It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the Camps - Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have said it before and i shall say it again, WE NEED TO TAKE BACK POWER FROM THESE EVIL PEOPLE BY FORCE IF NECESSERY! i live in the UK but boy am i glad compared to you poor sods in the USA, and your all armed to the teeth!

i think what is needed here is more than any peaceful protest march,something to give a big warning to your goverment that you will not be treated like cattle,(of course i know they would love that to happen so it would have to be big)I thought WE decided how we want to live our lives not some bureaucrats filling his pockets with our money.

yes wars are bloody and gruesome but think about the future of your children's lives if we let any more of these STUPID laws be passed.

Being in the UK i have to put up with the constant surveillance and stop and search crap and all the other humiliating things but our lot got rid of our guns a long time ago.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Look, let me first say that I voted for Paul. I have no horse in this race so to speak. I wanted to give Barry a chance, I did not like him or trust him, but hey he won. However I am amazed daily at just how stupid this adminstraion is. It is as if they have never lived, seen, or been outside the big cities. Their agents don't do well in the sticks
Look at Waco. Now imagine 10,000 Wacos. See where I am going here. They might get full control of the sheep in NYC or Chicago, but middle America will be impossible. I hope they make those camps cozy....because they are going to end up in them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
I feel for the awakened American people - it's going to get very messy over there - especially as religion is going to be used as a weapon in the coming civil war. Brother will fight brother, families will split, children will be made orphans.

The worst part is - none of it is necessary.

The Para.

The only way religion is going to be used is that unfortunately we will see good people being hanged, and even cruxified in the street as an example that the only messiah is the O.

All the bad things that will happen, which of course have been planned for some time, will embolden the current administration to claim there is no high power because it/he is allowing all of this to happen, and the only one/ones who can save people will be the O, and /or a group of superrich which will be claimed will save the world.

Whether you want to believe it or not things will turn so bad that people will be committing the most horrible deeds you can think of, and those who don't bow down to the O, and /or this group of 7-8 mega-rich elite will be targeted and made as an example.

I am not a really religious person, however, I know the spiritual world exists, and the things i have seen for our future have turned my stomach, and made me sad to the point of almost losing all hope.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
WHY can't everyone see that this unqualified president is a muslim radical. he is destroying the country from the inside out.
think about these questions...i'll let you answer them yourselves.
1 who was the first phone call he made to after it was elected?
2 where was the first television appearance after the inaguration?
3 who's rights does he fight for?
4 who's rights does he take away?
5 what economy is he desparatly trying to crash,so he can institute a global currancy?
6 who paid for his harvard education?
7 how did he get into pakistan years ago with his friends,when american passports were not being allowed in the country?
8 why does he always get a pass on the things and people he's involved with?
9 why is he weakening the defences of our country?
10 why are the rights of the prisoners at gitmo,more important than ours?
11 why has ,in the first 100 days,borrowed us into oblivion?
12 why do the british hate him?
13 why did he bow to the saudi king?(see question 6)
14 why is it that every day he goes to new lengths to take more from us?
15 why does he blame bush for everything,and continue what bush started,but on the fast track?
16 wasn't he raised muslim?
17 why does he pretend ther is NO constitution?
18 why does the acting president,and congress,constantly commit treason? and with a pat on the back?
19 why does he completly own the media,almost as if they have been promised paradise,or threatened into compliance?
20 WHY THE HELL DONT WE STOP HIM?

600 old,out of touch governmental officials,300,000,000 pissed off americans.
if we act,they may just see it our way.
stop bending to the divide and conquer routine.we can work our problems out after these traitors have paid the price for what they have done.
STOP LISTENING TO THEM TELLING YOU THAT YOU SHOULD HATE.
WHEN WE'RE BEING ROUNDED UP,WE'LL ALL BE FRIENDS...COUNT ON IT

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The way I see it is,that was a very stupid remark for Obama to make. It wont happen in the US without several states succeeding immediatly. Its specifically covered in Georgias sr 632 and I dont even want to think what Texas or Tennesee would do. This should do incredible harm to Obama and should be widely publisized to expose his dictatorialship tendencys to all.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:
I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.
II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.
III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.
IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.
V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.
VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and
That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government.

www.legis.ga.gov...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
so I am not too worried as this is just talk...

