It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lilly Sold Drug for Dementia Knowing It Didn’t Help, Files Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- Eli Lilly & Co. urged doctors to prescribe Zyprexa for elderly patients with dementia, an unapproved use for the antipsychotic, even though the drugmaker had evidence the medicine didn’t work for such patients, according to unsealed internal company documents.

www.bloomberg.com...

This is quite some find. There were already people saying it had some bad side effects and risks, and they were being underplayed, here's an old ATS topic on that;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but now we find it doesn't even work for certain cases they were pushing it for? This kind of news really annoys me, as it gives science and medicine a bad name, and just helps the conspiracy theories that they don't care about anything but money.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I competed against this drug when I worked for GlaxoSmithKline with their anti-psychotic Risperdal. I can tell you Risperdal didn't do anything to help dementia patients, but to lighten their wallet and to charge taxpayers for medicare coverage for the drug. GlaxoSmithKline finds creative new ways to create new diseases to keep their drug patent from expiring/going generic. Corrupt bastards. The doctors told me Risperdal didn't work seven years ago, and I can bet they were telling the Zyprexa reps the same thing. Class action lawsuit ahead, and I would be more than glad to testify against them. FYI GlaxoSmithKline also created 'social anxiety' to extend their Paxil patent. Disgusting.

new topics

join