It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Pelosi's climate change bill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by whatukno

Have you read the bill? It is over 1300 pages long. The Dems slipped in a 300+ page amendment at 3:09 AM Friday, June 26th. A copy of the entire bill was not even made availabe until Thursday. We only have some idea what the amendment said because House Minority leader took over an hour(over the protest of the Dems) to read aloud the highlights of the bill.
What happened to the transparency Obama promised?
He's all blow and no go, apparentlhy.

An additional 300 pages?I havent even touched those yet.How on earth could this have passed in such a short period of time?All members of Congress speed readers now?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebelsliberator

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by whatukno

Have you read the bill? It is over 1300 pages long. The Dems slipped in a 300+ page amendment at 3:09 AM Friday, June 26th. A copy of the entire bill was not even made availabe until Thursday. We only have some idea what the amendment said because House Minority leader took over an hour(over the protest of the Dems) to read aloud the highlights of the bill.
What happened to the transparency Obama promised?
He's all blow and no go, apparentlhy.

An additional 300 pages?I havent even touched those yet.How on earth could this have passed in such a short period of time?All members of Congress speed readers now?

Let me explain those extra pages, they contain items that were provided to members in exchange for their votes... It is nothing new, happens with just about all legislation, always has always will.

Here is how it likely went down...

Guarantees were made to get house votes, those who held out I will bet you were approached and told "name your price, we need your vote, let us know what you want and we will make it happen, just give us your vote"

Not the same as the old days when money was exchanged for votes, though not illegal, what they do now is just as bad and corrupt.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Remember when they passed the stimulus bill?

How many hand written amendments were shoved in before that one passed?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Remember when they passed the stimulus bill?

How many hand written amendments were shoved in before that one passed?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

So what they are saying is Dont bother reading this,tell us what you want and pass it.Thats no way to govern.Thats got to change.Now thats change i can believe in !LMAO!
No wonder george carlin said "This country is finished,who owns you America?The corporations do."

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

How can i become a Canadian citizen?
The USA appears to be going down hill fast.
Vancouver sounds good to me.
Maybe where they filmed First Blood?
Hope, British Columbia?
I could grow Christmas Trees.
I'll get free health care up there!
I just have to stand in line.

Go to your nearest Canadian Consolate in either Chicago or Seatle and apply. If your coming from the US it's a couple of grand in fees.. or was back in the 80's when I did it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If you called your Representatives to oppose this...this is what Nancy Pelosi thinks of you....

"For some it was a very difficult vote because the entrenched agents of the status quo were out there full force, jamming the lines in their districts and here, and they withstood that," Nancy Pelosi

In other words "Just shut the heck up!"

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The bill still has to get past the Senate. Get the word out, contact your Senators. This bill must die. Nobody even had time to read it!! How can they pass a bill when they don't even know what's in it?

If this passes the Senate, it will be the beginning of the end of the American economy.

I couldn't agree more. The net effect is that energy will cost more, driving up the cost of EVERYTHING. There will not be a gain in employment, it will have a net negative job effect.

CONTACT YOUR U.S. SENATOR HERE

Don't let them pass this and ruin an already fragile economy.

The sad thing is Obama even told you he was going to do this:

Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.......whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.

What Obama's Cap-And-Trade Plan Will Cost You
[edit on 27-6-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
#ing Rothchild and Al gore..... they r gonna hype this bill up and say its a god send. watch in like 2 weeks their will be adds by gore saying this may cost a lot but what is your life worth? or some BS to that extent.
and the people will buy it sadly is sucks but is true mark my words in like 2 weeks their will be a TV add. trying to justifies it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

I heard that al gore wanted to come to exhort the house to pass the bill but supporters said no, that al gore has become toxic to "middle america" and would lose votes for the bill if he came. so it will be interesting to see if they do use him publicly.

they are taking a bit of a different tack it would seem. i saw a tiny news clip of pelosi saying that the bill was all about jobs jobs jobs jobs. so they are pretending that the jobs created by the green industry is the big thing, not making the use of energy a crime that must be fined with huge dollars collected and sent off to special interests.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
But...but...but....Obama promised not to raise taxes on anyone making under $250,000 a year (unless you smoke).

Now if you turn on a light when you enter a room, or if you dare want to get something to eat....you will be taxed.

This cannot pass the Senate....contact them NOW!

Well something I think I heard from my grandfather long ago
when he was still alive. You can tell if a politician is lying
by watching if his lips move.

It is becoming more and more true as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

How can i become a Canadian citizen?
The USA appears to be going down hill fast.

Go to your nearest Canadian Consolate in either Chicago or Seatle and apply. If your coming from the US it's a couple of grand in fees.. or was back in the 80's when I did it.

Well there is one problem.

Canada, US, Mexico it doesn't matter which one your in.

You are about to be a citizen of the North American Union.

NAU - Amero - RFID tracking

And at some point, it will be a one world government.

As they wrote their agenda down for all to read long before
most of us were even born.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by dooper

I feel like we aren't even getting the lube. Hopefully this doesn't get through the senate, and its time to take names on who voted for pass this piece of trash bill. So we can vote them out.

