It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opps! NASA forgot to remove the color from this moon picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just finished watching Moon Rising movie and it got me interested in what the actual moon color may be. Well after not much searching at all I found a NASA photo of the moon that looks very similar to the depiction of the moon color found in the Moon Rising video.

hubblesite.org...

This got me thinking about the recent hubble telescope repair, that they will now be using to photograph the moon. What a perfect way for them to disclose all the lies without every having to admit they had been covering it up. Imagine they install a brand new camera, have all the news agencies cover this, so that it stays in the public mind. When they point the camera at the moon, "Oh look, thanks to this new technology we have found life on the moon." Most will just be in amazement, and never question how long they have covered it up.

What do you think?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think that all of those who see things, space-ships and alien buildings in 4x4 pixels blown-up portion of the photo of the moon's surface will be utterly disappointed

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
that's nothing like any moon pic I've ever seen, looks more like some sort of biological close up photo..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This image in color is from the Galileo spacecraft.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL/Galileo Spacecraft
From thelivingmoon

And check out the superb color image from Mike Degan who took the Moon's image with a Skywatcher 250px 10" reflector and a SC1 mode Toucam pro 2 camera:

thelivingmoon.com...

Amazing pics, what?

Cheers!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The picture you posted is not true color as different scientific filters have been used for each color channel. The large file with titles states what filters have been used.

For red- Hydrogen alpha and nitrogen 2
For green- Oxygen 3
For blue - Near UV

It is useful in astronomy to use filters to highlight different elements to aid study.

Similar filters are used for nebula's in astronomy and here are two examples.

'True Colour'

'False colour' using H alpha, S2 and O3 filters

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Nice work, Mike. I was gonna post the same image too
The Moon has been stared at, observed and photographed from earth for years. It's color isn't really in dispute. The implication is that somehow NASA are hiding the 'Truth' about the color of the Moon. Orange, yellow, blue, brown, grey and black are all recorded colors from different areas.

I wonder if NASA are concealing the 'Truth' that the Moon is actually full of green valleys?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Someone trained in the use of colours will call the colours of the photograph 'warm greys'. Greys are split into two groups; cold and warm.

Warm greys appear to have a greenish hue while cold greys have a hint of blue. It is to do with reflected light landing on a surface and the filters on a lens.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here is another pic

www.atalaia.org...

Also if you look at the process you have to go through to get that picture its in the link below.

www.atalaia.org...

Trying to make out NASA is again hiding things well, lots of amatuer astronomers know how to get this type of shot, its only the NASA haters that blow these things out of proportion.
Your eyes see light using a different process from film or digicams when you look at the Moon you see what you see.
We dont have 10" scopes stuck to face and the image on our retina sent to photoshop or other software.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the interesting links, Kandinsky!

Regarding the color of the moon, I also have some information I would like to share. This is from the "APOLLO 11 ONBOARD VOICE TRANSCRIPTION", and here is what the astronauts had to say about the color of the moon:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3922b162228.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fb853684912.jpg[/atsimg]
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

The Apollo 11 astronauts "voted with the 10 crew", so let's take a look at what they had to report about the color of the moon. This is from the "Apollo 10 Photo Debriefing":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc91eb5b22df.jpg[/atsimg]
ntrs.nasa.gov...

The Apollo 10 astronauts mentioned two photos, frame 5149 and 5079, which come close to show the real color of the moon "without the green tints which are apparant in some of the color film":

AS10-34-5149:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9cf7a029892.jpg[/atsimg]

AS10-34-5079:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9cf7a029892.jpg[/atsimg]
Both images and more color photos of the moon's surface can be found here:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

It is also interesting to see this space suit:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0a3956692d0.jpg[/atsimg]

This space suit was worn on the Moon by an Apollo 15 astronaut in 1971. Moon dust is still visible on the legs and boots.

www.nasm.si.edu...

In the above picture the moon dust on the space suit seems to be brown. And look at the website of former Apollo astronaut and artist Alan Bean. Strangely enough the moon behind him look very brown, doesn't it?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b771080e6e35.jpg[/atsimg]
www.alanbeangallery.com...

So is the moon grey? Or is it really brown?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008its only the NASA haters that blow these things out of proportion.

There is no reason NASA should be presenting false color images, as TRUE colors, of anything, especially since WE are paying for it.

The most egregious examples are their ridiculous false red colored Mars images. Extending that kind of fraud to moon images is not much of a stretch.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Riposte]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wait a second. Nasa is so good at covering up secrets that they have now been hiding the true color of the moon as well?!?! Seriously?

