It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Like hell in I wont have a choice. Sharia laws does not affect me. And I would be making damm sure it did not affect me. I do not think the females off this country fought for eqal rights, just for them tobe eroded by those who want to put us females under control. They want a war they will get one if any one tries an order us females around.

I am not getting into this race/religion thing. Quite frankly I am sick an tired of it. One thing I will continue to stand up for, and that is my right to be as equal as any male inthis country, no matter what race, religion they are.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Oh it is fine, I know you were joking, just some are taking this thread too far. Threatning someone with the police over an opinion is childish. Just because some do not ge thier own way. It works both ways. If you cannot deal with a opinion that differs from yours then some members maybe should walk away from the thread. That is all I am saying. If anyone trys to flame me for it, so be it. I do not care.

And btw, if you like cake I do bake beautiful Fairy Cakes or Muffins so I have been told. Well my children tell me I do

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
Mason... I'd point out that multiculturalism and mass-immigration has been part of this same campaign you allude to, to destabilise the UK. I don't mean this is a racial issue, or to say that 'minorities' themselves are hostile in any way, just that if you acknowledge the deliberate undermining of family and education, you should also acknowledge multiculturalism as part of that same insidious process by the elites.

You speak the truth people do not want to face. Although I am a little surprised you didn't include "Feminism" in the same sentence as "undermining family and education"

Britain is your home, fine. You seem largely to be an intelligent, hard-working asset to the country. I will not side with any kind of 'ethnic cleansing' policy. However, if you believe Britain should not remain predominantly British in both culture and ethnicity, then I will have no choice but to fundamentally disagree with your ideology. To say that Britain should not remain predominantly British is to say that no ancient culture in the world deserves to be preserved. I don't like that kind of 'new world' post-traditional thinking.

There is nothing hateful or racist in what you are saying. You simply want the identity and character of your country to stay as it has always been. I can agree with this and it has nothing to do with wanting to get rid of certain minorities or ethnic cleansing.

It is a rather simple solution actually. If I want to go live in a country such as Iran, I should make a commitment to preserve and uphold the values of Iran before I settle there. If I go there, do things that are against its laws and values, I am trying to impose my own needs on a majority and will deride that which defines Iran. If I then invite my fellow Swedish friends to come live in my community and encourage them to do things that are a danger to the preservation of Iranian culture and authority, there will be trouble.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
You speak the truth people do not want to face. Although I am a little surprised you didn't include "Feminism" in the same sentence as "undermining family and education"

Thank you. I just don't understand how such a view has become so synomynous with evil... oh wait, I do. It's part of the social conditioning by those who wish to create a self-governing mass of rootless slaves
. You're right that feminism is part of the same thing, but when you say that, people assume you are a chauvinist. Women should, and have throughout most of history, had equal rights to men. The problem arose when women were deliberately convinced that they should all refuse to play the role of mother. Men and women are absolutely equal, but play different roles in the creation of a family.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Today I am going to dedicate a moment of silence to my forefathers who had the gumption to put an ocean between us and the hell hole Europe. Nothing personal to British people, but in spite of it's weaknesses I'll take America any day.

I know we have a problem with illegal mexicans and looking the other way but I doubt we'll ever let them set up court.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
And btw, if you like cake I do bake beautiful Fairy Cakes or Muffins so I have been told. Well my children tell me I do

Marry me?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Like hell in I wont have a choice. Sharia laws does not affect me. And I would be making damm sure it did not affect me.

I admire your spirit. However, the women of similar spirit who live under Sharia law in other countries have had it beat out of them .. literally. As I said, they are outbreeding us. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
No equivalent western country in Europe treats its own people as wretchedly as the UK. Both the family unit has been destroyed and the education system undermined.

Mason... I'd point out that multiculturalism and mass-immigration has been part of this same campaign you allude to, to destabilise the UK. I don't mean this is a racial issue, or to say that 'minorities' themselves are hostile in any way, just that if you acknowledge the deliberate undermining of family and education, you should also acknowledge multiculturalism as part of that same insidious process by the elites.

The problem is far more fundamental than that. There is nothing wrong with multiculturalism and is a way of treating people fairly and informing British people of a larger world. It is an antidote to a colonialist mentality. Until Afghanistan and Iraq, the UK was one of the most respected countries in the world. Foreign countries preferred to open their businesses and factories here because of this perception.

Society has been attacked in the household with the relationship between husband and wife disentangled, that of parent and child undermined and traditional roles made ambiguous. We are talking about a fractured society.

