It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for that Zorgon

But sorry you are cheating here. When Orson Wells broadcast the "War of the Worlds" as far as the people of the US were concerned they were with out any warning under attack.

Disclosure would be a very different matter especially in today sophisticated society.

This will never happen in any meaningful way because as with most secrets and laws it is there not to protect the people but to protect the government.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

But sorry you are cheating here. When Orson Wells broadcast the "War of the Worlds" as far as the people of the US were concerned they were with out any warning under attack.

Orson warned them.

There were repeated disclaimers and warnings as to the nature of the program, many people ignored them...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
ohhh, I don't know about the running and hiding bit. I'll admit that there's a very good chance I could be a little freaked out about the weight of it all, and I'm a person who genuinely believes in extra-terrestrial life. But to finally have the confirmation would be extraordinarily heavy!

If the truth was that they're coming and they're very hostile, then I'd go into panic mode. Which is to say, start planning SOMEthing even if it wouldn't make any difference, it'll at least keep you sane.

But if it was merely an honest confirmation, I don't see why there'd be any reason to be afraid.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

But sorry you are cheating here.

Perhap a tad yes... and we do have years of Hollywood with ET Ewoks, Alien, Predator, Species (HEY that was one of those blonde chicks
)

Disclosure would be a very different matter especially in today sophisticated society.

Sophisticated Society yes my bad forgot about that

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0db76ccfac7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8b84dddb4bd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5a74516e4de.jpg[/atsimg]

But perhaps these groups will have no problem with disclosure

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adc35c27baad.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6d8f5865526.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0876311c451e.jpg[/atsimg]

This will never happen in any meaningful way because as with most secrets and laws it is there not to protect the people but to protect the government.

Not in our lifetime. no

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear Zorgon that was great I really love those photos.

For the first two of them these people will just about never know there was a disclosure as most of them don’t even know that WW2 happened yet. Don’t argue I live among them.

As for the bottom three I really can’t imagine what sort of nonsense they will come up with but in all honesty do any of us really care.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

There may have been disclaimers but not every one listened to the radio none stop to have hared them.

You switch on the radio and apparently the world is under attack from beings from Mars yes we would flip out. Or indeed going running for the ammo.

Disclosure would be an entirely different matter we may still go running for the ammo but not to shoot the aliens just your government and that is why it will never happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Why do you have the notion that by saying earth is under attack you perhaps imagine huge ships shooting and blasting cities. Its obvious that an intelligent race would not attack in that way, they would prefer to speak to the leader amongst nations and strike a deal in order to use the resources at hand. Resources meaning the billions of inhabitants on this planet.

Lets face it, if you did want to wipe out the human race it would'nt be such a difficult task given our current level of knowledge in medicine and cell formation. So the obvious would be to introduce an engineered virus specifically targeted at the human population.

Methods of delivering this virus would be the least of their problems. So i guess a mass attack with lasers stems from years of scifi movies we have all grown up with.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Personally I would like disclosure before I die just because I want to know if my theories are correct or not. Along time ago I saw something in the night sky that can’t be explained even today. I forgot about it for a long time but then something happened and I began to think about it again.

So I began to study the subject and the one question that bothered me was if even some of the stories were true why such a secret?

I think I have an answer and that is why there will never be disclosure I would just like to know if I am right.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

An answer to your disclosure has already been answered, its in the from of denial by the organziations who operate in that field of expansion.

It isn't about disclosure any more, it is about allowing the continuation of our species under guidelines which have been agreed upon.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Dear Tristar

Thanks for that but it is a bit cryptic for me, care to explain?

Do you mean that we are already being governed by ET and allowed to live because we obey their rules? Straighten me out here please.

Best Regards Paul

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

It isn't about disclosure any more, it is about allowing the continuation of our species under guidelines which have been agreed upon.

What do you think some of these guidelines would be?

No-fly zones (in space)? Not allowed to build planet destroying weapons ever again?

Edit: I see the above poster beat me to it. It's your fault for peaking our interest

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yes,

You only need to look at the ISS and the nations involved in maintaining the continuation of its operation. Terms were you either evolve together or you do not evolve at all.

Our metaphorically speaking business card was handed out when we first detonated repeated Atomic testing devices and later used them upon our own selves.

Ever since that day, they chose to make themselves known and to clarify that you now belong and will be policed by a higher intelliegence.

This is why there was such a surge of sighting's and continue to this date by people across the world who have no direct contact with one another. There is really no need for disclosure, as i mentioned, the answer has already been answered for you by the denial of organizations who operate in that field of expansion.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I will give that a lot of thought and thanks for it.

