It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian scientists kill cancer cells with "Trojan Horse" (Reuters)- Cure Found?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bouble, but this 'cure for cancer' is not more effective than any other treatment.

The problem with cancers has always been to directly target the cancer cells, *not* finding a method to kill them - We have hundreds of those!

The reason they can get a 100% survival rate in the mouse, and destroying all the cancer cells, is because they work with a annotated cancer type, where they have known cancer-specific cell markers. The latter is the whole issue with cancers - We just don't know of specific markers for all of the thousand of cancer types in existance.

Regarding the method itself, it is quite smart, but again, without cell markers...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There is one massive problem here.

They are still using dangerous chemicals, and then injecting these into the bodies of patients. I don't care if they are acheiving a 100% survival rate in the mice. What does bother me is what happens to those chemicals after their job is done?

Well, the simple answer is your normal healthy body has to deal with and dispose those chemicals. Causing problems in the mean time.

We should be concentrating and working out how and why other people have had much better results at overcoming cancer without the need to have huge amounts of toxic waste pumped into their bodies!

There are many examples of people that have beaten cancer naturally, and this is what we should focus on...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I disagree with the belief that Big Pharma will not allow a cure for cancer.
A cure can be very profitable, a cure allows people to live longer and be treated for many othe infirmitys. A cure is much better than a prevention from a profit perspective.

And a universal cure would mean cornering the market for one lucky company.

They could charge what they want to charge for it. Much of the profit from treating cancer does not currently go to Big Pharma, it goes to hospitals and doctors, Big Pharma will probably get a bigger slice of the pie, once treatment becomes a series of shots.

The the focus would change to testing, eveyone would want lots of testing, so they could get the shots and never get a serious case of cancer.

And there would be lots of tests, oodles of them, one for every type of cancer. And everyone would want to get them, instead of dreading getting them because they might be positive.

These are amazing times, once there are cures for cancer, then they can freely increase the cancer rate with industrial chemicals and sloppy disposal and really clean up, so to speak!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

I have to basically agree with Flatwoods, although we may have some disagreements in the details...

Society is just not responsible enough to be saving so many thousands of lives. Until people stop mindlessly breeding, and start living more intentional(for lack of a better word) lifestyles, then you probably won't see any cures for any major diseases....just more major diseases...

And you all though the NWO were the bad guys. By never curing anything, they save you from you....

On a side note: I saw a documentary in australia when i was there about an aussie actor who had to get gastro bypass, which effectively cures diabetes. It worked on him, and a little known fact is that it works on something like 8 of ten patients. It actually cures the body of diabetes.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't know how this one slipped past the AMA, NCI and American Cancer Society before being publicized, but don't worry, just like Royal Rife's frequency devices that cured every cancer, it'll never see the light of day.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is great, for those that are interested I have posted the technical article for it below:

rapidshare.com...

I hope this is researched more.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the Mexican guy who found a cure for aids by injecting silver into the blood stream a few years ago? anyone remember the guy?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
Just imagine for a moment what the world would be like if cancer were cured. Millions - possibly billions - of people who would otherwise die wouldn't, and the worldwide population would skyrocket. You'd see people living well past 100 years, maybe to 150, 200, and beyond. New and severe limits to human reproduction would have to be brutally enforced - the population control policies of China would seem mild by comparison.

What is most horrifying is that while cancer would no longer exist, most of the other ailments and difficulties of old age would. An enormous amount of mankind's resources, time, and energy would have to be devoted to caring for the increasing multitudes of elderly who, without cancer, would continue to breathe. I say breathe because, with bodies so emaciated and frail, you wouldn't call them living.

If you think about it, a cure for cancer may turn out to be the cruelest invention ever devised.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Flatwoods]

Thing is Cancer isnt the only thing that kills humans everyday... old age kills, its an assured static fact in every humans life, you dont live for ever even the oldest and bodily healthy humans on the planet just one day no longer wake up after going to bed one night, its not like cancer is the sole cause of death in old people.

As for old people being frail in their latter years, thats entirely their own fault for the most part. Ive seen 90 year old's with the limberness of a gymnast and sharp minds of a person half their age. As some old woman once said on a TV show about the subject "Eat well and dont stop moving, you stop moving and you'll eventually never get up".

People would still grow old and maybe live a good decade or two longer on average with a cancer cure, but eventually your clock runs out, no matter how fit and healthy you are at the time. If anything with a change in attitude to health and a cure for cancer, old people might actually be able to claim those years back again as the golden years rather than having the boogey man of cancer over their head and living the last decade of their lives in pain and jacked up on meds for something that will typically kill em eventually no matter what steps they take to stave it off.

