It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ID on "Operation Blackjack" has a secret message

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 2008111

See this is what happens when you post what you FEEL like and not the entire story. After the quote, the site goes on to say:

"But before any of you start camping out at the local movie theater, know this: the key word is "developing."

Turtletaub's comments could simply mean he's pondering the idea and thinking of scenarios for the movie. At best, he's in discussions with other Jericho producers and talking to potential studios. Either way, it's too early to start accepting a Jericho movie as reality"

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The dates didn't even really matched. I mean, if something was published in January is mentioned in March, then virtually, you can connect it to just about anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
the jericho tv series thing kinda makes sense. episode 13 was called blackjack ... and then the name of that journalist. poor taste in marketing, true, but what else could it be? seems to be the most obvious conclusion

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
reply to post by 2008111

See this is what happens when you post what you FEEL like and not the entire story. After the quote, the site goes on to say:

"But before any of you start camping out at the local movie theater, know this: the key word is "developing."

Turtletaub's comments could simply mean he's pondering the idea and thinking of scenarios for the movie. At best, he's in discussions with other Jericho producers and talking to potential studios. Either way, it's too early to start accepting a Jericho movie as reality"

We will see in a few days.

By the way, when you want to do a "secret" viral marketing campaign for a product you say what Turteltaub said: there is nothing planned, there is no real developing, we don't know if ever the thing comes out. If he said the truth, that the whole # is planned to come out in Summer 2009, you can't do this viral marketing campaign, because it would be too obvious!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have the worst feeling that this is real. Why? As others have mentioned, it's just a little too esoteric for it to be a viral marketing campaign. I mean, when something is viral it spreads quickly and to a lot of people. Well, not too many people are following this. Also, if it IS some kind of viral puzzle, it's certainly an easy one. In fact, it's completely predictable. The most work we've had to do was decode a string of hex, base-64, or binary, and a barcode or two. If it were truly viral or an ARG, it would be much more involved.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For the record, the site's server is not anonymous, it's hosted by Joomla. A simple Google search revealed that.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by euleberlin

come to think of it...tht's pretty darn scary!!!

good post

i knew it was codenames either for a show about the NWO or a game but something like that wouldnt of been kept locked up for so long...this is starting to get wierd.. especially that the address of the host is next to an airport

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have been forgetting to say this.

I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to downtown436, warrenb, aeons, now_then, drydenresearch, totakeke and all the rest of you guys that are finding the changes in codes and ESPECIALLY the changes to the slide show on the Telegraph web site.

sorry I can't name everyone, but this thread has exploded since this morning and I can't possibly remember all the names after the first 5 or 6 pages.

great job guys

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The ultimate truth, that it MUST be about Jericho:

See this again:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thomas Valente ID Card from the Department of Homeland Security.

AND NOW, guess what this Thomas Valente character in the Jericho series is all about... yeah right!

Thomas Valente, portrayed by Daniel Benzali, is the Department of Homeland Security and the Project Red Bell supervisor. Hawkins suspects that he actually may be the chief person responsible for the nuclear attacks upon the United States. He is associated with the reconstruction of the federal government in Cheyenne, Wyoming. He sends Major Beck to Jericho to end their border war with New Bern, and he later dispatches John Goetz' Ravenwood mercenary team to the town.

More coincidence? Hell no!

This IS about the Jericho move AND/OR the Jericho comic series. I bet my whole money on it. The funny thing is, If i am wrong, my money will be worthless anyway! haha

[edit on 19-6-2009 by 2008111]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
if anyone has noticed the picture that is up now.it is an old pic and in the bottom right corner is a white hearse. 50's or early 60's style....

anyway the name has changed to Antony now. The first thing my mind went to was Antonym which means, opposite.
what if the binary is reverse or the words need to be reversed?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2008111

This IS about the Jericho move AND/OR the Jericho comic series. I bet my whole money on it. The funny thing is, If i am wrong, my money will be worthless anyway! haha

I hope you are right, sir. good to see you have a sense of humor about it too

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
remember the good old history channel - with all the hype for that. even if this isnt true more than likely there will be war in the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphim_amon

you could be on to something there, considering the sites name is JACKBLACK and not blackjack....

I cant get on to the convertor site as it seems to be having a break

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
oh yes also how long has obama got left for that 6 month international crisis? cant remember thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neilparnham

Within the first 6 months is what they said, so around the 20th. Fits kinda nicely.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StaringBack

it's hosted by godaddy
the domain name has been registered anonymously

joomla is a content management system, however the publisher of the site was using only the statistic script included in joomla (and i don't think the html code of the pages that were on-line is generated by joomla)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by neilparnham

Within the first 6 months is what they said, so around the 20th. Fits kinda nicely.

He won't have been in office for 6 months until July. Not June.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Maybe someone should jumble all the evidence/links/conclusions in one nice neat package so everyone can download it so everyone has their own to shove to the masses in case this was or is real?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i just found another thmas valente, a real life guy, a researcher ... and now guess what he researches (quote from his website): "Network analysis is a set of techniques used to study who is connected to whom in a community. It is often used to measure the communication structure for individuals, groups, organizations and communities. My particular interest is in how networks can be used to study health behavior. I wrote a book, Network Models of the Diffusion of Innovations that describes how networks structure the flow of information and adoption behavior"

link to his page: www-hsc.usc.edu...

and from the pictures on his page he could even be the guy on the passport in blackjack

[edit on 19-6-2009 by mulderscully]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This gets better and better. Thomas Valente the researcher... could be possible.

But I still believe it's about the damn Jericho comic. I mean Blackjack is a comic in the end. And it states: "to be continued"... yeah on monday I guess. The new Jericho comic series.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join