It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hotel Fire in Rome Claims 3 Lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A fire in a room on the third floor of the Parco dei Principe ai Parioli Hotel has claimed the lives of of one american and a canadian couple. At least five people were treated for smoke inhalation. No cause for the fire has been determined at this time.

ROME, May 1 (Xinhuanet) -- A fire broke out in a luxury hotel in Rome early on Saturday, killing a Canadian couple and an American, local media reported.

The fire broke out around 5 a.m. (0300 GMT) in a room on the third floor of the Parco dei Principe ai Parioli Hotel. Guests in the hotel were evacuated as the blaze spread to other rooms on the floor.

The American man jumped down from the window of the hotel and died, and a Canadian couple were found dead in their room.

Fire officials said at least five people suffered from smoke inhalation in the fire.

Investigations into the cause of the fire were under way. Enditem

Rome hotel fire kills two Canadians, one American

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ROME (AP) - American Andy Roddick, Russian Marat Safin and several other tennis players in Rome for the Italian Open were evacuated from their hotel rooms early Saturday after a fire broke out, killing three people.

A few of the players had their rackets and other equipment damaged and nearly all of them had to rearrange their practice schedules, said Nicola Arzani, the ATP Tour's director of communications.

None of the players was injured, but "they were really scared," he said.

Rome hotel fire forces evacuation of Italian Open tennis players

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A FIRE broke out at a luxury Roman hotel early today, killing an American and two Canadians, fire officials said.

Police took two American women in for questioning because the blaze started in their room, but said they were being treated as witnesses, not suspects.

The fire broke out about 5.15am in Room 305 of the five-star Parco dei Principi hotel near Rome's Villa Borghese park, police and fire officials said.

Smoke and flames spread quickly throughout the floor and to other parts of the hotel, forcing the evacuation of its 350 guests, many of them tennis players in town for the Italian Open, which starts on Monday.

Among the evacuated guests was American tennis star Andy Roddick, ranked No.2 in the world and the No.2 seed at the tournament. Neither he nor any of the other players was injured, tournament organisers said.

Luxury hotel fire kills three

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Andy Roddick was one of several leading tennis players to escape a hotel fire in Rome which killed three people.

World number two Roddick, preparing for next week's Rome Masters, helped a number of guests onto the roof of the five-star Parco dei Principi hotel.

Dutchman Sjeng Schalken and Italy's Filippo Volandri were evacuated on firefighters' cranes.

Marat Safin was also in the hotel, but according to an ATP spokesman no players were injured in the blaze.

"Roddick helped people onto the roof," said ATP communications director Nicola Arzani.

"Several of the players had a real fright. I talked to a few of them this morning and I know that Safin, his trainer and his girlfriend were quite shaken up,"

Roddick caught in blaze

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong but who the mumu cares about this?

Something like that happens every day several times all over the world. People loose their life in car crashes, flames etc - but now as we have some tennis players it is reportable?

Jesus. And shortly after they told us about the 3 who lost their lives ...and then the really important reportworthy information that "A few of the players had their rackets and other equipment damaged and nearly all of them had to rearrange their practice schedules".

Just my opinion but this is no news for ATS this is more news for a local newspaper. There is more important stuff in the world thats not even noted here.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pardon me, but is there any conspiracy aspect to this or is it a post for points?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Pardon me, but is there any conspiracy aspect to this or is it a post for points?

I hope this isn't directed at my post

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Shoo, Not at all! I go back to the original. What does a small fire in a Rome hotel have to do with ATS?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If you're not going to discuss the topic presented, DON'T POST.

Any issues you may have can be directed to the "complain" function at the top left of your screen.

-B.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

If you're not going to discuss the topic presented, DON'T POST.

So ATS will delete half of it's post database now?
- yours as well?

We were discussing about the sense of this post. If criticsm(or better: a different opinion) should stay behind the scenes here, I seriously doubt the credibility of this forum.
And this is no offense against you or Ocelot. I have no bad feelings against you two!

new topics

top topics

join