It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Muslim Conflict??….Relax, Jesus is NOT returning soon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Too much still has to happen...
I believe there are a number of pre-requisites (political events) that need to be ‘put’ in place…and ‘in’ place BEFORE said-event occurs… see below please.

1) The development of another strong Roman empire…
Daniel’s ‘fourth’ beast follows the Grecian empire and described as “terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.” (Dan. 7). He was told: “The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom” (Dan. 7:23-24). I see the first three as already have happened. Look to see that side of the world eventually forming a ten-nation kingdom as the ‘fourth’ beast. This has not happened yet…and there will be clear evidence for this when it comes.

2) The arrival of anti-Christ…
After the development of these ten kingdoms, Daniel refers to an eleventh horn, an individual who will conquer them all. (Daniel 7, verse 8) “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully.” Daniel was confused and asked for further explanation in Daniel 7:24, which says, “After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.” In chapter 7, verse 23, concedes he will conquer the world, and it stands to reason he will gain control of all these ten kingdoms first….before he rises to become the global dictator.
I believe more is discussed on him in Revelation 13…speaking of ten horns and ten crowns. John reveals, “The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.” So combining Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 we may be conclude the Word speaks of a the revival of the Roman Empire that ‘was’ in existence when Christ was on earth, back in the day. For those interested more detail of this can be found in Revelation 13, verses 5 through 7.
Scripture says he will open his mouth to blaspheme God. He will have power to make war against the Christians and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. Revelation admits he will head the world government for forty-two months. In that period there will be a time of unprecedented trouble, detailed in Daniel 12:1, “There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.”
JC spoke of these times, “For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened” (Matt. 24:21-22). And when you can see Matt. 24:29-30 where JC explains that His second coming will bring this time of trouble to a speedy end. It says, “Immediately after the distress of those days ‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.”

3) A political-agreement with Israel…
490 years are detailed in Dan. 9:24-27, and are divided into three periods. I believe the LAST 7 years of God’s direct involvement with Israel lead up to his return….and this time is divided into two periods, the first being the three-and-a-half years during which the covenant is observed and the second being the three-and-a-half years when the covenant is broken, resulting in the end of Jewish sacrifices in the temple. The Jews will make this seven-year covenant with the ruler over the ten kingdoms who later becomes the world dictator. See (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 7) for more details.
Remember in (1 John 2:18) the apostle John declared that ‘the’ Antichrist is coming, but that there are many antichrists: “Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come.” He continues and says, “Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son” (1 John 2:22). John further describes an antichrist as one who denies that Christ came in the flesh as God in 1 John 4:3, “but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.” See also 2 John 7. The future world ruler who governs ten nations and later becomes dictator over the whole world is the Antichrist because he is against Christ and is a substitute for Christ, as the prefix “anti” means.

4) A severe Russian conflict…
See Ezekiel 38-39 , it reviews a strange war in which a great nation to the north of Israel, I believe a reference to Russia (Ezek. 36:15; 38:6, 15; 39:2), will be joined by a number of other nations in a sneak attack upon Israel at a time when Israel is at peace (Ezek. 38:11). I believe this Soviet invasion will come during the first three-and-a-half years leading up JC’s return. To me this makes sense as it relates to the time of peace described in Ezekiel 38 (see 1 Thess. 5:3 for more). This war turns out to be a disaster for Russia and her other allies (Ezek. 39:3-6, 11-20) as they will be annihilated.
The Israeli victory will change the world situation, which apparently then will be much like it is now, with Russia and her allies opposed to the rest of the world. With Russia neutralized as a power, it will then be possible for the ruler of the ten kingdoms to declare himself a world dictator, and supposedly, no one will oppose him, and the empire will be born overnight. Wonder where the US is then? See Rev. 13:4 which explains no one will be strong enough to deny the ruler of the ten kingdoms.
This anti-christ, the Middle East ruler, will break his agreement with Israel and become her enemy instead of her protector, and the final 3.5 yrs of his rule over all nations where he will claim to be God detailed in Rev. 13:8. Daniel 11:37, explains he “will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.” According to Daniel 11:38, he will worship only the power to make war and gain victory, and he will be engaged in warfare toward the end of that last three-and-a-half years.

