It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformers and Eagle Eye movies a US military propaganda??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I just watched the Transformers 2 film. Noticed the the many interesting parallels between that film and Eagle Eye. There's so much similarities, to think that those movies are sequels to each other. I'm finding myself laughing alone for seemingly no reason at all!

You'll also notice, the apparent showcase of advanced US military technology in all its 'effectiveness'. Looks so cool doesn't it? Make me want to say YES, to the next call drafting me in! Good thing I'm not on US soil anymore

I also have the OST's of both movies. Even the musical scores are very inspiring!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
On a semi-related note, before Eagle Eye came out, Shia Lebeouf was on the tonight show with Jay Leno promoting it, and he brought up cia wiretapping. Apparently he did it on other shows too, but I didn't see those.

I made a thread about it a while back...
"One of the things he says is that an fbi consultant (for the movie) told him that one in five calls you make is recorded, and that he played back a normal conversation from two years prior, and jay seems a little baffled by it"
www.youtube.com...

Ties in with the whole 'right in front of our faces' aspect of it all.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
what in Transformers 2 spoke to wiretapping?

share any specifics?

haven't seen it but i dont care if you say spoilers.. i'm all ears.

-

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by alaskan
...before Eagle Eye came out, Shia Lebeouf was on the tonight show with Jay Leno promoting it, and he brought up cia wiretapping.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

share any specifics?

haven't seen it but i dont care if you say spoilers.. i'm all ears.

-

There were two scenes in the part 2 of the film where the Decepticons used a US Military satellite to tap into people's communications between cellphones. Another scene where Shia mentioned to his new friend, that they can be monitored and traced via cellphones, while breaking the cellphone to pieces.

Similar lines where mentioned in the beginning of the film Eagle Eye where the FBI can monitor you through your cellphones even if it is turned off, unless you took the battery off.

This is also what I meant by 'Advanced military technology'

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

You've got to watch those transformers, there's more to them than meets the eye you know.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
what kind of freaked me out in Transformers 2 was the scene where they had Air France in one of the scenes. Wasnt this movie made before that?
Unless they slipped that scene in at the last minute to make people go "WTF"? weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Cool, I was actually going to mention this in a post after I saw the the last transformers except I forgot..

What I noticed is how much pro military, pro west, pro US and pro UK incidents were in it.. almost blatant "product placement" and propaganda - It was especially weird how, for the first time in any modern movie, US allies were given any mention.. as if trying to show a tightness between the US and UK.

There were even sections of the movie where I noticed US flags with EU stars in the blue bit.

And I wasn't looking out for this stuff, It was so obvious, it nearly ruined the movie for me

Finally, This will actually really annoy some people - I flicked on one of the movie channels recently and there happened to be an interview with Shia le Beuf (or however you spell it) and he said.. A huge emphasis was put on the military in this film because they wanted to be able to use the equipment and in order to do so, the US and UK military wanted the film to make being in the army cool.. because after these types of films, the number of recruits jumps.

So basically the US and UK armies pushed for the film to glorify 'being in the army' in order to get more recruits..

Twisted..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Haven't people learned since Orson Well's 'War Of The Worlds' broadcast and the ensuing debacle?

Apparently not!

So much for evolution!

IRM

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I didn't notice the EU flag actually, great find!

Oh one more thing, the conflict in those films, including Eagle Eye revolved around Middle East. Preparing the recruits that MidEast fighting is cool?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Movies are a funny medium. People believe what they see and hear in movies, yet at the same time understand that they are entertainment and made up in the imagination of the writer and director. It's contradictory but no doubt TPTB noticed this and so I'd say you are right OP. Best way to let the public know how "normal" it is for our phone calls to be tapped is to have the "fact" mentioned in a few Hollywood movies every so often. People will believe it, but at the same time will say "but it's not real it is just a movie".

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the rail gun shown in the movie. Supposedly the real rail gun was test fired once and it was a complete flop due to overheating, but would be interesting if A) that was a lie in order to help keep a secret weapon secret, or B) they have modified the heat sinks to help with the overheating problem.

Either way I am surprised that the military would let that into the film and allow it to come that it is top secret.

If it was discarded as useless technology due to overheating, allowing it to come up in a movie could be the intention to make other countries think the US has such a weapon at their disposal to use against aggressive enemies to keep them at bay, but this could backfire as well making these countries more aggressive.

If the US did not discard this technology and it has been keep secret, why allow it into the public eye in a movie unless for the same reasons as I have described above.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Transformers and Eagle Eye movies a US military propaganda??

Um... DUH!!

You people must be new to planet hollywood.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the rail gun shown in the movie.

Because it hardly looked like one. I initially thought it was transformer tech back-engineered from Megatron, lol!

Real life rail guns are somewhat closed for the sake of integrity I assume, because of enormous electromagnetic repelling forces and to keep the projectile not flying off up or down... The plasma produced was yellowish white. Unlike in the movie where it glowed bluish white.

The biggest problem with rail guns is the enormous wear and tear associated with use. Future developments included the possibility of using superconductors. Maybe the one used in the movie is such!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ahnggk]

top topics

join