It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can't be a coincidence..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I don't get into paranormal stuff but thought I would share this. About a month ago my wife witnessed something quite remarkable. She was putting our 6yr old to bed. The routine is into bed and my wife sits in the hallway to keep her company and during this time writes in her personal diary. My wife has a routine of reading her diary entry from 1yr ago before she writes the current day. So my daughter is in bed still awake but quiet. My wife is about 6ft away sitting in the hallway reading to herself about how 1yr ago my daughter refused to jump into the swimming pool unaided. My wife wrote about it being impossible to get her to jump in. So my wife begins writing her new entry and writing again that my daughter STILL will not jump in the pool even a year later. She's writing away and then out of the blue my daughter goes "Mum.. it's silly how I won't jump in the pool aye?". My wife nearly jumped out of her frikin skin, came and told me about it that there was total silence, no discussion of swimming that day or anything. And that my daughter has done this before a few other times speaking about what she was thinking. I don't know what to make of it, very freaky...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
One "non-paranormal" reason I can think of is that, unaware to you, your daughter reads the diary without your knowledge and she knows that your wife reads the entry from 1 year before. So she knows what your wife is thinking at that time of the night

Besides that, sixth sense maybe ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
One "non-paranormal" reason I can think of is that, unaware to you, your daughter reads the diary without your knowledge and she knows that your wife reads the entry from 1 year before. So she knows what your wife is thinking at that time of the night

Besides that, sixth sense maybe ?

Na, she's only 6 so not hip to how my wife's diary works and my wife's writing is something I can't even read hehe..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
look up telepathy.
People connected closely can often feel/read each others thoughts without knowing, and I think this is what is happening.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I agree with the telepathy hypothesis.

I have a 10 year old daughter and many times she has said things over the years that have exactly been what I was thinking within myself at the time and not things she could have just been aware off through the normal course of conversation as the topics we may have been physically talking about and what I have internally thinking about have often been radically different in nature.

Another game I often play with my daughter is hangman. For anyone who doesn't know that game - it consists of guessing the letters that make up a blank word that another player has chosen and from guessing the letters the other player has to determine the word the other player has chosen. The words can range from single words to multi words of different letter sizes.

Many times my daughter has also guessed the word or phrase I was thinking on her very first go - again even though I wouldn't have thought that these words or phrases would have been obvious to a kid of her age.

So the long and short of it is, that prior to having my daughter I would have thought telepathy as not something I really could have believed in, my experience with my daughter over the years has definitely changed my mind.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by count66]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by count66]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I was at band practice last night. Problem was, I didn't get the new key to the entry way that would allow me inside the building. In addition to a key, the owner of the building installed a keyless entry device, one that requires a four digit code. I arrived at band practice before any of the other guys, who had keys, and stood there looking at the number pad perplexed. I punched in the first four numbers that popped into my head and VOILA the keypad lights up green, the lock clicks, and I'm inside.

About a half hour later, 2 of the 3 guys are there with me. We're conversing about this and that, and I suddenly look up and say to them, "Does (name removed) know the combination to get in?"

Less than a second passed and the drummer's phone rang. It was the other guy, out at the front door, unable to get in because he didn't know the combination.

Free key Co. Incidents.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've been able to do this from time to time, it is quite bizarre. I have no control over it, that I know of, it just kicks on and sometimes I swear it is audible eventhough the person doesn't say or mouth anything. A simple example is sometimes I "know" what my spouse wants, I freaked him out one time bc he was sitting watching t.v., I was on the computer, I got up got him a drink and food. He just looked at me stunned, and asked how I knew that he wanted it, I had no explanation just told him I figured he wanted it, it happens a lot with him, I suppose it could be that I know him well, but usually its something randomly specific. I had a dream about my deceased grandfather once, when I told my mom about it, she replied "at it has been passed on to you". I asked her what she meant by it, and she said that she and grandpa used to play telepathy games, and she has a story about his death that it most bizarre but I'd have to ask her permission before posting it.

top topics

join