It always starts with talk .. then moves to action.

But the talk should scare you. What a persons soul is full of .... the mouth spews. You can see where Obama's head is at by what he talks about.

by cautiouslypessimistic -Notice none of this is getting even the slightest amount of media attention. "

I can just see Chris Matthews trying to spin this!
The MSM are nothing more than propaganda machines. They are mostly in bed with Obama .. it won't happen.

So if I refuse to 'spread the wealth' and hand my hard earned money over to Obama to give away in Africa (he wants a new tax through the UN to 'spread the wealth' to poor countries) .... If I refuse to pay this UN spread the wealth tax of Obamas ... guess that means he'll use a preventative strike on me and jail me in one of his camps as a terrorist ... without trial and without evidence.

Yep ... I can see it happening.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Department of Homeland Security says you're a terrorist if you support the 2nd Amendment, are pro-life, against illegal immigration or are a veteran.

Is this not step-by-step treason? Sure looks like he's trying to undermine our system of government to me.

Impeach Obama Now!

[edit on 5/22/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

www.legis.ga.gov...

Any chance that's the goal? He wants to nullify the Constitution so he can ignore it completely or bring in foreign troops.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Before commenting again I wanted to read the entire thread and article one more time. People have been asking where are the Obama supporters, I think there are fewer and fewer every day, hence the lack of "support" for this man! As some of you may remember, I was one of the millions fooled by this bogus change. In fact, back then the primary reason I moved from the Clinton camp to Obama was his so called Civil Rights stance.
That being said, I am past done with the political bullcrap of left and right, Republicans and Democrats, it is all the same. Our rights are being stolen right in front of our eyes....so much for Obama and all his opposition to the Patriot Act, military tribunals and all the rest. Lies, nothing but lies.

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush. The idea that we might find ourselves fighting with the Obama administration over these powers is really stunning.”

Almost ruminating.....very interesting choice of words. Journalists are very particular about their choice of words and this just struck a deep chord of warning to me.

from dictionary.com

ru·mi·nate (rōō'mə-nāt')
v. ru·mi·nat·ed, ru·mi·nat·ing, ru·mi·nates

v. intr.

1. To turn a matter over and over in the mind.
2. To chew cud.

v. tr.
To reflect on over and over again.

It would clearly seem this so called Civil Rights Expert,
is busting his brain to find a way to circumvent all of the rights of due process! From the recent request of his legal people to overturn a statute from the 80's having to do with lawyers being present during questioning, to FISA, to renditions, to all the rest.

Ruminating indeed.....Yet the lovers and fools say, he is good...look how nice he and his family are....he cares about us.....he is one of us.....as he sells our rights and freedoms down the damned drain. We are in deep trouble people and there must be someone that can wake up the populous. I do believe that those like AJ are on the right track, but their message is so over dramatized and polarized that main stream people will NEVER take it seriously. There must be some journalist somewhere that would be willing to take this on...what the heck do we do?????

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Ya Americans live in hell...Cheap food at every corner, a police force that can be reigned in by civilian forces, the democratic right to vote, no death squads roaming the streets...tough life indeed.

On topic, this is just in the "considered" stage is it not? Correct me if I'm wrong but this will be subject to congressional approval, will it not?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

[SNIP]...are following policy's leading to Failure or Fascism......because he was put on a pedestal to represent African american's at some level psyhologically....(don't flame me for bringing up race) because wether poltically correct or not .......it is human nature......and people that had a little more "hope and pride" due to this association don't want to LET that go.

I agree with what you are saying, and I have said it from the beginning, Obama was there to show the whole world that America IS the 'land of the free'. He was another point for people to rally around, he was to inspire confidence and hope for America.

IMO, this was used to mask what he would really be doing in power.

Another thing I am non too happy to have seen coming.

EMM

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

by cautiouslypessimistic -Notice none of this is getting even the slightest amount of media attention. "

I can just see Chris Matthews trying to spin this!
The MSM are nothing more than propaganda machines. They are mostly in bed with Obama .. it won't happen.

