It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bismuth Telluride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Apologies, just searced again, and seen there is another thread on this.
Please ignore.

From Science Daily
Link Science Daily

Move over, silicon—it may be time to give the Valley a new name. Physicists at the Department of Energy's (DOE) SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and Stanford University have confirmed the existence of a type of material that could one day provide dramatically faster, more efficient computer chips.

Recently-predicted and much-sought, the material allows electrons on its surface to travel with no loss of energy at room temperatures and can be fabricated using existing semiconductor technologies. Such material could provide a leap in microchip speeds, and even become the bedrock of an entirely new kind of computing industry based on spintronics, the next evolution of electronics.

Thought this was quite interesting, and searched to see if it had been posted but couldnt find it....does this mean a new generation of ultra fast computers?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grifta]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grifta]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
there is a thread on this already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
yeah to my embarrassment, I saw it immediately after I posted

It didnt come up in the search for Bismuth or Telluride though....
Thanks anyway mate!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Bismuth is looking like a better investment everyday.

I'd look for new technology companies who are purchasing it or developing facilities to produce their own crystals. If that company is also buying gold - well then that's even better.

top topics

join