It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why North Korea is dangerous! ALL READ!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you think engaging North Korea would be a cake walk you are WRONG! Even if we Nuke them it would still not stop them completely.

www.asianresearch.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Oh and this article is from 2003. That was almost 6 years ago. NK has had 6 FRICKIN years to improve their military and capabilities.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This article is from Korea and is pure propaganda. It is not truthful and embelishes the Korean armies abilities. Some of the statements about vietnam are false. North Korea would have little chance to survive the onslaught of bombs the US would unleash. If we cannot engage their tank battalions with our tanks then we will bomb them. Their weapons technology is eons behind US technology. But hey it makes for good fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
North Korea is filled with a bunch of starving people who will line up and surrender "en masse" when and if they make the mistake of tipping the U.S. into the "war" category. Anyone is foolish to think otherwise. [Waits patiently for his "I told you so" in the future."

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Whoever is more dangerous is not the point.
War is the biggest business on planet Earth, and the end game is genocide.
Let Thy Will Be Done!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ctjctjctj

Can we start with you?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I really don't think you even read the article. Why don't you criticize specific points instead of white washing the entire premise. The bottomline is North Korea is NOT Iraq or some rag tag bunch of terrorists. You act like bombing is the key to fighting a war. You are clueless. Bombing has made barely a dent in the war in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

You have no clue what goes on in NK do you? If you think the North Korean army will just surrender at the sight of a juicy McDonald's hamburger you are an idiot. I hope and pray the people running our military are a lot smarter than you are buddy.

CX

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Whilst i agree that NK is a nation not to be underestimated, that article did bring some relief in the fact that every time they appear to be stranded or in trouble, they all commit suicide.

That should be a help for any nation at war with them.

CX.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Ahem! You Sir are completely turned about. The "ragtag" forces in Iraq are the one's who have been giving us hell for the last 5+ years. That's called "Guerrilla Warfare". What we would face in North Korea is called "Conventional Warfare". You know? The type of warfare that American forces have been training for since WW2? The type of warfare that we excel at and that took us a grand total of two weeks to dominate in two Gulf Wars. Try studying the history of warfare and not just randomly picking some crackpot website to scare people with. Thank you.

Edit: They are, and I'm not your buddy.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

This is actually my spirit communicating with u in electric pulse form.

Many people are already living dead in this corrupt capitalist system.
Genocide is THE final call by TPTB.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ctjctjctj

Good. I could use the rest. Can we get it over with already?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

And that's the point bud, US hasn't fought a conventional war in 50+ years. I'd say our "training" is a little rusty. I never said NK would demolish US forces. Obviously not! But to downplay them as some sort of rag tag bunch of starving, bare foot village people shows you have no clue about the country, the regime, nuclear weapons, or the people.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
We do our best work when we can be the ''Bull in the china shop''

That link is nothing but propaganda..

and please get your story straight op..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The reason the US hasnt fought a conventional war as you put it in 50 yrs is because they dont need to.
Warfare has moved on and if any conflict with NK is going to happen (assuming it isnt nuclear) it will be from the air, which NK isnt able to match. The unfortunate thing is if that should happen then they would hit SK with everything they have & so it would be one almighty air offence the likes of which have never been seen in order to eliminate the immediate threat.
I doubt the US will want to occupy NK as it wouldnt go down well with china so it would be left to the SK forces to mop up imo.

edit- no one is doubting that NK isnt dangerous but to think that the US would go toe to toe on the ground is ridiculas. It'll be all from the air!

[edit on 25/6/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
"North Koreas capability is a best kept secret

Now let me list off all our weapons plants and systems"

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

What's funny is that bombing has done f'all in the Afghanistan war. We are still there and things are harder than ever. So how would bombing NK be any different? Then the it becomes a guerrilla war like everything else.

Plus they've had 15+ years to build hardened steal bunkers that are probably nuke resistant. You guys really do underestimate a country that actually DOES HAVE nuclear capability. I guess if they can muster up the intelligence to build a nuclear weapon they might be smart enough to build bunkers that can withstand nuclear blasts?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Your right about Afghanistan but they have no targets as such, just some nomadic freedom fighters that are proving hard to find but NK is a different enemy with fixed & known military targets etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Fixed and known? Their nuclear reactor sites, and buildings/facilities may be known but that's about it. The US government has no clue just how many missiles, artillery, etc. are pointed at South Korea.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Your right about Afghanistan but they have no targets as such, just some nomadic freedom fighters that are proving hard to find but NK is a different enemy with fixed & known military targets etc.

Nomadic freedom fighters? LMAO! Well if "nomadic freedom fighters" are causing such havoc for such an advanced nuclear armed technologically superior military I'd hate to see what a bunch of starving, disciplined, indoctrinated Koreans would do in ground to ground combat. LOL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join