Dont see anything coming out from this though, since its all controlled for profit as others have mentioned.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour in 2002. At the time i was hoping advances in medicine would advance in time to save my life. I'm still here and still waiting. Ive had loads of chemo therapy and taken lots of nasty drugs just to keep me alive. Im always interested in reading about new cures, but never build my hopes up.

I do however have medical marijuana. It's meant to slow the growth of my specific tumour type. Whether it has worked is obviously difficult to measure, but I'm still here 7 years after diagnosis.

Of course the medical marijuana has it's own side effects, which i can handle pretty well

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLife
Can it kill all kinds of cancer? Would human cancer even kill a mouse?

Anyway, it SOUNDS good. Maybe, just maybe, it will be true and the people will be able to get it. And it will be easy to make and treat to somebody so it wont be too expensive.
If they dont release it. Maybe one good doctor will some how get some of it, find out how to replicate it, and be a roaming doctor who treats patients with cancer.
Or open his own little business to treat cancer people.

Now we just need a way to cure diarrhea. Since it is more responible for more deaths then AIDS!!!

-Shadow

I was watching the Discovery Channel the other day and they were talking about the mouse who can grown a human ear. They said that mice are perfect to test human things out on because of their DNA.

So, to answer your question, yeah, human cancer cells would be perfectly tested on in mice.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
hey awesome find,

This really advances our future of discoveries in the field of science.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here's a link to a very interesting new technology that directly targets cancer cells - the NanoKnife.

The leading in-human user of this new technology is in Australia, at this hospital.

www.alfredradiology.org.au...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So I can continue smoking tobacco because if I get cancer it can be healed?
Australia has done it again!
Vegemite, the clothesline, the lawn mower, and now a cure for cancer.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Yeah, keep smoking, but leave Russell Crowe and the Finns out of it - oh, and our racehorses.

Just kidding, but I really hope this works.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is promising news. But how often do we here of possible breakthroughs or cures for various diseases that end up never seeing the light of day? Eg a cousin of mine has Type 1 Diabetes, for the Aussies here you may remember a show on the ABC called Quantum? His story appeared on that show. He was the first person to be given a new treatment that was viewed as a possible breakthrough in the fight to cure diabetes, well, 20 years later we're still waiting for a breakthrough!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I just realized something after reading all the responses- we've all lost hope. Cancer cures? Big Pharma will eat it. Oil replacement solutions? Big Oil ate them. Anything that could actually advance the human race and make life livable for everyone gets dragged under by the rich, the elite- and nothing's left for anyone else. So honestly- who's going to care if some scientist finds a way to cure everything, or someone finds an inexhaustible power source... It'll be taken, they will either be discredited or killed, and we'll be living in the dark ages while those with gold and power live it up.

I love living on this planet. Not.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Thats a rather blunt and uninformed view.. there are many ways for life in elder years to be vigorous and energetic, its our diet and life style that is perpetuated by the mainstream ideal of "the good life" that leads to lethargy and illness. We all need to begin looking after our selfs in ways outside of the norm.. Ty Bollinger has been curing cancer for years yet is still slandered by the big pharma's and ignored by everyday medical media..
This earth and its people can sustain billions more people if we only look for a way rather than a dollar..

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Astounding news. This could open up a whole new speciality in medicine.
This thread gets a flag,star, and a bump

And you think the great FDA would approve this?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

great find ! star and flag !
buuut as it was said in an other post, i bet this will be buried and the cure stored in a vault, no money in curing sickness, only hold it stable with pills and expensive treatment

but ANYWAY! lets hope! and maybe the human race will change in the near future!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
Just imagine for a moment what the world would be like if cancer were cured. Millions - possibly billions - of people who would otherwise die wouldn't, and the worldwide population would skyrocket. You'd see people living well past 100 years, maybe to 150, 200, and beyond. New and severe limits to human reproduction would have to be brutally enforced - the population control policies of China would seem mild by comparison.

What is most horrifying is that while cancer would no longer exist, most of the other ailments and difficulties of old age would. An enormous amount of mankind's resources, time, and energy would have to be devoted to caring for the increasing multitudes of elderly who, without cancer, would continue to breathe. I say breathe because, with bodies so emaciated and frail, you wouldn't call them living.

If you think about it, a cure for cancer may turn out to be the cruelest invention ever devised.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Flatwoods]

Probably the truest observation yet in this thread. But take heart, Mother Nature has the answer: when human population finally outruns the resources, (and it will), famine will rear her ugly head, and we will have population control whether we want it or not. The world is one bad crop year from Mother's best act: re-balance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join