It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Bomb Iran" contingent's newfound concern for The Iranian People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The "Bomb Iran" contingent's newfound concern for The Iranian People

www.salon.com

I'm going to leave the debate about whether Iran's election was "stolen" and the domestic implications within Iran to people who actually know what they're talking about (which is a very small subset of the class purporting to possess such knowledge). But there is one point I want to make about the vocal and dramatic expressions of solidarity with Iranians issuing from some quarters in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
After reading this article I found myself remember another thread I posted about being a proud American or should we be ashamed. LOOK! I am a very proud American who is not so very proud of my country and haven't been since the beginning of my understand our history. Don't knock me down or kick me yet but instad hear me out as I explain that the fight that our founding fathers fought so hard is being fought today by another group of people that only wish to taste freedom as we all have come to take for granted. Please read this and post your comments of what you got from this thread. I truly do appreciate it and look forward to hearing form you all.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

It is nothing more than politics as usual. Much of the "support" for the Iranians that is being shown is simply "support" of the toppling of their government. That is the desired outcome here, regardless of how it comes about.

Now, I am speaking about the people who appear to be hypocritical on the issue. As in the government / media outlets who were banging the war drum a few weeks ago calling for the bombing of the country. They are only showing solidarity now because it is still accomplishing their goals.

I think that the majority of the American people genuinely support the Iranian people in their current struggle though. I think there has to be a measure of admiration when a people take to the streets to fight injustice. We as Americans haven't shown that level of solidarity in a long time.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Kudos to you Sir, yes indeed you get it completely
ty for your post

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What they seem to be ignoring is US intelligence reports apparently claiming the election did indeed appear to be fair and Armadinejad won properly, as reported by the BBC.

What you are seeing on the streets is protests by a few hundred thousand out of the 48 Million who voted. Think of the numbers before assuming that some protests equal a stolen election. Armadinejad has alot of support in the rural areas and among the poor, the protests are mainly by the urban rich, who seem to be suffering a case of bad apples.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Too right we do not know.

The media in the west are right scum for the way they try to play the public.

Why didn't they shout foul, when ron paul had his votes stolen?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

"Stemason" Thank you for posting, I respect your opinion. I will point out that is was the BBC that had reported WTC 7 falling 20 plus minutes prior to it actually happening while it was still standing in the live view behind the reporter??? Hmmm. I think the point of the thread was different from what you took form it. I hear ya though...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Why didn't they shout foul, when ron paul had his votes stolen?

Now, that is the point! ALL msm is untrustworthy... If you didn't know that this site wouldn't exist. ty good posting

new topics

top topics

join