It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ubiquitous Matrix of Lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Increasingly, words don't mean anything. In politics, campaigning candidates make statements that flatly contradict their actions and policies, and no one seems to object or even care. It is not the routine dissembling of political figures that is striking, but rather our near-complete indifference to it.

We are as well almost completely inured to the vacuity of advertising copy, the words of which increasingly mean nothing at all to the reader. Does anyone really believe that GE "brings good things to life?"

Source Link: www.realitysandwich.com...

I enjoyed this honest thread unravalling some of the things we see as a matix as we become more aware of the things that aren't what they seem.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Capitalism most often manifests itself as the exploitation of others.

Need I say more? You wonder why there are lies everywhere? It's because in "the free market," it's okay to make crap up about your products.

There are some exceptions, like what prescription drugs claim to treat, and that's a good thing. By in large, though, they can lie through their teeth -- and often unassuming consumers pay the price of that lie.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I don't know if this is actually connected to whatever the Ubiquitous Matrix of Lies actually meant to convey, but I have always been fascinated by the fact that people could go on debating so-called "truth(s)" and "reality" when even words and language -- the very tools by which we define, explain and understand reality -- is all arbitrary in its nature.

We didn't decide to call that long-shaped, yellow-colored fruit a "banana" because there is an intrinsic or cosmic "truth" quality of the object that merit it to be called so, doesn't it? We just do it arbitrarily. Preserve it through culture ...It was already a non-factual thing to begin with. Never really representing reality other than what we decide it should be. Is it any wonder then that it is so manipulative as it is nowadays?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KembaraLangit

Excelent point "Kembara"! I know for me I don't purchase things or buy into anything on a slogan or statements that I can't back up with a little research. I simply thought it was a very interesting thread that could bring terrific posting and discusion other then polotics and MJ. Ty for posting

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KembaraLangit

even words and language -- the very tools by which we define, explain and understand reality -- is all arbitrary in its nature.

We didn't decide to call that long-shaped, yellow-colored fruit a "banana" because there is an intrinsic or cosmic "truth" quality of the object that merit it to be called so, doesn't it? We just do it arbitrarily. Preserve it through culture ...It was already a non-factual thing to begin with

I don't want to take away too much from the OP, but this really sits with me.
Many magical systems claim you can't fully utilize something's power until you possess its true name.. Perhaps, since we're born into a culture that speaks a certain language, we're prevented from learning things' true names, and thus are prevented all along from exercising our own true potential..

I once had a similar discussion with someone who I admire a lot. He told me that there is a true human language and that it has been overshadowed by our current systems of words and gestures( a BIG part of what you call the matrix of lies.)

Remember; your language determines your thought processes.
Other languages contain words for describing ideas and scenarios that we lack in English, and thereby, those languages offer the speaker the ability to have thoughts and logical processes that are closed to a strictly English speaker.. I think there's a lot of this type of thing going on.

If a person doesn't learn every language available to them, they don't have access to every possible line of logical thought, and therefore are not able to act upon their surroundings using their full potential.

This doesn't even consider those who are severely grammar/literacy impaired in their own first/only language.

Absolute tragedy.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now after reading the article all the way through, I must say it's a rather accurate commentary on our exaggerated culture.. Definitely thought provoking!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Wow, awesome thought process in your post, I totally get what your friend is saying and so appreciate your like minded point of view. People often ask me why I take a minute to respond to things asked of me, my reply is simply that not everything is as simply as a quick answer. It deserves our true thought. My honesty tends to get me into trouble lol...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I understand exactly what you mean, but looking at it from the writer(Eisenstein)'s point of view; that's the problem. When something is told/displayed to us, how are we -as media over-saturated drones- to determine to what information we should devote our conscious thought and time? I think, unfortunately, a natural response to this massive influx of symbolism and exaggerated/untrue language is to simply not spend any conscious effort on it. Just Lump it in with the rest of the trash, and spit out a bland, predetermined answer. I find myself doing this often as well.
This is why it is said not to cast one's pearls before swine. They will just eat and crap them out with the rest of the slop. Our problem is that our society's controllers have made us into swine by disguising our slop as treasures. Thus as Eisenstein points out the use of exaggerated terms to describe mundane things. These exuberant pitch-words are the pearls of our language being used to describe the rest of the slop.

In other words, why look for gold nuggets if you've always been told gravel bits are just as good?

join