The concerns of race and religion is a contrivance due to the allocations of resources at council level; different communities are competing from the same pot. With the war on terror certain instincts and paranoia are being stroked by those with an agenda and a bent Labour party that have nearly bankrupted the country.

Britain is your home, fine. You seem largely to be an intelligent, hard-working asset to the country. I will not side with any kind of 'ethnic cleansing' policy. However, if you believe Britain should not remain predominantly British in both culture and ethnicity, then I will have no choice but to fundamentally disagree with your ideology. To say that Britain should not remain predominantly British is to say that no ancient culture in the world deserves to be preserved. I don't like that kind of 'new world' post-traditional thinking.

You really have to explain to me what you mean by a 'British culture'. On an earlier comment to you I referred to some elements that does not seemed to have registered.

Ethic minorities make up 5% of the population so what is this diminishing white population are you talking about? Maybe you are referring to 100 years from now? 100 years from now you and I might be jumping into the back of a lorry trying to smuggle ourselves into China for work.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Today I am going to dedicate a moment of silence to my forefathers who had the gumption to put an ocean between us and the hell hole Europe. Nothing personal to British people, but in spite of it's weaknesses I'll take America any day.

I know we have a problem with illegal mexicans and looking the other way but I doubt we'll ever let them set up court.

Yes but if you had our versions of rightwingers they would be calling AfroAmericans and people of other religious denominations foreigners that ought to be deported.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Thank you. I just don't understand how such a view has become so synomynous with evil... oh wait, I do. It's part of the social conditioning by those who wish to create a self-governing mass of rootless slaves
. You're right that feminism is part of the same thing, but when you say that, people assume you are a chauvinist. Women should, and have throughout most of history, had equal rights to men. The problem arose when women were deliberately convinced that they should all refuse to play the role of mother. Men and women are absolutely equal, but play different roles in the creation of a family.

Early feminism was just. It allowed women the right of divorce, an education and equality before the law. Subsequently, it has been hijacked by corporations that wanted a larger labour force to depress wages. A bread earner in the 1950s could maintain a mortgage in the suburbs, grow a family and the married wife would run the home.

Today that choice is impossible and has contributed to family break down. Now feminism has moved its gaze to young women and encourages them to copying the worst of young male behaviour.

Feminism is being exploited by vested interests and is exploiting women to that end. Big difference between equal rights and being poor copies of men.

[edit on 123131p://pm3106 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Apparently it is you that is crying a river with your fully formed opinion on the rights of people in this country based on their religion or on their colour. Either you have a reading comprehension problem or your malformed response is a consequence of having not read the preceding comments.

Really? Where in my post did I apparently have any opinions on the rights of people based upon their colour or religion?

Answer: I didn't. Again, as has been seen many times in this thread alone, you are attempting to twist and deform what people say to suit your agenda.

Not this time chum. My words are clear for all to read.

The person you are sticking up for was specific in stating that he voted for the BNP, thinks that England should be for the 'ethnically English' when the thread referred to issues of religion. In turn I said that I am black and Muslim, a double whammy for a BNP voter. His response was that I should be deported out of my country. This is a racial attack and highly illegal in the UK.

Hate to burst your "black, muslim and proud bubble", matey, but saying such things isn't actually illegal. He hasn't incited any violence by making a statement, nor has he used any racist language, so he is free to make it.

You may find it repugnant and I personally do not wish people to be deported based upon their colour, but I'll defend his right to say it.

So would you care to make a similar statement? One more statement like that from a UK resident and I guarantee you, it will be a police matter. This is is the law of the land, you don't like it take up with your local BNP representatives.

Go learn the Law and stop jumping about pretending as if you do. Not one illegal statement was uttered and I think you know it, you're just using board drama to highlight your "plight"...

While you fight for your rights to freely offend people in any which way you want, I will stick up for my rights to not be racially abused in any way. Do you understand?

Provided there isn't any derogatory, racist language and there is no calls to kill or harm anyone, it isn't illegal. Like I said before, I may not agree with his views, but he is entitled to them and I will defend his right to say them.

What the hell is a MOWO ceremony? Could be that you are referring to the MoBo Awards? Are you trying to prescribe the kind of music to me that you presume black people listen to? Can you tell one black person from another or do you think we all look the same?

And you thought I had a "reading comprehension problem" or maybe "your malformed response is a consequence of having not read the preceding comments properly"...

I love irony.

What I was alluding to (and which is plain as day) is I'd bet you would have a fit if there was a MOWO award or a White Police Association, even though I reckon you wholeheartedly support the idea of the MOBO or Black Police Association.