5) The battle of ‘Armageddon’
John details in Revelation 6, a scroll with seven seals affixed to the side. As the scroll is unrolled, each seal is broken, signaling great catastrophies on the earth. Seal one refers to the world empire that is brought out at the beginning of the three-and-a-half years. This is indicated by the bow without an arrow (Rev. 6:2), the formation of the world empire without a fight.
Seals two and three refer to warfare and starvation…the fourth seal reveals that one-fourth of the earth’s population will be destroyed, certainly a time of the wrath of God. The fifth seal recognizes that the world ruler will put to death those who do not recognize him as deity, and they are seen in heaven waiting for the time when the world ruler will be judged. In this period, according to the sixth seal, great disturbances will take place in the earth, with the sun darkened, the moon turning blood red, and stars of heaven falling to earth. There will also be a great earthquake, with every mountain and island removed from its place…see Rev. 6:12-14.
The seventh seal will come a second series of sevens called trumpets. As each trumpet is sounded, it signals another judgment on earth, extending to one-third of the earth’s area (Rev. 9:7-12), and one-third of the earth’s population will be crushed Rev. 9:15….great disturbances, too, in nature, and eventually war.
Sadly, in the Great Tribulation the final form of anti-God practices will consist of the worship of the world ruler and a denial of the true God. When Christ returns, He will judge the earth, rescue those still living in the earth who are saved and bring them into the millennial kingdom, and bring judgment of physical death on all the others…detailed in Matt. 24:30-31; 25:31-45…
Other events at that time include…A return of Jews to Israel (Deuteronomy 30:3; Isaiah 43:6; Ezekiel 34:11-13; 36:24; 37:1-14). The Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 11:1).The Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and worldwide persecution of Israel will result (Daniel 9:27; 12:1, 11; Zechariah 11:16; Matthew 24:15, 21; Revelation 12:13). Israel will be invaded (Ezekiel chapters 38-39). Israel will eventually recognize the Lord Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

Sooooooooooo……??????? Believer and skeptic alike, in what ways is the stage being set??????

1) What are signs you see of the development of another strong Roman empire?
2) What are signs you see of the arrival of anti-Christ?
3) What are signs you see of the battle of ‘Armageddon’?
4) What are signs you see of a political-agreement with Israel?
5) What are signs you see of the battle of ‘Armageddon’?
Any insight to the above 5 questions would be most appreciated…is it starting??
OT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Depending on how you interpret Matthew 24 some could contend that Christ's return is soon:

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks intrepid, I do believe you are correct....I would say it this way....we are in the BEGINNING of sorrows....much still needs to be set in place still....but could we be at the beginning? Yes!

Thank you

OT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

1.) The USA is the new Roman empire. We fill ever prerequisite required.

2.) The AC is here . . . we just do not know who it is yet.

3.) This you have correct. This agreement is still missing, but it will come very soon.

4.) Russia has been slowly aligning itslef against Israel. I believe that the push through Georgia put Russia one step closer to Israel. Add to this Iran acting as Russia by proxy, and Hamas et al acting as Iran by proxy.

5.) Armageddon happens at the end.

In conclusion, soon is relative. We still have seven years at least, but you can't argue that pieces of the puzzle are coming together quite nicely, and in a fairly quick fashion.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Thanks for the direct answers....yes "soon" is relative, in some ways....why do you say America? Why do you say the AC is alive?

OT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Daniel’s ‘fourth’ beast follows the Grecian empire and described as “terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.” (Dan. 7). He was told: “The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom” (Dan. 7:23-24). I see the first three as already have happened. Look to see that side of the world eventually forming a ten-nation kingdom as the ‘fourth’ beast. This has not happened yet…and there will be clear evidence for this when it comes.

?????

Any scholars out there think this is referring to the US of A?

OT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

why do you say America?

While I wouldn't think of speaking for another member AND my religious days are 25 years behind me, he may be referencing the dream Nebacanezzer had in Daniel that had different parts of it made of different substances. Head of gold, etc. The legs of iron as I recall mean the Roman empire. The feet that were composed of iron and clay, meaning that it was strong but not as strong as Rome being remnants of the Roman empire. Ie: the British empire and from that America.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

From a website I read a few months ago:

Visit Washington DC to see what's what. Marble everywhere. Columns on every building. Just like the Roman Forum.

Like Rome, America has its standing army. The founders never wanted that. Too bad, founders. This country is an armed camp, its sky filled with warplanes, its heart filled with fear and loathing.

Like Rome, America is obsessed with circuses. Ever more inventive forms of torture and murder are demonstrated on the TV each evening. It no longer matters which ones are fiction.

Like Rome, all roads lead to America, a consumer vortex into which the world's natural and manufactured resources spiral, never to escape.

Like Rome, America is a republic in name, but a plutocracy in practice. Only the richest people can enter politics now, and the politicians serve only the interests of the richest.

Like Rome, America is afflicted with Caesars. Except here they're called Presidents. Of course the founders intended the President to be balanced by congress and judiciary - but with those branches hopelessly stacked, the President wields absolute power. And suffers the corruption that goes with that. -- Peter Merel

As for the the AC, the Bible says that the generation that sees Israel become a nation again will not pass away before Jesus returns. That gives us until late 2020's . . .more or less. That means that the AC has to be born already in order to be of age to be what he is supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

OK, sir....got it.

I'm gonna have to hit some more research I take it ...

