It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dreams of airplanes....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I keep having dreams about airplanes. Fighter jets and passenger airliners. In all of these dreams at least one of them crashes also.

One dream that sticks out is that I'm back home in Kentucky, near the Ohio river I'm standing there and all of a sudden there is a passenger plane flying overhead about 1000 ft or so and it starts ziging and zagging, as much as one could anyway, this thing was pretty big, but not like a 747, more like one of the planes that hit WTC.. I think... anyway, it then start looping and dropping alititude and then, wham right into the ohio river, I then wake up.

Last night, I was at a museum of some sort, had just parked the car and got out, looked in the sky and there was another airliner, but this time it was being chased / followed by 2 fighter jets.... I remember telling my family to look up and then told them to head into the building, all of a sudden, the airliner starts flying in circles and making sharp turns, the fighter jet starts to spin out of control and head towards the ground. I remember yelling for everyone to run, but it's too late, it hits the ground about 100 yards from us and explodes... I remember seeing the flames coming at us and I though oh no, we're too close,

all of a sudden in that dream, the plane is back in the air spinning again, and I yell run and this time we get far enough away from it, the plane hits the ground and explodes again, there are people now gathering around the wreckage, then I notice a lady standing by the road getting ready to take pictures, I jump into a van and move it so that she can't see the plane anymore and then move other cars to block the view... by this time there are military helicopters in the air and trucks pulling up... I wake up

any ideas ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Airplane Crash
To dream that a plane crashes, signifies that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself and are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified. " - www.dreammoods.com

Seems pretty much like what I would guess it means..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I dont think the planes have anything to do with it. You are "restarting" your dream to get a more favorable outcome.

This restart could be coming from a variety of sources, possible a pending decision about, travel plans, or family matters, like buying a new car or moving to a new home.

Placing family in harms way and then altering the "outcome" to remove them from danger.

Taking personal responsibilty is featured in your response timing of when you told your family to run. In the first "sequence" you delayed in telling your family what you were seeing and as such they got hurt. When you "revised" the dream you took action faster, resulting in them escaping, as well as being a good sameritan (spelling?) by blocking the view of the "tragedy" from looky lues. This also represents that the pending "decision" could be humiliting to your either yourself or your family, if you delay in making the right choice.

I hope this helps. Looks like you need to check whats going on in your family life to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Search function worked. I just had a dream so real of a large commercial passenger plane come down out of the sky at a steep angle and hit close enough that I could hear the explosion and see the smoke. I was hoping it was going to miss my house and then lots of others. Shortly after that I woke up. I see on this thread crashing planes means you believe your goals are too high and going to fail. Sounds like a project I'm working on at work.

Hopefully I can get a few more minutes of sleep now. I don't remember seeing a large plane crash from the ground like that before in my sleep. It was like the plane had no power and had gone into a nosedive. I was outside looking at the sky. Just after I woke up, I was thinking I would hate to be in an airplane if Iran launched an emp attack. Loss of power in an airplane would be bad.
edit on 16/3/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I have air crash dreams a lot ,but only one was prophetic and i cant find a connection as to why i foresaw the future with this isolated crash. Korean Air 747 ,Guam 1997. Cant really be much help as to why

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've had a lot of airplane dreams too and a couple of them did score a few points on the prophecy sheet.

Best I can mention was looking straight up at a low and slow flying concorde, then seeing a postage stamp flying around it, moving like a kite would. I zoomed in on that and saw it was the British flag. Just a day or two later a concorde taking off went on fire and crashed into a hotel in Europe somewhere, killing lots of people, and shortly after all UK concordes were grounded, for good I think.

top topics

join