It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: “I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11. But let us be clear: al Qaeda killed nearly 3,000 people on that day. The victims were innocent men, women and children from America and many other nations who had done nothing to harm anybody. And yet Al Qaeda chose to ruthlessly murder these people, claimed credit for the attack, and even now states their determination to kill on a massive scale. . . . These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with."
Source

There you have it. I guess it doesn't matter if you're Republican or Democrat, the powers-that-be can make anyone tow their agenda.

Jesse Ventura for President!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think this comes from biden and the thermite video.

Did you guys see that vid, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It seems to me that perhaps President Obama (and perhaps all presidents) had an unclear preconception of the depth of his responsibilities prior to him being sworn in. That doesn't account for campaign promises not realized -- if the continue to not be realized -- but it might account for some things said that turn out to be different once taking office.

Perhaps President Obama said what he did because he realizes now the extremely far-reaching tenticles of the 9/11 conspiracy. In other words, he might've wanted to push for a 9/11 investigation prior to becoming President, but now........ well.............. there are possibly buddies and special interest involved. Sooooooooooooooooo, let's tow the "company" line, and reinforce it. After all, we gotta stay with Afganistan and others, smite the Al Queda.

I really, honestly, don't see a hell of a lot of difference between this and the previous administration, and I'm disappointed. One major difference I DO see is the outreach to some of the Middle East nations. I hope it works. I have to stand behind what Obama is trying to do, even though I question if it's the right way to go. I have to stand behind it, because the alternative is too horrifying to contemplate. PLEASE let it work. If he can influence the various nations into NOT blowing us all up, then I will become his biggest fan.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How can he put the blame totally on Al-Qaeda with a straight face?!

Oh yeah, I forgot...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sorry and seriously, but Obama is on the way to become one of the biggest and most unabashed liars in history.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
We are children being told what to think, how to think, what the important issues are, what we can be debate or not.
We are underage and are forbiden to listen to grown people discussion.

All of you in this thread, stop playing the wise guy or you'll be given detention. Got it ?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

"I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11. But let us be clear: al Qaeda killed nearly 3,000 people on that day. The victims were innocent men, women and children from America and many other nations who had done nothing to harm anybody. And yet Al Qaeda chose to ruthlessly murder these people, claimed credit for the attack, and even now states their determination to kill on a massive scale. . . . These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with."

Personally I think there may be a hint here from Obama, that he knows what really happened and that we are right.

The hint is this:

I am aware that some question or justify the events of
9/11

"justify"....a very strange word for him to use there. Almost doesn't make sense.

What is there for the world to justify with regards to the events of 911?

The only people that would need to justify 911 would be the perps, is he saying this to those in the establishment that are trying to reconcile their consciences?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think in regards to justification Obama is referring to some people in the middle east who do not necessarily disagree with what happened on 9/11.

In other words, some people think America deserved it after the meddling it had done in the middle east.

I think that's what Obama was referring to, although you do raise an interesting point.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

edit for being a dope and not reading it properly!

Got it now!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It kind of raises a red flag for me when he puts those who "question" 9/11 and those who "justify" it in the same category like that. Doesn't it seem strange to anyone else? So if I question what my government tells me, I'm just as bad as someone who justifies doing this to us?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think Al Qaeda is fictitious and created to accomplish their goals. 1st they were only in Afghanistan, then they were everywhere, and today? Anyone could be a terrorist according to them. Anyone else see the progression? What is it going to be like 5 years from now?

Al Qaeda and the economy. Peace and security. Even some generals are starting to question if Osama really exists and why we haven't caught him using heat signatures and all the different kinds of technology we know and don't know about. He doesn't exist. Yeah, yeah, I know, we all saw him in videos proclaiming his next threat. Can anyone say, "actor?"

The only ones attacking this country are the ones who do not defend it. There are no cave dwellers planning their next attack.

We got Saddam as he was hiding how many feet underground and we can't get Bin Laden after almost 9 years? Someone, somewhere would have talked by now close to him. I don't care how close their group is, someone would have penetrated the group by now and set Bin Laden up.

He or Al Qaeda don't exist. But "peace" and "security" sure do, don't they?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ah man... Obama just ruined it for me. Whenever anyone, especially our dictator, tells me what to think, it compels me to think exactly opposite. Now I've gotta believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy not related to Al-Qaida.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyone who has read my prior posts knows that I'm no fan of Obama, but maybe he said that because it is true? I'm not saying that it is impossible that the government knew something was imminante and had every intention to use a terrorist attack as a reason to curtail civil rights (patriot act) or wrongfully invade Iraq, but why couldn't Islamic terrorist be resposible for 9/11?

They tried and failed in the early 90's. I don't see why it's so hard to imagine that terrorist committed a terrorist act.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I don't see why it's so hard to imagine that terrorist committed a terrorist act.

