It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me shed creative block lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
well i have been out of the writing phase for quite some time, i havnt contributed alot over the last year but i have been lurking away but now i am ready to start contributing again now that i have alot more time and ready to get back into it all my only problem is major writers block haha, everything i have a little knowledge of has been done to death here and wanted to write up either a tinwiki or main board articles again but stuck on what to write about any ideas? suggestions would be gr8 guys to get the creative juices flowing again lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm a screenwriter and I use this program.

celtx.com...

I just create a couple of interesting characters and start writing dialog.

My characters are created from people I know or perhaps someone I see/hear on the street. Snippets of eavesdropped conversation is a good starting point for me.

My problem isn't blockage but motivation.

Bless your heart and good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'd recommend checking out the TinWIKI list of requested articles. That ought to at least give you a jump-start.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
yea looking at the list now, trying to remember my way around tinwiki again haha,

thank you

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Spam removed

[edit on 29/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have a target of 500 words a day, there used to be a time when id do thousands, but quality of writings would rise and fall and it became a chore i didnt enjoy. Plus id need to rewrite much of it, only going for 500 words a day keeps quality high throughout and most of the time i get close to a thousand done each day. Writing less means i get more done cause it doesnt need rewriting.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have a character I created, an old man with alzhimers who sits on the end of a pier with a fishing pole telling odd stories to the people who walk by. Of course none of it makes sense and its not really supposed too, but it does add some grease to the gears of my mind when i need it..

Maybe one day ill apply for writers status and share

~meathead

new topics

top topics

join