It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia fears North Korea conflict could turn nuclear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Dooper...thats right. We need to clamp down on those wicked countries like iran. Aggressive countries that have constantly been at war right? After all, they've attacked not a single country in the last 300 years. And who do they use aggressive language to? Oh yeah, only Israel and the US, the only 2 countries who are constantly pushing restrictions and embargo's upon them and threatening them with airstrikes and even nuclear annihilation. Those damn Persians, so damn unreasonable.

More of this please.

NK is not a threat - it is simply being pumped up as a threat to try and justify another unnecessary war to bring a country into line, that is thumbing its nose at the elite controllers.

While NK is definitely building nukes (and good for them!), Iran seems to have such interest - they are building on their diplomatic power as a Islamic ruled nation to focus Arab sentiment and financial power against the military onslaught of the US.

Wake up America - wake up western world - you don't have to believe everything your told.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Despite how much people are saying they are aware - and they have a clue - it continues to shock me how they just believe in the whole "America is good, NK is bad" story.

NK is trying to defend itself from being taken over - they wont let the banks in, they wont let foreign media in.

America is the imperialist aggressive warmongering nation - get used to the idea, no matter how much you might not like it - its the way it is.

The American people aren't - in fact most of them probably couldn't locate North Korea on a global map - heck, many of them probably couldn't locate America. This lack of knowledge of external affairs allows their views to be easily managed to support wars that fit the globalist agenda.

Most Americans would say they are not violent or cruel people. Give them a gun and tell them to walk down the street randomly shooting innocent people and they wouldn't do it - however, tell them that all the people on the street are terrorists and they will do it gladly.

A nuclear armed North Korea might be a catalyst for opposition to the globalist agenda - specifically in the SE Asia region. For citizens it should be considered a good thing - because it may slow the enslavement process.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Silly move by NK, in these hard economic times the US government does not like competition when making and selling arms. The NK might sell them to some country the US doesnt like or is not on thier wepon trading list.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am a Chinese in Hong Kong with Australia passport, I've been studying/living in England, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Brisbane & Sydney. I held a BA in politics, Post-grad in econ, and a MBA. I have Korean friends.

I believe that a nuclear armed North Korea will
1) slow down the democratic process of NK & Asia.
2) give more encouragement & support to any enslavement process at anywhere in the world including globalist.
3) In addition to USA's internal financial problem, more chance for China attack Taiwan while at the same time NK attack South Korea while at the same time Indian Iran....

Don't mix up government(political party) and country(people). USA is not perfect of course, may be not even good, but it has a system that capable to become better. However, if you think that USA government/political system is not already the best in this world, you should read more about NK & Chinese Communist Party.

By the way, Could someone pls kindly tell me which suit (which model of Protective Clothing) do I need if Taiwan or Korea was nuked (I am in Hong Kong, I only got a full face gas mask)?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Wow! What anti-American rhetoric here!

First of all, it is 100% impossible to generalize Americans in the way this poster just did. We have many, many different views. Far more views than any Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian etc, etc, etc.....have.

There are more computers in America than any other country on the planet, and we rank 4th per capita in the world. Americans spend more time surfing the web than most other countries (I couldn't find any statistics on this in order to prove it, but I figure we must spend a hell of a lot of time on the internet, since we have the 4th most pcs per capita) (Nationmaster.com is a great source for this kind of information. They research/gather information on all kinds of statistics about each country, and even site their sources.)

That being said, Americans are much more informed about world events than what this poster would have anyone believe. ESPECIALLY compared to the Chinese, and North Koreans, in which the internet is so totally restricted. In fact, the only people on the planet who may have even more/accurate information than Americans, I would believe Europeans would be the only ones to outrank us.

Pointing out that Americans probably cannot point out North Korea on a map, is just more anti-American rhetoric with no backing up of sources....hell probably with no experience at all in this country and it's people and/or cultures (for there are far more cultures and peoples in this nation than any other nation on the globe.) And saying Americans can;t even point out their own country on the map.....well....that is just plain offensive exageration.

