It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you work for free?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Im sorry but you are a slave to your self

this is the problem you focus on ELITES and not YOU.. f# MR o F# the new world order

WE ARE THE NEW WORLD ORDER .. THEY need US more than WE need THEM

We have always had the power, stop being brainwashed into thinking they have it

We are the system NOT THEM

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
the best way to kill of this cancer we call greed we have to respect each other and give more

Stealing from those who are earning their own living is NOT respecting them. It's just stealing from the productive to give to the unproductive.

why take?

Why take from those who actually work for a living? That's theft.

why not share?

With who? The corrupt gov'ts around the world? 'Redistribute' my hard earned money to put into the hands of corrupt gov'ts? BULL!

it scares some people at the concept of being the same as others..

Wake up.

Turning us all into robot slaves to the state is NOT healthy for anyone.

Punishing the productive and bringing down the successful all in order to make the unproductive and unsuccessful feel better is NOT progress and it is NOT healthy for the world.

Those who want wealth need to work for it and not steal it from others.

Communism doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Im sorry but you are a slave to your self

Psychobabble.

When a person works hard to earn a living they have a right to their own wages.

Period.

If people in Somolia want a better way of life then they have to work for it.

Stealing my money and handing it to thugs who run countries is wrong.

It's slavery.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I like how you took all my words out of context.. turning us all into drones?

YOUR ALL READY A DRONE !!!!

i mean what part of MONEY do you not understand? what part of goverment as a concept do you not understand?

do one thing for me... take the time to go and watch ants.. then you will understand why this thing you call EARTH is in a mess

you are a collective bunch of .....

you talk to me as if your free, free of what? money? choice? passport? bank details? Job?

tell me what i am missing here please because you make out like being you is so different than being me

WE made this cracker crap # we live in WE DID IT not the ELITES WE DID

we LET THEM THINK AND DO have the power? why?

YOUR LAZY that is why you go shoping becaouse you wont get of your rear end and hunt your food

have you ever hunted for your own food? EVER?

please /.///

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I do not find your insults insulting but i do wish to point out T+C when you do so please...

I pointed out that the miss understanding of this is very funny and yes you can go off on a "im a slave" trip

You are a slave. you are a drone

apples pears..

its up to you what drone you wish to be... one who is content or one who will freely do for others as you with them to do to you

now feeel free to take my words and twist them so you can be right and im wrong...

its human nature to do so

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

It's not greed that's the problem - greed is an effect, the cause of which is distrust. People planted the seed of greed when they forgot to cultivate the seed of trust, the result is a race of beings holding on to everything they have and accumulating more than they need because they're scared of not having and they think that if they dont secure themselves their necessities then someone else will naturally take it all for themselves, leaving them destitute.

Unfortunately the seed has grown into a massive garden, the one in which we now find ourselves. From where we now stand you can all agree that to do a 180 turn right now would be very difficult, each person to scared to let go because they're unsure of whether reciprocation will actually rear it's head as they hope and pray it will.

I hate to say it but.. I think it's time we all started considering taking a step out of the boat, before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I do not find your insults insulting but i do wish to point out T+C when you do so please...

I've been here 5 years and I know the T&C well.
I did not insult anyone. I stated fact. Your post was just psychobabble.

BTW ... you are the one screaming 'you are a slave .. you are a drone'

So you'd best go look in the mirror before you start pulling out the T&C.

Again - Communism doesn't work. Theft from the productive to reward those that are not productive doesn't work. It's not healthy for anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Those who want wealth

and you wonder why your in this crap .... oh boy .. Wealth

Tell me what did you have when you was born? tell me what you will take with you when you die

NOTHING...

you need to wake up to the fact your brain washed in to thinking money and wealth mean something

The very attitude your spouting is the reason we have poverty greed corruption

wealth.. pfft

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

well the word you use is in fact an insult
i suggest you look it up...

The topic is about working for free... not communism, i think you are confusing the two aspects here....

and i do not care if you have been here longer than me i will state words you use in a manner that is correct and i did not shout you are drones i put it caps so may be you would get a clear picture of how hypercritical your own post are on this subject..

you cant have it both ways sorry

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan I see where you're coming from but I think you're failing to realise that the concept of "wealth" or "being wealthy" must needs create a category of people that are "poor". Wealth is a interesting concept, only seen by contrast. You must realise that you can only be wealthy and seek wealth as a desire by standing on the heads of your neighbours. If we were all wealthy then we wouldnt be wealthy, we would just be.

I hope you understand the concept to which you've subscribed to, and realise full well the fruit of that concept, which can only end in division between yourself and the people around you. You can see just how strongly people desire to be wealthy when you see the way everyone is acting in the current economic climate. It's going to become a lot more brutal soon too...

[edit on 6/17/09 by mortalengine]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

agreed its going to be hard a as nut to get out of this downward spiral we find our self in right now..