However I think you really should start a new thread as for sure this is a subject that needs to be covered.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Thank You,

As for opening a thread, well i already interact with other people in another closed group on a secure site were we only document and evaluate data which is handed down, some are civilians and some are not.

But there are several people within this site who do have above average knowledge with data which they present and do stand out from the rest. They can be easily found throughout the site and are always a breath of fresh air when they activate a thread or participate.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The thing that I still do not get in this whole "What if aliens Attacked" scenario...

is, Why?

What possible purpose would they have to attack human beings?

I mean if its resources... there are less habitated planets by the freaking BUCKETFULL out there.

Logistically speaking, there is no rason to attack or subvert a society that is so far beneath you.

That would be like US trying to attack or subvert oceanic sponges or something.

IT really would not make any sence.

They have better technology, so stealing ours would be a waste of resources.

They have matter / energy manipulation, so harnessing humans for labor would be completely backwards.

They have space travel, so picking OUR planet for resources would be unnecessarily problematic, and frankly, a waste of effort.

Heck, at that level of technology, they could probably harnesses plasma streamers from a stars corona to gain all the different elements that they want.

IF they need biological material, why would they take humans, when they could just as easily clone a couple thousand of us ad nauseum without the mass of humanity ever being the wiser.

Truly, war between humans and advanced Intelligent life, beyond us in technology has absolutely no purpose.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

What if most of the Extra Terrestrials were actually humans...

....then all of the stuff you just mentioned would make sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Dear Tristar
Thanks for that but it is a bit cryptic for me, care to explain?

Cryptic? Have you seen his avatar?

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Orson warned them.

The warnings were posted during the first part of the program when they knew most people would be listening to the other station that ran a popular show. When the other show ended people would hop channels (there was no TV you trusted radio back then) So the war 'escalated at the top of the hour.

They did not expect such a drastic result, but the purpose was to draw listeners from the other station. It was like the WKRP turkey release
"Well I didn't know they couldn't fly"

Originally posted by Exuberant1
What do you think some of these guidelines would be?

No-fly zones (in space)?

Yes
Moon is off limits
We cannot leave the solar system

[edit on 13-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
cheers to zorgon and bobdown under.

re read my initial posts. i said no insult intended and no troll. i want that known by the people who DO insult me.

if roughly 90% of you cant even handle THIS thread question how could you emotionally contemplate ET disclosure? well,you wouldnt be able to. the fact and message remains grim and clear.there IS A BIG difference between having all the jim marrs books,telling people youve seen black triangles and being sat down and told 'we are NOT alone'. either from 'we have 5 minutes left','we have been contacted by..',to 'we have found signals/artifacts', the shock and terror will be so STARK,YOU will freak beyond measure.

and IF the government DOES read ATS,this would be a great poll test for them. 90% of you helped push disclosure ever further away...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

I do believe i have answered your question and others in regards to disclosure. Do you need it coming from some news agency for it to be valid, if yes, then your in for a long wait, perhaps not even in your life time, hows that for reality.

If you only stop to think and use those billions of neurons currently firing away as you read this post you will have noticed that your answer has been answered. Disclosure has already happened, you need to move beyond that level and acquire a sense of understanding that we have officially a docking port in space, although crewed with obvious room for development that cannot be dismissed by default for the fact that you or hundred's of thousand's require visual confirmation of what is already known and accepted.

A small eyeopener. Take the time to investigate all space administrations across the world who are planning future maned and unmanned space missions have ONE common denominator.

You only need to clear your head of the garbage that has been put out over the decades about aliens and ufo's to see what exactly is going on right in front of your very eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I must protest. I could most assuredly handle UFO disclosure. And if trouble comes my way , it invariably wanders off wishing it hadnt bothered.
All the fear based pathetic weaklings, all those with guts full of cotton wool, and minds so burdened by paranoia... well those people can do what they like, and cause as much havok in thier mania as they please. I am made of tougher crap than that, and Im not on my own in that.
If there are riots in the streets, they will be broken up. If there is mass panic, then all the freaking idiot cretins driving hell for leather for a cave in the mountains someplace, will die by driving in an insane fashion. About this, and the people involved , I dont give a flying damn. Theres something Darwinian about fools arriving at enlightenment , and fleeing reality unto thier doom .
There will be people (the ones who have capacity to learn new things, and enjoy discovery) who stand in the chaos calmly , waiting for the next inevitable chapter in the story of earth, those who live on her, and those who visit. I for one cant wait to see where its going .

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join