It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange happening...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First let me say my dad passed away 3 years ago, I was devastated. My pop raised me. He had 5 other kids but I am the one he stuck to and raised, my mom says its only because she left before he could. I dont believe that for a second. So theres the back story for my daddy.

I am mostly alone in this life. My moms side of the family want nothing to do with me. I am sure most of you can guess why. After talking to my better half it hit me that if she were to pass and leave me my 20 year old daughter would be the only family I have. Since my dad has passed I have removed myself from his side, its too painful to see them. They all look alike, so they all look like my dad.

The other day I was (ok I am gonna admit it here, to you guys) talking to my dad about this. I never really thought I was talking to him, or maybe I did, I dont know. But now he cant give me a hard time so I talk "at" him. ALOT. It was along the lines of ... why did you leave? I am alone pop.

My phone started ringing, I looked at the number didnt recignize it right off. So because I was washing dishes I decided to call em back when I was done. After the dishes I called the # back... I instantly knew the voice. It was my uncle Jesse, my dads bro and best friend. I asked him.. Ya called me Uncle Jesse.. his reply hit me hard... "no sneak (my nickname my pop gave me) you called me, your name came up on my caller i.d." My name is not on our phone bill, when I call out it comes up as my better halfs name.. not mine. He says I'm tellin you.. its your name and number right here on my phone.

Uncle Jesse and I laughed and cried, talked for an hour. I do have family, a family that misses me and misses my dad as much as I do.

Uncle Jesse hadnt called me before then because... I look and act like my dad, I didnt call him for the same reason.

So, I think we had some intervention. What do you guys think?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Intervention or not it is a great story, I am glad for you. Who knows what goes on after death, maybe it was otherworldly intervention.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think that's one of the greatest stories I heard lately, made me smile at the end....

The phone call thing is weird... seems to me that your dad was trying to tell you that you aren't alone at all! he's listening

I hope you stay in touch with your family now

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good stuff brother!

Ya know things like that have happened to me before, not quite as extreme as your story of course, but things happen; other-worldly they are, yet they touch you deep.

If they are out there looking down on us, stop watching me in the bathroom!!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Everything happens for a reason. Thank You so much for sharing your story. It was the little lift I needed for today. I find the synchronicities that happen in life are amazing and often unexplained. Most importantly the Universe often has it's own plan for everything.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

What a truely lovely story. I did get chills from my spine up whatever that means and it made my eyes tear up. I felt love. S&F by me. Thank you for sharing it with us.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank you all!!

I was a little nervous about posting this but I am really really glad I did.

Dax

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My dad passed just two years ago when I was pregnant with his first grandchild...it was very sad.
I know what you are going though. But just know that when you "talk" to him you really are...his spirit is with you. And the phone call was his way of letting you know that he was listening! And also to tell you that he wants the family together again. You need them, as well as they need you in this time of sadness. Because when everyone gets together and is happy, he is there and happy with you. And as for my son growing up, I know that my dad is there for every step of the way watching over him and protecting him. *tears*

Thank you for posting.

top topics

join