Didn't the LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH author imply America would have no role in "end times" ...what was his name?

OT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Peter Merel

As for the the AC, the Bible says that the generation that sees Israel become a nation again will not pass away before Jesus returns. That gives us until late 2020's . . .more or less. That means that the AC has to be born already in order to be of age to be what he is supposed to be.

hmm??? Interesting comparison from Mr. Merel....

It (the return) could go out past 2020....for a few reasons....

1) they didn't win the war until 1967....that plus 80...is 2047...ish.
2) Also who's not to say Israel losses the land again....regains it in a hundred years....then the clock starts...I dunno?

Time will tell...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Does Jesus have to manifest himself to humans to have actually "come again"? Or is he here already? Thinking Matt. 24 again.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Here's a thought. Does Jesus have to manifest himself to humans to have actually "come again"? Or is he here already? Thinking Matt. 24 again.

Alright...its TOO late here for such brain-twisters...

Here's my quick response, yes, He's already here...omni-present and all, really never left...not bound by time, no past present or future for Him, so...yes...

but doesn't it say...all will SEE the Son of 'Man' coming in the clouds, too.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Guys, Appreciate the thought-proking questions and observations tonight....gonna retire for the evening...see you'll tomorrow...

Thanks again

OT sleepy!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

?????

Any scholars out there think this is referring to the US of A?

OT

Indirectly. I have some theories on the subject. Here's a few of them. The general wisdom on the toes of Daniel 2 has it that they are nations. I have another theory. They are not nations. They are tribes. Here's my theory.

Back in the 700 to 725 BC era the ten tribes that made up ancient Israel were conquered by Assyria. They never came back from that road trip. And the prophecy of Genesis 48 and 49 indicate that the descendents of the 12 sons or tribes of Israel were to become nations by the time of Shiloh. (end times.) Those 10 tribes today are supposed to be a multitude of nations by now. So if the toes were tribes then the end time nations of the Daniel 2 statue could actually be dozens of nations.

So 10 horns could be the tribes of ancient Israel. After all the Bible is all about Israel. Its past and future.

Now consider the prophesies of Manessah and Ephriam. Manessah was to be a powerful nation in the end times. Ephriam a multitude of nations. The US would make a great Manessah candidate. And if it isn't it still could be a member of Ephriam. And that would make it a horn/toe of the prophesies.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
the definition of a generation is strange

All of the offspring that are at the same stage of descent from a common ancestor: Mother and daughters represent two generations,

now a current life span for modern man is around 70 years.

Israel was reformed May 14, 1948 and adding 70 years would make it Monday, 14 May 2018.

so anytime prior to 2018 would be my guess

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Now consider the prophesies of Manessah and Ephriam. Manessah was to be a powerful nation in the end times. Ephriam a multitude of nations. The US would make a great Manessah candidate. And if it isn't it still could be a member of Ephriam. And that would make it a horn/toe of the prophesies.

ntech,

OK...appreciate the response...

In your one scenario, Manessah would be the US and Ephriam the UK, right? If so, what is said of them? Where do they fit?

OT

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
the definition of a generation is strange

All of the offspring that are at the same stage of descent from a common ancestor: Mother and daughters represent two generations,

now a current life span for modern man is around 70 years.

Israel was reformed May 14, 1948 and adding 70 years would make it Monday, 14 May 2018.

so anytime prior to 2018 would be my guess

Thanks...

The thing that bugs me about the 48 + 70 theory is it is too exact...remember JC no one will know the time of hie return..?????

I gues we can know the approx. "season" huh?

OT

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm shocked that so many people believe this stuff. You're using a very old book to predict something outrageous.

How many times have these anti-christ predictions come up over the years? Nothing happens, they die, and you just pick a new one. I predict there is no anti-christ. I predict Jesus will not return soon or ever.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by System

The anti christ is not one man
The anti christ is a large number of beings who are there to decieve man into believing there is no christ.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

That's just your opinion. Lots of people think the Anti-Christ is one person. Here's a list of people tagged the Anti-Christ from www.raptureready.com...

Antiochus Epiphanes
Roman Emperor Nero
The Pope
Charlemagne
Napoleon
Aleister Crowley
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Benito Mussolini
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Francisco Franco
John F. Kennedy
Henry Kissinger
King Juan Carlos of Spain
Ayatollah Khomeini
Ronald Wilson Reagan
Mikhail Gorbachev
Maitreya
Sun Myung Moon
PLO leader Yassir Arafat
Louis Farrakhan
Karl Hapsburg
William Jefferson Clinton
Sam Donaldson of ABC News
Barney the Dinosaur
Bill Gates
Prince Charles of Wales
Jacques Chirac

As I said lots predictions come up over the years but these people eventually die and get replaced by new people with the Anti-Christ label. When will people stop playing these silly games and just accept that there is no Anti-Christ.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join