It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New button please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have asked for this before, and I think maybe I didn't describe it good enough.

Could we have a button on our profile/posts area that would drop us off in that thread at the exact last spot we posted? Like in a thread with 47 pages, and my last post was on page 23 3/4 of the way down the page. That way we don't have to search the entire thread to find our last post. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

So to make it crystal clear, when you click member tools, then public profile, then threads, you see all the threads you posted in. A button to the right of each post to "go to thread active" would be the bees knees. It would make me very happy and hopefully others as well. (although right now I am more worried about making me happy)

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
yea i seen that too before i needed to make a new profile today cuz i was bein bad but take care pal im behind ya on this

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I love how ATS didn't acknowledge my last reply as a reply but we need that button

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yea that would be cool. It would also be very cool if the "this post" links worked after you click the "thread" button under a particular author in a bigthread. They go to the wrong page. Sometimes when referencing a remembered post, I will remember the thread and author, then use the "thread" button to see all their posts in the thread. I can find the post that way, but not link to it because the URL is incorrect.

I think (with my programmer hat on) that there's sequencing problems that make implementing both of these more difficult than appears. Page number isn't always equal to post-in-thread-number / ppp, unless post-in-thread-number is dynamically calculated, which is an expensive database operation.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Yeah, it would be a pretty big hassle in terms of coding to have a system like that brought up.

SO and the rest of the team I think have been busy enough with all the new implementations.

However this would probably be better suited in the ATS Issues Thread

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
thanks for the replys. I think most of the groundwork is actually in place for this, but I run cable, not program. I realize there is always much to do and I don't expect this to be on anyones "first to do list", but I would love it if it was a thought for the future. Thanks for having such a great place to hang out.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If that would be too much work, is there a way to get a list of all your posts in a thread and maybe clicking on a specific one which would take you to that post?

In other words, say I have three posts in a ten page thread, posts number 2, 4 and 6. Could I get a list of those, then when I click on post number 4 it takes me to that post in the thread so I can read above or below it?

The problem is that sometimes you'll post on page two or three of a topic and then return and there are 17 pages of posts. You don't remember where you left off.

Another option is to do a "read unread posts in this topic" which might be easier.

Or maybe a button that says "bookmark my reading to here" and would save our place in the thread?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

I like to bookmark idea. that is kind of what I would like, but an automatic bookmark where you last posted. I have a lot of times where I am busy and will post and run out to do a job and then come back to see what happened. (I also have times with no work and plenty of time to stare at this damn screen) I think we can keep tweaking things and make it even better here.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Agree with you on this one , i can only assume it is difficult to implement,

heck even a button that takes us to the correct page in the thread would be helpful, many occasion's i have given up in a massive thread because of this fact alone.

hope they see this and do something about this feature

Regards

QS

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We thank you for sharing your ideas with the intent of making ATS a better more user friendly place. The staff and owners do appreciate member feedback and have always considered your thoughts and wishes when making changes to the board. So thank you for caring so much about this community that you created this thread.

By keeping all member suggestions in one place it allows staff and owners the ability to quickly and thoroughly access all member recommendations when considering board changes. Otherwise many suggestions will be very difficult to locate considering the size of this board.

Understanding that we would appreciate it if you would add your thoughts/recommendations to the official thread dedicated to members suggestions for board change.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thanks for your contributions and understanding. I will now close this thread for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,
ATS Staff

>>Closing

top topics

join