The education system in this country.....despite what you may want everyone to believe, is actually quite impressive. First of all, our colleges and universities are top-notch. No way you can deny that, for our universities are the most desirable institutions of learning in the entire world. Go to ANY college campus in America, walk down the streets near the school, and you can hear any number of languages spoken in just a 5 minute walk. (I live near PSU, which has a student body of over 40,000, and is mostly known for its football program.) And that is only just a single school out of the hundreds....thousands even. So yeah, we have the number 1 higher education system in the world.

We have the number 6 high school education in the world. Now, if you're trying to say that Americans are so dumb, they cannot even locate their own country on the map, then what does that say about the other 250 some countries or whatever that exist, NOT named Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, or Denmark? (If you happen to notice, those top 5 nations are tiny in comparison to the US. The US has 50% secondary attainment rate, with 300 million citizens, compared to only 10s of millions in those other countries.)

Also, if you look up the the approval ratings taken in this country on the war in Iraq, there was less than a 40% approval rating for it. The American people hated us being overseas as much as anyone else in the world. Because of that, we voted the Republicans out of office. If there was a poll taken around the country of a war against NKorea, my bet would be that the majority would be opposed. However, that does not mean the American people would want to take the threat.....YES, the THREAT, posed by North Korea very idly. In fact, not even China.....NKs closest ally.....wants to see them armed with nukes.

Actually, NK has no business having nukes to begin with. They have survived for the past 50 odd years without them. They are "defending" their country against nobody, for noone was threatening to invade them, except whenever they would pursue the production of WMDs. Not saying NK is an evil country, but the puppeteer who is in charge over their brain-washed citizens is potentially a crazy mad man.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, I hope the conflict on the Korean Peninsula doesn't go nuclear, but in the event that it does; what do you all think the ramifications will be? Will it become a world-wide free for all? What do you think the casualty figures will be? Who will drop the bomb on North Korea? Will it even be nuclear, because if it goes conventional it will be a meat grinder? The soldiers are brain-washed and so are the people and they will fight until there is no one left to fight.

Just a complete nightmare any armed conflict with North Korea. Any ideas on potential scenarios because I am very interested in what everyone thinks.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

Hi CONTACT,

Good contribution. I doubt you are in real danger of war, but the advice if you have only a gas mask is wear some full wet weather gear outdoors and discard it before entering your home. Don't go outside for a few days after a blast, or if downwind of explosions. Seal vents. If you go outside shower yourself.

Fallout is like dust. If you can keep out of the fallout until rain settles the dust you will be a lot safer after the rain. Store food and drink before it happens. Store water too.

Because China has now joined the trade embargo of North Korea, things may get resolved peacefully now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think China's backing of sanctions may bring NK to the negotiating table.

The other alternative is that little Kimmy will have a nervous break down

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

it is really ridiculous for you as a BA in politics to think that Chinese mainland will nuke taiwan..
nothing more to say,sigh.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

I think what he means is that the conflict could spin out of control and suck a number of regional countries in. I find that a reasonable concern.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by dooper
They don't understand that with stiffies, negotiation is merely a delaying tactic until they get strong enough to kill again.

Korea and Iran.

Not the same grouping. Iran doesn't even have test nukes yet, let alone a small stock pile building.

It is estimated that NK has half a dozen nukes and enough fuel rods to build another one. Iran has yet to test a nuclear weapon or become capable to build one. I think we still have time to try and talk to Iran to see if some sort of agreement can be made.

Iran hasn't done nearly as much military posturing as NK. When a country tests a nuclear weapon, tests small and long range missiles, and threatens a country it is still technically at war with, with an attack, the time for talks has passed.

I'd say Iran has a couple more steps to go before our options run thin. Iran still has to build them weapon and test it, miniaturize them to fit on weapon systems, and build weapon systems to deliver the nuclear payload. The only thing NK HASN'T done is the miniaturization process. Everything else they have already tested.

After miniaturization, what does NK have left to do in order to pose a nuclear threat to anyone within short range missile range? Nothing. We need to destroy NK as it stands before they can achieve miniaturization. This would allow the country to fire nuclear missiles, not to mention it would allow them to sell this research to every country looking to build nuclear weapons, which is a great deal of countries.

All I am trying to say is North Korea and Iran are not the same ball game. They are two different situations entirely.

I would like to add that IMO one motive to initiate a battle and ruin NK is to prevent Iran from getting NK technology. Same ball game with a pinch hitter that could hit the bankers in Israel

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join