It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima mayor praises Obama's 'anti-nuke weapon' comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Hiroshima mayor praises Obama's 'anti-nuke weapon' comments

mdn.mainichi.jp

Akiba said of Obama's speech. "The world is gradually turning into one in which denuclearization is possible."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
After I read the article, that one quote just felt strange to me. I believe that a world without nuclear weapons would be a wonderful place. However, I believe that we are not even close to denuclearization. Tadatoshi Akiba has always been a bit overboard with the optimism, in my opinion. What do you think about denuclearization? Do you think the world is gradually headed in the direction?

mdn.mainichi.jp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
A world without nukes? Are you freaking kidding me?

Nukes are the one thing preventing a repeat of WWII, which cost millions and millions of lives. There is a reason that the Americans want everyone else disarmed, and that is because they never will. This will then give them free reign to invade anyone, at will, with the knowledge that they are uninvadable due to the annihilation of their enemies.

What we will see is a return to the million-man armies, in battles where only a Pyrrhic victory is possible, but then again, only against an opponent who fundamentally lacks the ability to knock their assailant out.

I'd take mutually assured destruction over a decade-long slug-fest any day. One of them ensures that wars must stay small-scale, the other decimates entire generations.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I do think this is stup1d,a s we know obama will not even be able to do this like so much he spoke of. Like said above, america just wants everyone else disarmed, so they can take anyone over they want.

Also the fact that weaposn must be more advanced today, than just 1950's nukes. Come on america and russia and japan etc must have much more in advanced wepaons than nukes by now, the money spent on secret projects.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Nope. Nuclear, chemical and biological arsenals are here to stay. For a while longer, at least.

The best that can be hoped for is a reduction of nuclear arsenals.

new topics

top topics

join