Nasa must be some sort of evil genius organization or something. I mean, the conspiracies they are accused of covering up on here daily would involve hundreds/thousands of people and multiple countries. Simply amazing control they have over these people.

But thank goodness for the internet. Thanks to the internet we can now tune into a new NASA video daily where the good folks seeking the truth can point out dozens of swarming UFOs, structures on the moon, C3PO's head on the moon....you name it they find it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Superb post Ziggy, that's how it's done! Lot's of information and I don't remember reading that discussion on color before. The brown-dusted suit really adds to the ideas that it's brown. The Mare Mare Serenitatis (where they landed) is certainly brown in parts...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02401906be35.jpg[/atsimg] Link

Other digital images provided by others confirmed exactly what had already been learned. The lunar Maria show shades of brown and blue. They are definitely not grey. M. Tranquillitatis is blue and this overflows into a band of colour flowing into and along the eastern edge of M. Serenitatis, whose central area is a yellow-brown. The blue colouration of the maria basalts is put down to their high titanium content. The brown coloration is due to the later out-flowing of iron-rich lava.

The Apollo 17 crew landed in the East of the M. Serenitatis and found orange soil from volcanic activity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/778cabbc5cf9.gif[/atsimg]

I spent a day reading up on all this last year after John Lear (IIRC) implied somewhere that 'orange soil' had been covered up by NASA

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

But thank goodness for the internet. Thanks to the internet we can now tune into a new NASA video daily where the good folks seeking the truth can point out dozens of swarming UFOs, structures on the moon, C3PO's head on the moon....you name it they find it.

Ahem...if you look near the bottom right corner of the 'orange soil' image I posted...there's clearly an 'alien face' or C3PO head. It must be a NASA whistleblower who's actually showing us that Hoagy is right and that the Star Wars movies are in fact documentaries.

I'll never doubt a NASA conspiracist again...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thanks for that very informative post ziggy!
You've really got the knack of digging things up, what?

Ok, here's Moon rock 002:

Courtesy: Programmable Technologies

Moon Rock 003:

Moon rock 004:

Courtesy: John H. Payne Hall

Now someone will turn around and say it's actually gray but it looks brown as these pics have been taken through filters! Jeeez!

Cheers!

www.klabs.org...
astronomy.browardearthsciences.org...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WOW! So now I'm really confused what color it is actually. Is it Gray, Green, Brown or Orange?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There are countless mineral/chemical compounds that can be present on the surface of the moon.

Those compounds can be of different colors.

However - what color is beach-sand when viewed on a camera? Almost a white/gray color. When you get down closer - it looks a little different. When you get the heavier particles (like in river-sand), it takes on a tan/orange appearance.

You have this lunar dust deposited on top of previous volcanic activity - which means that, under proper magnification, you may get various tints to the reflected/refracted/diffused light off of the surface of the moon - much like looking at something behind a frosted window.

And, honestly - would NASA post stuff that exposes their attempt to cover-up some information..... and leave it on their site for a few years?

I mean.... seriously.

There's a lot of assumptions the 'main stream' community has made about our solar system that are presumptuous and down-right flawed (and they have consistently been proven mistaken in the past) - but this whole "it's a coverup" gets rather old.

There are a lot of questions out there that are answered by people who have nothing more than a degree behind their guess by comparison to the average person - but that by no means constitutes a coverup - it simply means a lot of professionals like to close the floor to questions and evidence prematurely. It's nothing new, and does not constitute a coverup.

That said - I imagine the moon is far more interesting than our textbooks portray it as; but it won't necessarily be a hot tourist location by comparison to the more scenic destinations. It would be more interesting to a geologist or someone wishing to set up mineral processing strategies in less-than-Earth gravity and zero atmospheric conditions (and a vacuum to boot).

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is probably going to sound really dumb, but why if the moon isnt grey, then why from Earth does is appear grey. I mean, through a basic telescope at Saturn its colour isnt different to saturns actual colour. . .

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
WOW! So now I'm really confused what color it is actually. Is it Gray, Green, Brown or Orange?

Well according to this NAVY/Clementine photo used by the USGS its definately GRAY

Same in this version from Apollo 8

ISD_highres_AS11-44-6552Small

And since we all know NASA doesn't 'bend the truth' the Moon is most definitely GRAY

Hope that helps

[edit on 26-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Check out this thread as well

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join