Well the problem is the new straw men will just be new marionettes
with the same strings attached to them.

They will truck out a new fresh face with a new set of hope and change
we can believe in, and we get the same corrupt pawns of power brokers
who are shy of the spotlight.

The council on foreign relations sounds as government as the
federal reserve does, yet neither are part of the government.

Both have done and backed things that violate the constitution
as much as the Trilateral commission has done and the same
extent the Bilder-bergers.

The problem is most of the US just wants their TV for sports,
sex, fake drama, and entertainment.

They don't care what the government does til it affects them,
and then the left vs. right fake team paradigm is used to play
us against ourselves.

When one team is in power they pass one set of draconian corrupt
laws, and when the other team is in power they pass the other
set of draconian laws but the ppl at the top funding them
want BOTH sets implemented and use the 2 different parties
to get their agenda and have us bicker over which side is better
when it is neither.

We have the freedom to chose in what order the new parasitic
draconian vampiric laws will suck the life out of the country.

The constitution is being ignored, and the financial scam was the
largest bank robbery in the history of the world.

That is about it.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I guess that makes your vote even more important instead of complaining nothing can be done try finding good candidates work to help them. Not all politicians are corrupt some of them actually want to do the right thing. If you give up and do nothing thinking it will all ways be that way nothing will ever change will it?

Save the conspiracy stuff call your senator email them because ultimately people do hold the power.Just unfortunately we cant decide on anything for ourselves because were to busy bickering and saying things wont change. Make a diffrence if not for yourself then for your kids and grandkids. If enough people voice there opinions you would notice even corrupt politicians arent stupid if they want to stay in office they will vote with the majority the trick is to convince them of this.

As for the people that dont bother to educate themselves believe politicians without checking facts take it upon yourself to inform them no one in there right mind could agree this is good for the United States look what cap and trade did for the UK. All that happened there is they gave the government a new tax which was supposed to promote green energy,Problem with this theory is even if the business goes green still has to pay carbon taxes so whats the point really.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This bill is simply part of the NWO plan to depopulate earth. More people will die of starvation then under the agricultural policies of Mao and Stalin combined. I shudder to think what else they are cooking up.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You of course know that the house members were not allowed to
even read the bill before voting on it, and 300+ pages of changes
and additions were added at 3:08 am.

I don't think your play by the rules vision of our government is
what is taking place anymore.

I think you live in the disney bubble.

Maybe I am wrong, I have been before, but you might want to
consider the fact that is possible for anyone to be wrong including
yourself no matter how horrifying the possibility is that we are faced with.

I will see you and others in the trees, or likely I will not see you at all.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I read the impact according to the studies found earlier in this thread.
However, they seem much more gradual than sudden. I would like to know if anyone can lead me to, or perhaps find out, what is the sudden impact?
As we know these type of things are not shown swiftly, they are purposely given at a slow pace so that the ignorant can never even sniff what is going on until it is too late. I saw an increase of about $400 for somebody paying 1,100 in 2008 to the year 2015.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

that is why i claim 5 on my w2's I refuse to pay for all thies pet projects. this is to much now way to much.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
God, I just want a general to take the Midwest on it's word and help them defend themselves on this "declaration of war".

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the Midwest told the gov that this bill IS a deceleration of war.

Wait who exactly in the midwest stated that if this bill passed it would be a declaration of war?? This really really intrigues me.

Kind of need to know who to follow into battle ya know

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What is even more criminal is that a report by the EPA was suppressed which provided evidence that GLOBAL WARMING was based upon false data. This report was purposely WITHHELD before the cap and trade bill vote, because it would have revealed that the entire global warming/greenhouse gas theories were not proven.

A top Republican senator has ordered an investigation into the Environmental Protection Agency's alleged suppression of a report that questioned the science behind global warming. The 98-page report, co-authored by EPA analyst Alan Carlin, pushed back on the prospect of regulating gases like carbon dioxide as a way to reduce global warming. Carlin's report argued that the information the EPA was using was out of date, and that even as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have increased, global temperatures have declined. "He came out with the truth. They don't want the truth at the EPA," Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., a global warming skeptic, told FOX News, saying he's ordered an investigation. "We're going to expose it." The controversy comes after the House of Representatives passed a landmark bill to regulate greenhouse gas emissions, one that Inhofe said will be "dead on arrival" in the Senate despite President Obama's energy adviser voicing confidence in the measure. According to internal e-mails that have been made public by the Competitive Enterprise Institute, Carlin's boss told him in March that his material would not be incorporated into a broader EPA finding and ordered Carlin to stop working on the climate change issue. The draft EPA finding released in April lists six greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, that the EPA says threaten public health and welfare.

www.foxnews.com...

This is nothing less than fraud and a criminal act, equivalent to withholding evidence in a murder trail that would vindicate a defendant.

Criminals are now running the US government.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I do not understand why people find this deception acceptable, which they apparently they do. since all this legislation is based upon the promise of saving the planet, then the discovery that the facts are in question out to matter. there should be a huge outcry and cancellation of the bill. why isn't there? because saving the planet isn't the real reason for this bill. taking money from people and funneling it into supporters pockets is. that itself should be the reason for outcry.

where is the outcry?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join