And yes St. George was black as in Hamite, but let's not split hairs we all like the 'MOWO' ceremonies afterall.

Dude... Semittic people are caucasion! Go read a book. And again, you fail in the "reading comprehension" test..

You do realise Semites are a rainbow people ranging from white to black as in Sudanese people. And St. George was a Palestinian. The patron St. of England is a dark skinned man!

They're only dark skinned due to the sun. Semites are Caucasion, like it or lump it, it's the truth.

You know what, I am going to search the net for a T shirt with a black St. George in an Afro.

Go ahead, doesn't change anything. I've got T-shirts with various outlandish logo's and motifs on, doesn't make it a fact.

Finally, this is my country whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Do you not see the irony, here we are arguing over my human rights than these same bigots who are intolerant of ethnic minorities scratch their heads over why ethnic minorities are disloyal to this country.

The reason I have picked up the standard against you is because you seem to think anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot/racist and you wish to silence their opinion. I have never once, not bloody once, tried to deny you any rights and don;t dare to try and paint it otherwise.

Have you been abroad, have you seen how a lot of white English people behave?

Lived 2 years in Ireland, lived 5 years in Germany, what's your point?

As for your "have you seen how a lot of white English people behave?", what a bigotted post generalising white people coming from aman who cry's and threatens legal action when faced with the same.. Laying on the irony bloody thick here mate!

In a few resorts, some British folk (be they black, white, scots or english, whatever) do make a bad name for us all. This is quite often the fault of the resorts themselves selling cheap booze by the gallon and actively encouraging the things that happen there.

We aren't alone in the world with having a few repugnant idiots give the rest of us a bad name, are we?

After all, muslims have been getting a bashing for a while due to the actions of a few idiots, but you wouldn't like it if I lumped you in with them, would you?

If I said "have you seen how all the black youths behave. They stab each other all the time and are violent", and generalised ALL blacks with that statement, you'd be up in arms! Stop being such a hypocrite. You can't cry about racism when it is pouring forth from you as well.

This country is being shamed and humiliated daily yet you have time to dwell upon and formulate poisonous thoughts about other people's perspectives.

Is it? Is it really? How is this country being shamed and humiliated?

I do note that some white English folk inflate with pride at the heritage of the British Empire as if they had something to do with it. Well baby, I am a legacy of the British Empire; the chickens have come home to roost.

Am I not allowed to be proud of my heritage? You, after all, had nothing to do with any of your "african" roots, but you're proud of them! Hypocirte again.

This country is knackered because small petty people like you.

Name calling now? It might not be illegal, but it sure is against the T&C's of this site.. where is that "alert" button..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Really? Where in my post did I apparently have any opinions on the rights of people based upon their colour or religion? Answer: I didn't. Again, as has been seen many times in this thread alone, you are attempting to twist and deform what people say to suit your agenda.

Not this time chum. My words are clear for all to read.

Firstly Stumason we agree on most other subjects and I have no interest in creating animosity between us. I also do not really care to go back over the copious comments on this thread to find what you said. Unless I mistakenly attributed to you a point by another I would have referred to a comment you made quite accurately.

Hate to burst your "black, muslim and proud bubble", matey, but saying such things isn't actually illegal. He hasn't incited any violence by making a statement, nor has he used any racist language, so he is free to make it.

You may find it repugnant and I personally do not wish people to be deported based upon their colour, but I'll defend his right to say it.

You are developing a habit of comprehensively nitpicking comments I make and using it out of context for your responses. I'll give you an example, the commenter addressing the thread in its original subject was making horrendous and xenophobic statements about citizens of this country on the basis of spun news items from the other side of the world. Consequently I put to him that I am Muslim, black and proud. You might say I am a veritable smorgasbord for your average bigot. I also threw in the issue of pride to suggest stridency in the face of the aforementioned bigotry. You made your subsequent comment of my words separate to what I was responding to.

I am of the view that all human beings are the same and motivated by the same desires and fears, so I do not presuppose any sense of superiority on my part just because I am. I will allow myself moments of pride for what I do though. Further still, I also said that I celebrate the best of Britain like the literature, the great cannons such as Isaac Newton, craftsmanship, bravery, etc to which the xenophobe said that he desired the celebration of English culture by Englishmen only otherwise the ethnics will dilute it. This I see as delusional and evidence of a profound racist. It is a bit like you winning a gold medal for England in the Olympics and you turning around to me to say, "Don't say YEAHHH!!!". Weird huh?