We cant go on for ever just playing monopoly its just not going to work.. sooner or later we have to face the real truth that god is not coming to save us nor are the little aliens.. the only people that can fix this mess is the human race

As you can see by some posts.. being wealthy and working for it is a good reason to keep the game going..

The game always ends ALWAYS.. and post like that are some what, well i wont say but i just think that mentality is part of the problem in relation to the topic at hand

working is not about wealth but about a collective goal

some think of it individually and that i snot a bad thing.. but what is the human races job?

to do nothing? because right now 6 billion people have no goal what so ever...

lets get of this crappy rock please

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
picture this, your company is not doing well, but you have 30 employees. The atmosphere is like that of a family. You have the choice to either lay off 10 of the 30, or ask everyone to work a week without pay. The workers have the choice to either help out those 10 friends who will be without pay for much longer than a week, or be selfish and hope they are not one of the 10. Now how would you answer? Could you make a few consessions to get by without a paycheck for a week? I think all of us could. Not without a bit of hardship, but sill survive.

When I started in the vocation I am in now, I started working for free in my spare time to learn the things I did not know. After a while I started to get paid for a bit of my work. It was always appriciated and I felt good that I was learning and helping out a struggling friend.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
well everybody already works for free MONEY DOES NOT EXSICT food should naturally be free are you telling me that a animal (human is a animal) cannot be born and live on this earth unless it labours for a company and they feed them basically

you dont see animals doing this soon wen were all chipped we will be working for digital money which is invisible the ultimate slave your working a whole week for something u cant see and then you transfer that for food and water

seems like you work for free already

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would be happy to work for free. The problem is no one will let me live in their house for free and feed me or give me free gas so I can get to said job.

The only way we will overcome these problems is when it doesn't cost money to live, only when we are able to feed, clothe, and house everyone will we be able to get rid of our faulty economic systems. The problem is we could do it already, but people would rather live in giant mansions, own entire islands, or build missiles instead. You can't even have a small farm and provide for yourself and possibly even your neighbors anymore because someone will come and steal your home if you don't pay property tax, not to mention you have to pay someone else for water, someone please explain to me how it is not insane that someone is allowed to own all the water, even the rain. It is all a giant scam, and makes me so frustrated.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

correct

Manipulation of the mind is all you have left in the little equation

Star for you sir ! hehe

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

That's a very good point animals get by just fine without money, yet we are unable too. Maybe we are not as evolved as we think.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Abosolutely not! And I wouldn't bend over backwards and allow myself to be worked to the bone and at my employer's beck and call as so many are these days, because they are so lucky to still have a job!
I know so many people who have had really great jobs for the past 5-10 years. Now, with the economy falling apart, if they weren't let go with a nice severence package, have to take a mandatory 1-wk unpaid furlough once a month, or take a pay decrease in order to keep their once great job, they are forced to perform other peoples jobs, their workload has increased by at least 25%, their work schedules no longer have a schedule-they are expected to be "on call" to work day or night, weekdays or weekends, and some are even to work double-shifts!!! If they don't, they will lose their job! So everyone I know is being exploited by their once great job! All the while, their benefits are being either cut or they have to pay more for them, company bonuses have been eradicated, even their employee discounts have been lowered or removed completely! No one is getting an increase in pay for their increase in work and availability, some have even had to take pay reductions!
My job, is MY job! It works for me, otherwise, I don't work!

And no, I would never subject any employee to that kind of treatment. I would never ask anyone to work for free.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

In exchange for my labor, I would work for free IF all my needs where attended to. Housing, food, medical/dental, education/training, entertainment, recreation, clothing, vacations/time-off and reasonable work hours.

I'd be really all for it if it was the Venus project.
www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In the case of BA, I would work for free for one month, since the bossman is working for free for one month. Then again, if I made 60,000 quid a month, it would be easy to go a month without pay.

I will go a step further and say that if I am given for free all the things I currently use money for, I would work the rest of my life for free. However, it is not for free if I am given something in return.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ah, replies to this interesting thread do prove that you indeed are "the system"

We always had troubles realizing truth is in front of them all the time.

But I think the system isn't that bad as some portray it with numerous conspiracies most of which are probably fabricated stories. It's just that, it's failing as any other previous system - it has to.

The elite was always the elite, I think the Roman Empire and its "barbarian" style has survived to this day, evolving into capitalism. Who knows what's next.

But, people - being generous, is not communism. Your virtues are not defined by how hard you work but how much you give and share. You may think you've fully deserved all you've got, but then you are in illusion as most of what you've got is just pure luck and "will of god".

No one should be forced to give or share, no system is good - system is designed to serve the elite, in whatever form it comes. You should build and follow your moral own principles, make them higher than state laws and whatever form of government that's being enforced.

That's my few cent.

Oh, and one more thing. In my country people were working for free for years, god only knows how so many survived. They had to sell their belongings, invest into black market and whatnot just to get money for food. Working free for someone who makes profit is being slave. Sometimes our "system" forces us to do so, it does it with gruesome force too... police, government and army are the only ones who never, ever work for free.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SassyCat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join