It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the Obamathon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I stumbled on this while reading about something else on latimes.com. I think that many more opinions like this need to go more mainstream media, and it's something our president needs to read himself, as well as whoever encourages his photo op moments. I don't know if all of this "Obama is a cool guy" publicity is to keep our attention away from what is really going on or not, but that needs to stop. This country is going down the toliet, and people aren't speaking out enough. But at least I'm seeing more of these kinds of opinions seen in news sources other than alternative news sites. It tells me that the lid cannot keep the boiling water in the pot anymore.

I know that people like to see Obama as something to look up to in a modern day leader where there is nothing else, but it's time to face reality as does the president. The way he is going now, he'll just be known in history as the first black president of the united states of america, and that's it. He'll just be another figure for black history month, but in the big picture, he'll either be just another president that did his term with not much accomplished, or he'll bring us down hard. If he want's to make history instead of it being imagined for him or inherited because of his skin color then he needs to step up to the plate. It's his choice, he can either be just a mediocre commander in chief, or he could be one of the greats. Only history will tell.......

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah. I agree with this. He will be just another president. His claim to fame will be that he was the first black president of the U.S., or he will be the president who brought it all down around our ankles. Maybe, just maybe, he will be the first mixed race president who also brought the U.S. to it's greatest pinnacle of freedom and justice for all and that this pinnacle lives on.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
or he will be the president who brought it all down around our ankles.

Where were you this past decade?

Bill Clinton caused this mess and Obama let 9/11 happen

back to the bucket brigade...........

join