It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama be Truman on Gay Rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So what will Obama do on gay rights? Will he make changes for them that allow gays to have the same kind of rights everyone else does? I sure hope so because I for one am tired of this endless debate. I'm not homosexual myself, but I've always been a supporter for gay rights and would like to see this finally get resolved. I never understood why people believe it's their business to know who is gay, and why people are always getting so bent out of shape on the subject of gay marriage.

I don't care what the bible says on it, it does not have any say on this subject and I don't care what anti-gays have to say because they just need to mind their business about what people do with themselves. This is the 21st century and it's time to finally just let this be a part of our society. This is similar to the civil rights movement of the 1960s, not as big of course, but still a civil rights issue. Whites back then didn't approve of interracial marriages and now things are different. The issue of race was completely stupid, so is this issue of same gender relationships. If Obama were to do anything significant for gay rights, it probably wouldn't have much of a mark on his presidency, but he would bring about a positive "change" somewhere. Another thing, I find it amusing how many presidents Obama gets compared to. First it was Lincoln, then FDR, Bush part II without the stutter, pretty soon they'll just say he's all previous presidents rolled into one. lol

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What rights don't they have besides being able to get married in some states? Last time I checked they have all the same rights as you me and everybody else that is American, they just can't marry the same sex, in some states.

In some states they are allowed to get married, others they aren't. I don't get it? What right's don't they have?

I don't care they can get married or whatever it doesn't bother me, but this is a state issue, the fed should stay out of it.

new topics

join