It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Crashed Disc? PIC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yes and "intelligent discussion" may include pointing out what is ridiculous in a given post.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Keeping in mind that everything is a matter of perception! When one person sees a crashed disc and one doesn't that hardly makes either of them incompetent it just clearly states that the two of them are working at different levels of experience and/or have different perceptions, none more ridiculous than the other.

but on a lighter note I will say this, wouldn't you feel silly if they actually found this to be a crashed disc! lol

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Longchenpa

It does, but it's all about how you go about it.

You can point out incosistencies or errors in someones post without being deraogatory.

I personally dont believe this a crashed disc as I stated on page 1, but I didnt call the OPs character into question.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongchenpaIn the age of the internets, the number of people who, without any knowledge or training whatsoever, consider themselves "researchers", is astounding.

Well it does not take a degree to become a researcher, merely hours of tedious work... If your work is good, you become a good researcher in no time, if its bad... well...

A researcher gathers data and presents it for review. The data decides whether or not the research is good...

Like lets look at this image below. If you are looking for a crashed spaceship on Mars, helps to have a reference...

This one looks like a spacecraft to me, but heck what do I know?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a597d493c5e.jpg[/atsimg]

Without even a modicum of professional ability in image processing, knowledge of planetary imaging, geology or optics, everyone and their mother thinks they are qualified to sift through satellite imagery, looking for rocks that happen to resemble Ronald McDonald.

Well that is just a silly statement... because NASA themselves do exactly the same thing we do... look for faces in rocks... and label them as such. Now surely you don't think they are not good researchers?

The Opportunity crew labeled this one "Roosevelt" Not a bad carving...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you don't see a problem with this, that it is creating noise that confuses the issue and makes it more difficult for qualified researchers and interested parties to communicate and see just what the actual evidence is, then I would suggest that you are supporting disinformation and confusion, not clarity.

And just who, in your opinion is a 'qualified' researcher in Moon and Mars anomalies and UFO's? And how many of them are here at ATS to offer material for discussion to the members?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks absolutely uninteresting to me.

Bland photo of some topography.

In my opinion, the title of this thread could be:
"Mars Image: Crashed Ice Cream Truck? PIC" or "Mars Image: Nothing special? PIC".

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I didn't mean to be picking on this OP in particular, this is just a typical example of something larger. I am just suggesting that if people are really interested in doing research in this area then why wouldn't they want to educate themselves and acquire some competence in the field? Ezra Pound said "I believe in technique as a test of a man's sincerity". This means that anyone who is serious will take the time to acquire the necessary knowledge required by a given field before "publishing" their "investigations".

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Are you honestly holding this up as evidence, or did you just feel like making a post?

Well I don't know what it is, but the amount of reflection from it certainly perks my interest. It may be nothing, but ts worth a look.

I will never understand the pathelogical need of some debunkers to pounce on every new anomaly thread and call the OP out... perhaps they have no life?

This forum on this board was made for such speculative topics. Its what made ATS so popular, but lately the noise created by self appointed naysayers is becoming a deafening roar. Perhaps it has a purpose? To silence those who dare to look for the unusual?

If the material has no merit, then leave it alone and it will pass into oblivion soon enough... but by the rash of debunkers hitting on it, all it does is keep it on the front page...

Silly Lemmings

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some rocks can be quite reflective wouldn't you say?

I think there's more chance of dear "Pinhead" in my avater being an Alien than there is of that (rock) being a spacecraft.

Nice try, but sorry.
love your suit though...."we accept you, one of us!"

[edit on 14/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Isn't it supposed to be "gabba gabba"?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Are you honestly holding this up as evidence, or did you just feel like making a post?

Well I don't know what it is, but the amount of reflection from it certainly perks my interest. It may be nothing, but ts worth a look.

I will never understand the pathelogical need of some debunkers to pounce on every new anomaly thread and call the OP out... perhaps they have no life?

This forum on this board was made for such speculative topics. Its what made ATS so popular, but lately the noise created by self appointed naysayers is becoming a deafening roar. Perhaps it has a purpose? To silence those who dare to look for the unusual?