Maybe because all available evidence suggests otherwise?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Anyone who has read my prior posts knows that I'm no fan of Obama, but maybe he said that because it is true? I'm not saying that it is impossible that the government knew something was imminante and had every intention to use a terrorist attack as a reason to curtail civil rights (patriot act) or wrongfully invade Iraq, but why couldn't Islamic terrorist be resposible for 9/11?

They tried and failed in the early 90's. I don't see why it's so hard to imagine that terrorist committed a terrorist act.

Your fairly new here so I'm going to offer a little advice.

Don't try and use logic for your arguement that terroists could have been the culprits. You will just get flamed for 3 pages.

Let them all just pat each other on the back and regurgitate all the "evidence" they say they have found. Your kind of logic will not be tolerated in 9/11 conspiracy threads.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11.

I like how he puts "question" and "justify" together like that, as if they are the same thing.

Justifying 9/11 - Nutjobs who got us into this mess in the first place.

Questioning 9/11 - Patriots.

That sentence was carefully orchestrated in order to equate those who question the true events of 9/11 with radicals and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yeah I posted this before it ended up in Political Breaking News!

Link

I will copy my comment...

I happened to be watching "Hardball" and Chris Matthew cited a poll that some 2/3rd 3/4 of the Arab street believes that somehow the Jews are responsible for 9/11.

He said something to the effect that (paraphrasing) Otherwise normal sane smart professional people ACTUALLY believe this! He was incredulous.

Don't get me wrong I am not pointing a finger of blame at anyone especially the Jewish people.

Obama then went on to equate this type of thinking with Holocaust denial! That one has been used so often and is soooooooooo tired. But it still works in the West.

I saw this speech as a shot across the bough of 9/11 truth and Obama recruiting young Arab intellectuals to a new world view. A view that the American's are the "good guys".

S&F nonetheless!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Are you sure?

Law-enforcement officials were told that terrorists were building a bomb that was eventually used to blow up the World Trade Center, and they planned to thwart the plotters by secretly substituting harmless powder for the explosives, an informer said after the blast.

The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomb and supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off by an F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer, Emad A. Salem, should be used, the informer said.

The account, which is given in the transcript of hundreds of hours of tape recordings Mr. Salem secretly made of his talks with law-enforcement agents, portrays the authorities as in a far better position than previously known to foil the Feb. 26 bombing of New York City's tallest towers. The explosion left six people dead, more than 1,000 injured and damages in excess of half a billion dollars. Four men are now on trial in Manhattan Federal Court in that attack.

~~more from same article~~

The transcript quotes Mr. Salem as saying that he wanted to complain to F.B.I. headquarters in Washington about the bureau's failure to stop the bombing, but was dissuaded by an agent identified as John Anticev.

"He said, I don't think that the New York people would like the things out of the New York office to go to Washington, D.C.," Mr. Salem said Mr. Anticev had told him.

Another agent, identified as Nancy Floyd, does not dispute Mr. Salem's account, but rather, appears to agree with it, saying of the New York people: "Well, of course not, because they don't want to get their butts chewed."

New York Times 10/28/1993

The '93 bombing was every bit as dirty and wraped in the stench of false flag as the 2001 "attack". Some accounts state directly that not only was the fake material not secretly given to the bombers, but that the bombers were actually instructed to not only build the bomb using real materials given to them by the FBI, but that they were also instructed on how and when to place the bomb to avoid security.

There is much more information easily had on google if you are interested.

As far as the word "justified" I agree with kiwifoot It is an odd choice of word for the second greatest speaking president we've ever had, and it just feels out of place. I don't buy the justfication foreign sympathysers as an explanation. He was speaking to Americans about an American event and he may have commited a gaff or purposefully dropped a hint as suggested, I'm not sure which, it could be nothing but like I said it feels out of character.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Let them all just pat each other on the back and regurgitate all the "evidence" they say they have found. Your kind of logic will not be tolerated in 9/11 conspiracy threads.

Yes, because your logic that fire brings steel-structured buildings down exactly like controlled demolitions is far superior:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a39ae149b0f6.gif[/atsimg]

Why aren't demo companies using fire instead of wasting money on explosives and manpower? Oh yeah, I forgot. Fires have never brought down steel-structured high-rises before 9/11 or after. Buildings have only ever fallen like the above with precisely placed explosives, period. That's real logic. So real, in fact, that there's no way for you to disprove it.

Now get over your denial and accept the facts or move on, thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Thank you for the article, it was very informative. I don't thing it implies that the first WTC was a false flag, it states that the FBI might have mishandled the investigation into the terror cell that committed that act of terror.

If anything, viewing that article in a light most favorable to the "truth" movement, it fits squarely with what I suggested, i.e. that the goverment let an attack occur to gain political capital for some agenda; however, those actually responsible were in fact Mulsim extremists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join