It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thief preys upon purses during mass at Shrine Church of Saint Bernadette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thief preys upon purses during mass at Shrine Church of Saint Bernadette

www.nydailynews.com

A Brooklyn church has a new commandment: Thou shalt hold on to thy purse.

After a thief struck during Mass, the Shrine Church of Saint Bernadette is warning parishioners to take their bags when they leave their pews to accept Holy Communion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow, Thou shalt not steal is in the basic belief/rules of religion! This simply floored me when I read it, I know times are bad, it's clear the economy is crap, millions of people out of work, unemployment numbers rising everyday but "Jesus" to steal from purses during comminion is outrageous. They couldn't wait for everybody to leave and rob the room that holds the offering's Hmm. This is just crazy dude...

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow.Thats just awful someone would stoop so low.Is nothing sacred anymore?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yeah, it's really sad. At my local church several months back, someone off the street did the same thing. They wandered through the coatracks looking for goodies, found some keys (with the electronic door opener) and made off with someone's car. Like the story linked, it probably wasn't someone who went to that church, but someone from outside who watched and knew when to strike. I wasn't actually there the day it happened, but the next week, the bishop got up and told people about it and to please be really careful with your belongings and all that sort of thing. It hasn't happened again here... yet.

top topics

join