It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to Supremes: We are Above the Law. Supremes to Obama: Go Pound Sand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The Obama Administration argued Monday that no court, including the Supreme Court, has the authority to hear a challenge by Indiana benefit plans to the role the U.S. Treasury played in the Chrysler rescue, including the use of “bailout” (TARP) funds. The Indiana debt holders, U.S. Solicitor General Elena Kagan wrote, simply have no right to raise that issue, thus putting it out of the reach of the courts.

Although arguing that the courts may not rule on the validity of Treasury’s decision to shore up a new Chrysler company with funds from the Troubled Assets Relief Program, the Solicitor General did argue that those funds may go to a troubled auto company, and not just to banks or other regular financial institutions.

Read the whole thing here: Zero Hedge

I suggest you read the entire post in that link before responding.

It's not a surprise to me that the Executive Branch of the United States government thinks it is more powerful than the other branches these days... With the Legislative Branch having an orgasm any time Obama looks in their direction, with our Treasury (which is part of the executive branch) having pretty much destroyed and enslaved our economy. It was just bound to happen that they got pig headed

Let's review the basics of The United States Checks and Balances System:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10be1f4ada2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyone else really want to punch the Executive Branch in the face for over stepping its bounds!?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Either Obama is a complete idiot who hasn't got a clue how government really works (which is very possible) ... or he's a little meglolamiac dictator wannabe who is building his empire and seriously overstepping his authority (also very possible).

I say ... he's both. He has no freak'n clue how gov't works AND he's building his kingdom. (the big clue there is that he moved the census from the treasury to the White House .. MAJOR power grab).

No Change.
No Hope.
No Unity.
No Transparancy.
No Truth.

Get used to this -
Obama

Folks, we are living in Animal Farm. Obama is Napolean.
(Napolean the character from the book)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Anyone else really want to punch the Executive Branch in the face for over stepping its bounds!?

That's funny. Sometimes I feel like that as well, but there are a lot of faces in the Executive branch. I think we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Great OP, S+F...

We seriously need to see this kind of stuff on the MSM, but I know that is a pipe dream... We may see a short segment, but nowhere as in depth as the dumbed down people need their news to comprehend.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Of course none of us is surprised that Obama scratched the backs of the UAW, they sure got their union people behind him with votes and dollars. Admittedly I am not too well versed in bankruptcy and corporate stuff, but to deny the pensions access to their debt, and then to give the money to the union is past wrong!

This guy has more balls than the Chicago Bulls with this move. How the hell can any president tell the SOTUS what to do? The problem is too many Americans don't even understand the checks and balances of our government..in a recent survey (wish I could remember where I saw this) most American's can't even name the three branches of government! Herein lies the problem, most of the Obamatons don't realize just how far off the mark he really is.

One other point...this guy is always rushing things. If there is anything that most of us know about the government is they move slowly! Yet the new POTUS feels he can give the call to charge and his troops in the Congress and Senate just follow the call and vote.

Ron Paul in 2012!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Arrogant, megalomaniac, narcicisstic, and frightening. He has an agenda that would never be accepted by the citizens if he laid it all on the line honestly, so he is arrogantly and desparately rushing this evil hoping it will happen before enough eyes are opened.

I am speechless that so many Americans were hypnotized by his empty speeches and "promises"; were they so desparate for someone to believe in to not see through this man and and his true intentions?

Rant over,...for now.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the CZARS ...? how many are there.. ?

DID you know they answer to no one.. except the PRez...
they can also be granted excutive power under certain situtations
POWER GRAB?
crazy idea just come to my head.. sorry i am going to type it the way it comes to me .. outline kind of..

Swine FLU March April ...
More money granted ... for bailout , stimulus etc...
Swine flu loses its lime light... but still highly active
CZARS left and Right ... more than any other prez 14 -16
Blah blah more drama in the white house
chenney vs idk who, newt vs palin , cia vs pelosi

fast forward...
has the CZARS in place and we all know the economy is probably not gonna do any better and time soon

today - WHO is meeting and if they do declare .. what does that mean

if martial law goes in place and they us Health Protection Act which grants the order of a "Health commission " to run the states or country until everything is restored for the first 30 or 60 days not sure..

now connect the dots czars + lvl 6 pandemic =

this is just a thought ... i do not believe this is going to happen but merely a theory .. just like to put puzzles together ..

thank you all

PEACE LOVE ENLIGHTENMENT

new topics

top topics

join