Go learn the Law and stop jumping about pretending as if you do. Not one illegal statement was uttered and I think you know it, you're just using board drama to highlight your "plight"...

Provided there isn't any derogatory, racist language and there is no calls to kill or harm anyone, it isn't illegal. Like I said before, I may not agree with his views, but he is entitled to them and I will defend his right to say them.

I am no expert in law but know that in the context of the discussion I have had of which you where not party was a response to both racist and bigoted statements. You don't need to use the 'N' word to be classified a racist, but saying you want an individual be deported on the basis of their race a lone is a racist statement and illegal. It not the same, in the legal sense, as saying ethnic minorities should not be in England and should be deported. One is specific and the other general. In fact targeting an individual in this manner might even be considered an act of incitement, otherwise the opiner wouldn't have made the comment.

Your reference to 'plight' suggest an intolerance of the complaints of those who have been discriminated against. While I do believe you are not a racist, racism is very real in the UK and often very discrete. Most done erupt at every slight but it does set an atmosphere.

There have been a number of programmes on tv with journalists and celebrities disguised as black with elaborate make up and set loose in public. Their experiences were invariably described as harrowing, shocking with comments that they were ambushed with reaction of contempt and hostility from the most unsuspecting people. If I can find these programmes, it would be worth posting here not to cause offence but to open eyes. You see, most people are not racists but every one in ten or twenty bigot stays in your memory. I have a thick skin and nothing much rattles me.

And you thought I had a "reading comprehension problem" or maybe "your malformed response is a consequence of having not read the preceding comments properly"...

I love irony.

What I was alluding to (and which is plain as day) is I'd bet you would have a fit if there was a MOWO award or a White Police Association, even though I reckon you wholeheartedly support the idea of the MOBO or Black Police Association.

Your point still escapes me and I don't know what MOWO is unless it is the sound a posh cow makes. If you are referencing the MoBo awards as being racist, that is an extreme view. It is a recognition of the achievement of black artists in an overwhelming white industry in the UK. Usually black artists that receive this award graduate into mainstream and enter very white music industry to jokey for number one with the likes of Jamie Cullum, Lily Allen, Emma Bunton and even boy bands all manufactured by record executives or familial relations in the industry.

And yes St. George was black as in Hamite, but let's not split hairs we all like the 'MOWO' ceremonies afterall. Dude... Semittic people are caucasion! Go read a book. And again, you fail in the "reading comprehension" test..

Actually you are sadly inaccurate and I think it is an attempt to stretch a point to win an argument. Semite or Semitic refers to a group of languages that has developed according to the regional interaction of a group of people. It is this regional interaction that allows a loose interchange of race and culture.

More specifically Arabs are made up of an infusion of races that goes back at least 20,000 that has developed into a distinct culture and language. Races that are precursors to the modern Semite are the Lower and Upper Egyptians consisting of Hamites of the Upper Nile, pharaonic Lower Nile, Hittites, Philistines, Canaanite, the ancient Israelites, Nabataeans, Kurds, East African Hamites etc. and most interestingly and latest, the Mamluks, the indentured European whites contracted to serve in Caliphate armies.

I suggest you check out Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 38, Vol. 39 (1918-19).

It is short and informative. I can find volume 39 but not 38 on the net;

www.jstor.org...

I am a bit to tired to respond to all your points so I will stop here.

[edit on 063131p://pm3123 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Indeed, there shouldn't be any animosity between us as we have actually agreed on most topics previously. I have no issue with people of other races, but I felt your attitude was somewhat flippant towards the English and our genuine feelings when it comes to how we are portrayed and treated, most noticeably with the suppressing of the traditional English culture and favouring of alien cultures.

I personally feel that religious courts have no place in the UK. It is a slippery slope, if you ask me. Be the Jewish or Muslim or whatever, everyone should abide by the same laws, irregardless of wether these religious courts are "voluntary" or not. Lets not go down the path how "voluntary" they are where women are concerned.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Early feminism was just. It allowed women the right of divorce, an education and equality before the law. Subsequently, it has been hijacked by corporations that wanted a larger labour force to depress wages. A bread earner in the 1950s could maintain a mortgage in the suburbs, grow a family and the married wife would run the home.

When the men returned from WW11, the government of the day encouraged women, who had been conscripted to fill the job vacancies in industry, agriculture and civil services, to vacate their jobs and return to hearth and home so that the returning hero's could take their jobs back.

This trend continued throughout the fifties. Television ownership was becoming more widespread and the marketing people exploited the fantasy of the perfect family, dad at work, mum at home 2.4 children doing their homework. In fact this ideal that so many claim and aspire to as 'traditional family values', is just that, a fantasy.

