the name of (their) God - Jeeeeeezus that's so insane! (yeah, pun intended)

They are allowed because they will add to the chaos coming. Did you hear about the (Muslim) man in Canada a while back who beheaded his wife because it was okay to do so?!? And they were trying to keep it out of the media because he actually worked in the media. So yeah, anyone who believes to the core 'their' god wants all non-(insert religion here) dead are very scary.

Originally posted by Solomons
Lets make one thing clear,it is for domestic issues...british law still reigns supreme.It is simply giving muslims some leeway in the courts like jewish law already has in Britain.And the daily mail...who wudda thunk it

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is a video on the Burqa that I think is spot on.

www.youtube.com...

I agree with this guy, the burqa is a slap in the face of western culture. The burqa says, I do not respect your culture or your beliefs, and I will impose my will on you.

Any woman who sees a burqa should know, that is what these Muslim radicals want for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This is where British Law can interveane, when Women come under threat, either from being stoned from people from another country, if they returned to that country:

A Saudi Arabian princess who had an illegitimate child with a British man has been granted asylum in the UK, the Independent newspaper has reported.

It said the married woman was allowed to stay after telling a judge that her affair left her at risk of being stoned to death in her home country.

The Independent says the woman is one of a small number of Saudi Arabian citizens whose asylum claims are not acknowledged publicly by either country's government.

Seemingly she was married to a Saudi Prince.

Source

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by poet1b

so what about Mormons?

you can NOT have more than one wife in the UK... im sorry but this is not the united states of America.

You can, actually. For someone who professes they study Law, I would have thought you'd know this!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

the married woman was allowed to stay after telling a judge

Yep in a REAL court based on the LAW not someones faith

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

No you cant

do not need to argue... this matter take your self the registry office and ask them to marry you twice

see how far you get, then ally for inheritance tax and see how far you get and apply for benefits and see how far you get

You can not legally have more than one wife under the LAW of the united kingdom

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Under Common marriage law you cannot have mutiple wifes:

At present, most jurisdictions will permit marriage only between a man and a woman, and will not permit either to have multiple spouses. A legal marriage can be ended by death, divorce, or annulment.

Prohibited Marriage - almost all jurisdictions restrict who can get married, so as to prevent unions between close relatives. Sometimes these laws also extend to in-laws and step-relatives. Similarly, western jurisdictions prohibit marriage where one spouse is already married - and will hold a marriage invalid even if that spouse mistakenly thought that a prior marriage had been ended by divorce or annulment.

Common Marriage Law

Although I do admit reading from a aticle from2004, there have beenthose who have tried to exploit the law on marriage:

On October 22, 2004 the Associated Press reported, "Thousands of Muslim men in Britain may have exploited a loophole in British law banning multiple marriages by holding religious marriage ceremonies in mosques, Islamic leaders said. Muslim men can contract a 'nikah,' or religious ceremony, in a mosque without going through a civil ceremony, allowing as many as 4,000 men in Britain to have multiple marriages, the leaders said in issuing guidelines warning against the practice. 'We are concerned for the 'women � the second wife or subsequent wives usually find they have no rights if the relationship breaks down,' Mufti Barkatullah, a judge on Britain's Shariah Council, said Friday."

Source

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I cant remember who but someone pointed out that they are muslim AND a black man, what does that have to do with anything? I'm black too (half) and cant stand muslims I think islam is corrupting the minds of the many young black men who choose it as their religion. I have a couple friends who have converted and lets just say I'm not friends with them anymore. Islam has corrupted their minds and souls and turned them into fundamentalists. It disgusts me. In no way has this religion improved their lives. They are all completely miserable people now, its quite sad. I want my friends back, I dont want these hollow shells of humans they have become.

And I just want to point out I dont like ANY religion. But the muslims I know are BY FAR the most extreme!

Anyways just wanted to speak on that.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Each to thier own, I suppose. Everyone is entitled to believe in what ever religion they want to, aslong as they do not try and imposs that religion on others.

It is about respecting each others views, I suppose.

But I do admit there are, those from every religion, whom use that religion, to further thier exreme views on other people. Weither it be Islam, Christinaity, Jewish, They are all guitly off this, notone religon is better than the other.

Off Topic. Is anyone having problems logging into the nw media upload space? Seems I cannot loggin to my members account. Anyone have any ideas why this is?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Each to thier own, I suppose. Everyone is entitled to believe in what ever religion they want to, aslong as they do not try and imposs that religion on others.

I is about respect, I suppose.

But I do admit there are, those from every religion, whom use that religion, to further thier exreme views on other people. Weither it be Islam, Christinaity, Jewish, They are all guitly off this, notone religon is better than the other.

