It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

System of a Down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm not a huge rock fan but I've really been getting into SOAD and I was wondering what you all think of them and their music and hell even their politics

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.systemofadown.com...

you wanted to

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yep. Definitly.

Even tho I'm not really into hardcore music, anymore, I still really like SOAD.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

We fought your wars with all our hearts
You sent us back in body parts
You took our wills with the truth you stole
We offer prayers for your long lost soul

The remainder is an unjustifiable egotistical power struggle at the expense of the American Dream...

Beautifully conscious lyrics, 'nuff said.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
System of a Down........rocks like no other. Great tunes. Takes me back 30 years.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
SOAD kicks ass! Thats all I have to say.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Seen them twice, they are excellent, their firts album is far better than their last two though I think. .. Opinions?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i like toxcity more than there outher just seem to me it has a constant rythem to it

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The tracks that stood out are Chop Suey, Aerials, Science, Toxicity, Forest, Psycho and Boom by System of a Down. I also liked the Scorpions tribute that they played, entitled Still Loving You. System of a Down are one of the many bands that I listen to that don't suck.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
been a huge fan of SOAD for about 6 years, one of my favorite bands. I'm really looking forward to their next album, and another tour. Hopefully they'll hit up the smaller clubs again sometime soon.

s/t was their best, IMO, toxicity was excellent, as well though. STA had it's moments, particularly Ego Brains and Roulette, the others shouldn't have been produced as much. I still listen to the leaked tracks from STA more than the mastered ones. Daron's voice is way too in your face on those tracks. When you've got a vocalists like Serj, it's unnecessary.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Also, their lead singer, Serj Tankian, runs Axis of Justice with RATM guitarist Tom Morello, it's worth checking out. It's a non-profit political organization, they've got a ton of interesting stuff on their site.

They've had tents set up last year at Ozzfest and some other festivals giving out free info and stuff like that; hopefully they'll continue to do so this year.

Check it out:

AXIS OF JUSTICE

rock n roll
\m/

[Edited on 15-6-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hey parrhesia, thanks for that link thats really cool. I new that both RATM and SOAD members were very political (obvious) but I did not know of this organization.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
New album expected on January 18/05.

Apparently the title is 'Hypnotize'....

Bad title, IMO. The boys can do better than that, but I guess I shouldn't judge until I hear the album... should only be another month and a bit until it gets leaked.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is good news!
I can't wait!

System Of A Down To Release Two New Studio Albums In 2005. Fans waiting for new music from System of a Down are about to be doubly happy. Aside from 2002's odds-and-ends collection Steal This Album!

Songs Have New Political Relevancy, it's been a long time since we've heard a lick of music from the band, but all that will change in 2005, when the group plans to release two new studio albums. The albums � titled Hypnotize and Mesmerize � are scheduled to hit record stores six months apart, with Hypnotize bowing in late first quarter 2005 and Mesmerize due in late summer or early fall, according to System's spokesperson. Frontman Serj Tankian explained that the decision to release two albums of new music was born out of sheer necessity.

"We didn't chase this idea, it chased us," he said in a statement. "When we started recording, we were focused on making every song the best it could be. Doing a two-album set never entered into our thought process. But when we looked at all the songs we had and arbitrarily tried to choose 'the best' 14 for one album, we realized we had two albums' worth of really great songs."

The band is currently holed up in a Los Angeles recording studio finishing vocal tracks for both albums. Rick Rubin, who produced both the band's self-titled 1998 debut and 2001's Toxicity, is helming the sessions, with help from Tankian. And while there are no track lists currently available, Tankian gave fans an idea of what they can expect from the new tunes.

"There has been a great deal of upheaval [and] very troubling times for all of us over the past year or so, and that has brought forth a lot of emotional material," he explained. "There's a good amount of social commentary in the new songs, as well as songs where we deal with love, reminiscing, relationships, politics and funny experiences." -MTV.com

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They are ugly musically and physically and they bathe infrequently.

So I will see them at a Big Day Out in the third week of Jan or so for the hell of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Have fun, MA. BDO is normally a good show.

Hopefully they'll be going on a large tour early next year.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
System of a down kicks ass! I own all of their albums, love em to death!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Early tour dates for the coolest Armenians on the planet:

System of a Down 2005

Now, if I could just get an advance copy of the new stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
STEADY, GROOVY, MELODIC, FAST

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry cant stand em they aint my style.

new topics