This marketing lead to an increase in demand for consumer goods, and with only the men working,production could not keep up with demand. the government instituted the 'twilight' or 'housewives' shift, ie 4 or 5pm to 9 or 10, and many women went to work on the production lines to make their 'pin money'.

Today that choice is impossible and has contributed to family break down.

Then in the 1960's, easy access to the birth control pill as well as improvements to access to higher education for women, contributed in no small way to increased choice for women.

Men were having their cake and eating it; the 'shotgun' wedding largely became a thing of the past, with the result that men could easily abdicate filial responsibility.

It is not impossible for any couple to adopt the 'traditional' family strata. They just need that bigger house, those extra holidays; they need to 'live the dream' sold to them by the corpy marketeers.

Feminism is being exploited by vested interests and is exploiting women to that end. Big difference between equal rights and being poor copies of men.

In your opinion, who is exploiting feminism?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

well said

star

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Oh yeah, you think highly of British culture.

Basically Britain has always had a redoubt of people who can not wipe their backsides. Now they are being mobilised to celebrate their 'Englishness' when they should be fighting a class war.

No equivalent western country in Europe treats its own people as wretchedly as the UK.

You don't think your comments here sounds racist?

It seems to me that you are the one who doesn't know how to wipe his backside.

Have you ever lived for any significant amount of time, like a couple of years, in a Muslim controlled country like Saudi Arabia or Iran? Why don't you try doing just that, and then maybe you might re-consider who does or does not know how to wipe their backsides.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Yeah & what are we fighting for?

We are fighting for protect the rights of girls to go to school without death threats, and to be able to go outside without being covered from head to toe in a burqa in order to avoid being gang raped. These threats are not only being made, they are being fulfilled by radical Muslims around the world. This is something worth fighting about.

We are fighting people who think they have the right to censor our freedom of speech by ordering assassins to kill people who say things that they don't like.

We are fighting to destroy a movement that aims to conquer the world and force them to accept Islam as their religion.

You don't see freedom as a worthy cause to fight for?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

are they not laws that are above man? but yet man makes his own in order to try to understand his own being?

WOW This is the kind of ignorant statement that is exactly why Islam is finding itself unwanted in this world.

Muslims pray daily facing Mecca, birthplace of Mohammad's religion, that Mohammad is the prophet of God. Suckered by the belief that one man, and only that man, knows the higher law above man, so that man gets to write the laws is the reason so many are still waging war against the rest of humanity well over a thousand years later.

No single man has any better access to God, and the laws above man, than all other men. When you come to understand this, only then can you begin to understand what it means to be free.

No court of any kind based upon religious beliefs should ever be recognized by a just nation of free men.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

You've said that a few times: can you post any evidence to support your claims?

Once Again

WOW

How much more evidence do you need? After your reply to the quote of the post I linked to earlier describing how Muslim boys treat non-Muslim girls in school after Muslims become the majority, how can you claim there is no evidence?

If you want evidence google "honor killings", google "school girls killed Taliban"

On the third page of this thread a poster clearly described this scene in schools in Europe where Muslims become the majority. Muslim boys begin harassing non-Muslim girls for how they dress.

These fathers who teach their sons these sexist attitudes are clearly attempting "to impose Sharia upon us all, by any means necessary" as Freeborn states. I know you read this because you responded to my post pointing this out, and yet you continue to deny that this is going on.

Clearly you choose to see only what you want to see.

My question is, do you choose to be ignorant of these things because you think humans are incapable of such behavior, or because your religion told you these things should be ignored?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Big difference between equal rights and being poor copies of men.

WOW again.

"Poor copies of men"? Could you make a comment that is more sexist?

Oh, I understand what you are saying about feminism, but it is a very shallow observation of the situation.

In our current modern state of humanity, the ability to survive and thrive in modern nations no longer depends on the strength of ones back and arms, as it has throughout most of human history, giving men the advantage. Now much of success is about one's ability to communicate and manipulate, and on this front women are clearly mens' equals if not superiors.

This is changing humanity in ways that it has never dealt with before, but that is another subject.

Girls certainly are not imitating boys when they behave badly, at least not here in the U.S.. Modern women are finding their own ways to misbehave.

Yes, the PTB are using feminism against the masses, but they did not create feminism. The biggest problem here is that in cases of divorce, courts in Western nations are very biased against men and for women when it comes to dividing property and custody of children. It is the bias of the courts that is destroying families, not feminism.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join