It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars, Nasa cover-ups, Explain this...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mota

Hi Mr Mota,
The gouges are from Viking one and are what it did very well,
see this link,
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

BTW if you look a little to the right on the link pic, you may see the same gouge as is in this topic,just too Red,just not so clear.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by smurfy]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_the_truth
So, just to be clear, you are saying one of the cameras has something on it; and the other camera has a bad pixel in it. Would this be a correct assumption from your post?

Yes.

As I said (and as you can see from the name of the image), both photos were taken at the same time (the "291579518" in the photo's name is the number of seconds since January 1, 2000 at 11:58:55.816 UTC) so, whatever that thing was, it was only on the left camera, on the lens or in front of the camera.

Can you also post an image with arrows on the "hot pixel" that you are referring to so we may have some evidence to examine.

Sure.

Bellow is a link to an animation made with all the available images from the right "eye" of the navigation camera, and as you can see there are at least 3 hot pixels on that area, the most noticeable is the one that Skipper noticed (or someone else noticed and told him).

(I thought a link was better because the image is too big, and resized the pixel disappears)

PS: only after uploading the images did I remembered the arrows, but I don't think they are needed, you just have to look at the area pointed by Skipper. Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
excellent find smurfy!

So judging by this photo. source( I am no expert on photo analysis) I would guesstimate this mini-trench to be no more than 24" long and 2-4" wide with a depth of no more than 3-4".

So what ever the object is...its about 4-5 inches tall. I wish they would've just tried to dig a little underneath it to see if it had any kind of root structure or not.

I don't know what is is, but there is defiantly something oozing out of it. It seems to be some what thick substance because if it was more like water it would've already drained out by the time the image was taken.

It certainly looks to be something that had some kind of fluid in it. This one's got me stumped.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you Armap, I have confirmed that "hot pixel" on all of the gif's.

Well...that's one mystery solved, sounds like you've been through this one before

So now....we are trying to figure out what that thing is that is "oozing" if you will.

Suggestions anybody...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I also wonder what this, if anything, could be...

Kinda looks like some kind of growth or some type of moss or something. I have enhanced the image slightly.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c92521865fe5.jpg[/atsimg]

Any idea's???

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
For those interested in it, here is the original Viking 1 photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/bdcb9c545ee61629.gif[/atsimg]

The "oozing" is not as noticeable, but it's there.

PS: Viking 1 was not a rover, it was a lander.

As for the "moss" rock, I think it's just a rock, but considering the time here in Portugal (01:54 AM) I think I will leave to for tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the original...and as you say, the"ooz" is still there. So whats your take on it?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't know about this "ooze" business but we can eliminate the notion that the "oozer" was broken off the rock on the other side of the trench by looking at that spot before the trench was dug...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

You can see here that the objects in question (indicated by the yellow and cyan lines) are in the same place before and after Viking created the trench.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b73e0dd4828d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2009/6/17 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I see a "Lizard Squirrel" in the viking pic and a "predator" head.
The gap looks like where the vertical lip line would originate.

Quite freaky. I like!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cds4344
When we see a funny creature waving, that will be the day.

Well how about today?

Animation of four consecutive images by ArMaP

Close up still

FULL SIZE SOURCE

[edit on 18-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Is that something....Bleeding or oozing?
Report #157 February 2, 2009 (updated 2/13/09)source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0cb58dfb4a1.jpg[/atsimg]

Original NASA image

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Wow, interesting thread going on. I do believe we aren't the only ones out there. You may be on to something with these photos. Flagged!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Cds4344
When we see a funny creature waving, that will be the day.

Well how about today?

Animation of four consecutive images by ArMaP

Close up still

FULL SIZE SOURCE

hi..thats cool..have you got a link to the 4 images please?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That 'oozing' rock image intrigues me the most. It definitely does look as though it is 'oozing' some sort of liquid... It just boggles my mind!

Is it at all possible, (forgive me as I'm just offering some very vague guesses and don't even remotely know the science behind it all), that it's perhaps actually not a rock, and instead a clump of martian dirt?

Perhaps the components in the martian soil are acting in ways we just can't comprehend. Maybe it's a Lava Rock?
I don't know, but it's fun to guess. Especially when it involves things on other planets!

Awesome photos... Wait... Maybe it's a Mars Bar!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
For those interested in it, here is the original Viking 1 photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/bdcb9c545ee61629.gif[/atsimg]

The "oozing" is not as noticeable, but it's there.

PS: Viking 1 was not a rover, it was a lander.

As for the "moss" rock, I think it's just a rock, but considering the time here in Portugal (01:54 AM) I think I will leave to for tomorrow.

hi..have you got a link to that?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
hi..thats cool..have you got a link to the 4 images please?

I have, but I don't think that the animation was made by me, in this post by Mikesingh he says it was John Bro, but that animation is also on a NASA page.

Here are links for the four images used. All images are from Sol 2, taken by Opportunity.

But as the images on the Rover's site are too bad, I suggest you look at these, the same photos but not as compressed as the ones on the other site.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I also wonder what this, if anything, could be...

Kinda looks like some kind of growth or some type of moss or something. I have enhanced the image slightly.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c92521865fe5.jpg[/atsimg]

Any idea's???

It actually looks like a women with a pony tail sitting down facing away from the rover in between the rocks.....That is just what I see though.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
hi..have you got a link to that?

Yes, I always have links for the things I post (I hope).

You can see all photos taken by the Viking 1 lander here, but these are small browse versions of the originals.

The original images are not in a common file format, they are in a format used by the Planetary Data System (PDS), a specific .img file format, but you can see those images by using the freely available NASA View, (available here, after registration) and by browsing the available folders here (that image is from folder "d0xx" and it's image "12D091.BB2".

The image I posted was converted from the .IMG file to GIF with NASAView.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join