If the material has no merit, then leave it alone and it will pass into oblivion soon enough... but by the rash of debunkers hitting on it, all it does is keep it on the front page...

Silly Lemmings

That's your take.

My take is that there are some really interesting things about Ufology. There's great viral evidence and first hand account evidence, but little else. I agree that it is interesting. Because of my interest, I am here on ATS.

However I run across threads not rife with rabid debunkers but rather with the opposite. It's the rabid believers and storytellers who pollute serious discussion of a lot of these issues. Why do you think Reptillian threads go to skunkworks now?

Catch my drift over there in the "kingdom of light"?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by bloodline]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I can agree with your last statement to a point, one should always try to better himself in an area of interest however some are merely amateur, and are putting forth the best effort they can at this point. and positive encouragement with some constructive criticism will better all involved, resulting in an improved operation of our beloved ATS. If we attack a user in a negative way he or she may become discouraged and then give up or get sloppy(er) in their work leaving to chance the fact that a great find may go unnoticed!

The images shown here in this thread can and have been criticized in a constructive manner! the image in question is very difficult to view the quality of the image is not the best, in all likelihood it may not be a crashed disc it, but to conclude such a fact would be unprofessional based on the evidence shown here.

I think the item questioned will remain unexplained until further evidence can be supplied, so In MY opinion I think it may be a dead end topic.

super70 be encouraged to keep digging and feel free to message me anytime you come up with some new evidence!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Feel free to correct the Wikipedia entry.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
for example, if someone was really interested in doing this kind of research, then they would read as many books as they could get their hands like this one:

The Geology of Mars

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thanks Dwest, you are the type I post for, those with an open mind.

Longchenpa, I do not claim to be a researcher, although I do search.
But like it or not, the most likely source of "UFO proof" is going to come from someone like me, who stumbles upon evidence and presents it to the public.

If you think that proof that we are not alone is going to come from official researchers like those in NASA then think again, the officials in the space program already know the truth, and do all they can to hide that proof from the public.

The truth IS out there, now go find it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Thanks Dwest, you are the type I post for, those with an open mind.

Longchenpa, I do not claim to be a researcher, although I do search.
But like it or not, the most likely source of "UFO proof" is going to come from someone like me, who stumbles upon evidence and presents it to the public.

If you think that proof that we are not alone is going to come from official researchers like those in NASA then think again, the officials in the space program already know the truth, and do all they can to hide that proof from the public.

The truth IS out there, now go find it.

you honestly think that the hundreds of scientists and engineers at NASA and JPL and Malin all know of proof but they're not talking? you've got to be kidding. Any researcher finding real proof of artificiality in a photo would be famous overnight and I can guarantee you that they would like nothing better. Their only disadvantage is that they are trained scientists and know about Martian geology so they cannot pretend that funny shaped rocks and sand dunes are faces and bunny wabbits. Such is the price of professionalism.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So ummm no comments on this spaceship on Mars? Surely you all can see it? Doesn't look like a rock to me...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You're joking right?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So ummm no comments on this spaceship on Mars? Surely you all can see it? Doesn't look like a rock to me...

You are trolling right?

I mean this isn't a serious question is it?

Why don't you tell me what you see down to the last detail.

Because I see pretty much nothing.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Sweet Jesus, you're really grasping at straws here

LOL I was wondering the same thing LOL

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shake7
You're joking right?

No I am quite serious... I am proving a point.

Originally posted by bloodline

You are trolling right?
I mean this isn't a serious question is it?
Why don't you tell me what you see down to the last detail.

No I do not Troll...

Yes this is a VERY serious question and goes to the point that you skeptics cannot see what is there, but insist on telling others what they see is "just a rock"

What I see in the center of the image I posted is a small round spacecraft with a shadow. Surely it is obvious to you all and YOU are just trolling?

Because I see pretty much nothing.

Well I cannot help your blindness, but perhaps this will help?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d941104e2ce.png[/atsimg]

Or THIS?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90efab1bf1b7.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join