Oh i know that. I have BIG problems with all religion. But the people I have known who became muslims were by far the worst and all preachy and hardcore fundamentalists. They went from non religious normal people to extremists. It really bugs me. We live in a poor neighborhood and they think religion will improve their lives, but it just holds them back more.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Actually, yes you can. If you marry 2, 3 or 4 woman in another country where it is permitted, those wives are ALL recognised as "wives" in the UK under Law.

Look it up...

You might learn something...

EDIT: The qulifying statement is "having more than 1 wife is illegal in the UK", not "getting married more than once in the UK". Two different things champ.

[edit on 20/7/09 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It is illegal to have more than 1 wife in the UK stu you should know this.

The Home Office:

According to a Home Office spokesman, if polygamy is legalised it will allow everyone, not only Muslims, to have more than one spouse. 'You cannot limit legislation to one group,' he said, adding that polygamy or polyandry are unlikely to be made law in the UK. 'Some rights are very broad but will have to be taken into account with existing laws. It will be up to the courts to decide. We are a one-man, one-woman society and this is unlikely to change'.

You cannot allow one group to be allowed to have more than one wife, without allowing other groups to follow suit.

IslamToday

I agree however, if they went to another country, and married it is not illegal. But Could it be illegal if they bring those wifes to this country, and claim benefits for them. This will set a precident, were other cultures or groups will demand the saame rights.

Four departments - the Treasury, the DWP, HM Revenue and Customs, and the Home Office - were involved in the review, which concluded that recognising multiple marriages conducted overseas was 'the best possible' option. In Britain, bigamy is punishable by up to seven years in prison.

I for one will see other groups, jewish, christian demanding the same rights as those which Muslims have under this review. Who will e left to pick up the bill. Us the taxpayer off course.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

and i gave you a star for looking and showing i was correct

Thank you

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

and that is why the issue of Law is for all and not just a group...

we can not have sharia law or any other laws based on faith to over ride the LAW set by the UK..

would be total anarchy let alone crazy..

we do have many faiths and welcome them but you MUST abide by the law like every other person.

Trust me i would be the first to be on the street if ANY crack pot faith based law that would do harm to ANYONE or Injustice.

I can say that, yes the law is not perfect but we can not just go round banning thing like nazis we have to treat all people with the right to pray free and under the law..

if they don't like it? "sorry mods" PISS OFF

I do not plan on living in the 12 century and i am sure many of you do not.

Long live the queen "smirk" hehe

Long live "sane people" more like .. who can get on with each other

[edit on 20-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

no that comes under a different law ... immigration my friend...

they are not entitled to any benefits from the state under OUR laws...and as such is treated as a FAMILY MEMBER

look it up "chap"

The only way you get "marital status and entitlement to such is if you are married under uk law"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

oh and just so you know.. other laws do not apply

we got our OWN for that mate...

and just so you know I AM ENGLISH.

not Scottish not Welsh not northern Ireland... ENGLISH

first and for most

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'll think you'll find that, firstly, immigration falls under the Law and secondly, their wives are entitled to claim benefits. You really should go and do your homework and while Lauruk is sticking up for you, I fear she too has got the wrong end of the stick.

You cannot marry (as in actually perform a marriage) more than one person in the UK, but if you marry in a country where polygamy is allowed, such as Pakistan or Bangladesh, those wives will be recognised for benefit purposes should they then reside with the husband in the UK.

Instead of getting all high and mighty and producing nothing to back yourself up, why not do some research.

www.arabianbusiness.com...

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has issued new guidelines for income support which state: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate... The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently 33.65 pounds ($66.41).

If the family agrees, income support for all of the wives may be paid directly into the husband's bank account. A husband with many wives may also be eligible for additional housing benefit and council tax benefit under the deal agreed by ministers, in order to reflect the larger property needed for his family."

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am not sticking up for system, as you put it, So i really dothink you assummed wrong.

If you check my comments and posting,

I Posted:

I agree however, if they went to another country, and married it is not illegal. But Could it be illegal if they bring those wifes to this country, and claim benefits for them. This will set a precident, were other cultures or groups will demand the saame rights.

I agreed with you that is is not illegal for Men to go abroad to Marry and then bring those wifes back to the UK. I willadmit though, it seems it is not illegal to bring those wives back to the UK, and claim beneits for them. How conveniant, the husband profits from this.

This should be made illegal, it is the taxpayer would be the one who has to pick up the tab for these men marrying so many females, which I think is wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

That is one of the most racist responses I have ever read on these pages.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join