It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the ATS mix show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm just really curious as to what's being done with it. I saw the update thread. I really would like to know what's going on with it. If someone could give me an update that would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Um...I get it on itunes, but have not had a recent download yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

I mean like the ATSmix show... the one about all of the paranormal stuff. I haven't seen a new show from Johnny or Dave in like months.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I am waiting for it too.

Can't beat a nice Dave and Johnny podcast here.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
With the launching of the ATS Media Portal we are moving forward with several new and most excellent projects (ATSnews.com being an obvious one).

With the economy in the shape it's in and our limited resources we simply must focus on things that benefit the site in such a way as to allow us to keep growing. Unfortunately ATSMIX was a victim of rotten timing, radio is dying medium and podcasting is not generating anywhere near the audience numbers it was expected to and ATSMIX was no different.

ATSMIX is on hiatus until further notice.

Have no worries though... Wait till you see what's coming next!

Springer...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
so ATS just written off Dave and Johnny or will they make a comeback in another way?

I miss those guys around.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

My question is we have PTS and BTS mix still.

ATS mix was getting really good... especially with all of the cool interviews being done lately. I thought they were generating some huge hits.

Why weren't they allowed to at least do their show in the original format at least until you get something new?

I just thought I'd ask the question...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Rest easy Padawan, Johnny is very busy right now, WAY TOO BUSY to do anything but what he's doing.

Dave has moved on to pursue his vision of the "Rabbit Zone".

It's all good.

PATIENCE. PATIENCE PATIENCE.

S...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
IMHO Dave was WAY too full of himself and his Mix shows often had nothing to do with ATS at all. When he started doing Movie Reviews I had to question the merit of his relevance to ATS. He U2U'd me and basically stated "I am important Dave, it is my show, I can do whatever I want," even if Movie Reviews belong on BTS and have nothing to do with Alternative topics. Funny, as the Mods dumped his movie review thread over to BTS where it belonged, and even there it got Zero hits before he disappeared.

The concept of having Podcasts is fine, but the problem is that often they had nothing to do with the type of Topic people come to ATS for. Google "Alternative Topics" or "Conspiracy Theories" and you will find ATS right there at the top of the list. Google "Movie Reviews" and you will find a zillion other sites but not ATS.

I have a direct pipeline to the people who are responsible for setting up the VPN that gets the news of social justice out of Iran. Dave had a pipeline to his Netflix account.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I agree with Terapi. As much as I enjoyed Dave and Johnny's humor I feel like there were a number of times when I don't think either of them were representing the issues in a serious manner which I would expect from ATS. Springer... if you look for replacements for the ATSmix people could I recommend that you try to find ATS members that are more serious at the time? I think too much of the time was spent covering various threads around the forum... and... I don't recall there being enough original content in the ATSmix podcasts. I would really like to see something new with ATSmix.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'd have to say even when i got into podcasting it was on its way out the door. Everywhere i mean. Podcasting shows started to take the back seat to youtube videos and blogs. It was unfortunate for sure. We had some great casts here on ats.

Johnny and Dave did a really good job too ive been slowly going through their atsmix casts. I hope Johnny starts making a mondo bizarro video show for MATS his podcasts were freaking amazing.

But i know you guys prolly got him locked away on some important mission!! hehe.

Perhaps well see him in the new ats tv show thats coming out!!!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Patience is a virtue. I am sure the wait will be well worth it.

new topics

top topics

join