It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm really excited about the release of Diablo 3 later this year (hopefully). Anyone else really really enjoy the Diablo series? I still play diablo 2 alot if anyone wants to join me sometime send me a U2U.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The rumors going around most sites I read is that D3 wont be released untill some time in 2010.

The rumors are based on the fact that Blizzard is releasing Starcraft 2 this year in the last quarter. Many people cant see Blizzard releasing Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3 within the same year. Hence why most people think it will be a Q4 2010 release. Still more than a year away. :bnghd:

Also, there doesnt seem to be a lot of work done on D3. They still have yet to name the other 3 classes in the game (rumored to be unveiled at Blizzcon 2009).

I really hope Im wrong. But at the same time, I know it will be epic, since Blizzard just wont release a game unless its met their standards.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I can't wait for this game to come up I love the Diablo series, however I have to agree with the above poster, I do don't see it coming up until '10 I have heard the same Starcraft rumor as well. I just hope that they use the extra time to make it just that much more full of awesome-ness also remember blizz tends to play close to the vest with new releases as well a lot of times to add suspense and buzz.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
From what I can gather, the most likely release for D3 is Summer (US Summer) 2010.

Why?

Starcraft 2 - Terrans: Christmas 2009
Diablo 3: Mid 2010
Starcraft 2 - Zerg: Christmas 2010

Don't forget that Starcraft 2 is coming in 3 parts. They would want to space them out with a different release in the middle.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I agree with ya.

Sounds like a typical business plan for a company that is rolling out 2 major titles. You never want to flood the market, so 6-12 months between releases seems to be pretty logical.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

I'd even go further to say that we will see something Diablo or Warcraft related in mid 2011 as well.

Because they will have another gap between the Zerg and Protoss releases, so perhaps (it will be a year since D3 release) we might get an expansion then, or possibly this secret MMO project they have been dropping hints about for years.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Totally agree.

I 100% expect that 1 year after D3 is out, there will be an expansion. At the very very least, more classes then the 5 they are going to release first.

And with WoW, there has got to be something else coming. They cant be shutting down production all together, so there has got to be a expansion of something some where in the timeline.

With that talked about MMO thats going to be a totally new project, blizzard has their hands full for the next decade, no question.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Looks awful, outdated and cartoony. I'll play it if there is a herald of Zakurm or a paladin class. But it really does seem outdated already.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

You think so?

I guess im just looking for a upgrade from Titan Quest. TQ is a good game, but even from what I have seen just in the D3 videos it has me hooked.

Diablo seems to have a cult following though. Im in the cult

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As am I. I'm playing Diablo: Hellfire again. The graphics may be dated, but the game still rocks.

As far as calling D3 cartoony... look at D1 and D2. Exactly the same style. It is Blizzard's style completely. The games may be serious business, but the graphics betray that.

Who cares if the game has 500.3243 shader models or requires 4.5bajilahurtz of vram to run. The gameplay is what matters.

People demand too much in graphics these days. What happened to the days where it was the story and gameplay that mattered?

top topics

join