Yep ... I can see it happening.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by FlyersFan]

I actually found out about this last night while watching the Rachel Maddow show of all things. She actually questioned Obama's motives on the show, and she's as liberal as they get.

Here's the link:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by thornie]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by thornie]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush. The idea that we might find ourselves fighting with the Obama administration over these powers is really stunning.”

Almost ruminating.....very interesting choice of words. Journalists are very particular about their choice of words and this just struck a deep chord of warning to me.

Hi Readhead...a journalist did not make this statement...an "unidentified" "participant" in the discussion did. I read it as reaching. "Almost"...as in not quite "ruminating" as in considering it.

It's a large leap ..big assumption....by a single "unidentified" "Participant" among many.

It reads as spin to me.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Ah, my mistake, yet still a strange statement. My thought was similar to yours, spin. Obama is screwing up enough that he needs no additional spin to make him look bad.

I agree that his election is a matter of great pride for a large segment of the nation. I am glad to see that a black man has been elected president, and understand the pride. Yet every attack on Obama is not racist and should not be seen as such. I see some of the wonder passing about President Obama in the neighborhood I live in and among the people I talk to. The war was and is a huge issue in the inner city communities, take a look at the number of minorities in the armed forces. People see that he is not doing what he said and is in fact becoming just another war monger like Bush, maybe worse!

That being said, dreams die hard! I have taken a fair amount of razzing on ats for admitting I bought his crap hook line and sinker before my eyes were opened to the very topics we discuss here. I am a person that has no issue admitting when I was wrong, life is about learning. So many bought into this dream and gave money, time and effort toward what they hoped and were promised would be a change. The numbers on people new to the whole process and drawn into politics by Obama were staggering, like wide eyed children they supported a dream. As the dream shatters in front of them I believe there will be a time of denial, but when people wake up.....look out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Question
Justify this Obamatons,

There may still be a few around, but most have ran away. A pile of new ones showed up for a few months before elections. They were probably some of those paid internet people that Obama admitted to. And as far as the 'regulars' here who were smitten with Obama, they have mostly disappeared.... off meditating on 'change' and drinking more koolaide or something

LOL Flyers
Yes there are a lot fewer folks here on ATS responding to the far reaching Obama Bashing.

Mostly everybody with a sense of honesty has opted to direct their energy elsewhere in more positive ways now that the election is over.

Your comment made me think of Monty Python....The GOP without arms or legs shouting "I'll bite your legs off!"

Arthur is riding on to the next battle.

I love Monty Python...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Politics are not simple. Escpecially in the age of spin and culture wars. For politicians a populace is easier to manipulate if they are divided and polarized and people become invested in their own opinions rather than the truth. It is always a challenge to reflect upon your views.

Obama is arrogant and politically inexperienced. That said the GOP is also arrogant and the "experience" they have demonstrated while in power is absolutely terrifying. My general political idealogy aligns with President Obama and when compared to the other candidates that ran...I am wholey confident the best candidate landed in office.

I am willing to gamble with inexperience if "experience" means Cheney, Rumsfield, Rove and crew...a very deeply experienced political crew and rotten to the core.

Obama has and will make mistakes. Every President does. But he is not the next Hitler or a Marxist by any informed defintion. If the GOP spoke in honest terms and focused soley on the good of the nation rather than Rush's mantra of "I hope Obama Fails" then the GOP could make a comeback...until then they are the limbless Black Knight in Monty Python (See link above) shouting "I'll bite your legs off!"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

wow where is this country going....well...we all know.... nazi germany here we come.. im afraid its going to take millions of deaths and the children who become modern SS officers to grow up and learn what they have done. here it comes! winter time

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

If you still only think in Red and Blue then you are missing the point of it all.

They all work to the same ends anyway; protecting their own power.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The only terrorists I see threatening our freedom and our way of life are our Congress, Judicial Branch, and especially our Executive Branch. I have no problems sending all of them to detention centers and I would even want them to have a trial by jury.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join