It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OT God not the same as NT God.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Man was made in God's image in the Genesis account of Creation. That means any emotions we have God had first. Including anger and jealousy. Things need opposites to have meaning. Good could not be good without evil. Anger would mean nothing if there was no calm.

Anger is a human reaction as a result of seeing, hearing something that offends that human.

God is beyond all these things. DO you people really think God is some guy on a cloud with a white beard who hands out awards to those who are good and punishments to those who are bad?

U reap what you sow. You do it to yourselves.

God is omnipresent within all things, people, places, space, all around and within you, aware and loving,

Perfect Love drives out all fear, anger, jealousy wrath, etc

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Do you by chance channel or anything along those lines?

I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything if you do I'm just curious.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Do you by chance channel or anything along those lines? I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything if you do I'm just curious.

Lol, no no no I don't do any of that, though I am not offended by those who do, that's their thing.

For me it was simply 14 months of Bible study, the getting baptized, then undergoing the divine mysteries of God. I got the baptism of the Holy Spirit who indwelled me, from that came ego death, was blinded by the light like Paul on the way to damscus, or when Jesus says, "when thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light"

Then underwent the dark night of the soul, and then the beginning stages of Union with God, theosis, or deification as the eastern orthodoxy likes to put it.

Words in the Bible are simply pointers, that point you into the direct experience of God. Would you rather be reading about God, which leads to the mind thinking about it and creating more thoughts, or would you rather be experiencing God, the Spirit, and Jesus directly???

So you can either get wrapped up in words/mind, or you can experience these things directly beyond words.

The Christian path strips away all the false masks, the ego, the personality, the mind, so whats left is the direct experiencing of God. As Paul said, "I die to myself daily" To take up ur cross is to let all these false masks die and then you will experience the divine.

Besides that, in the OT "God" gave Moses 10 commandments, one of which was "Do not kill" then orders Moses to kill all these armies, their women, and their children. I dont agree with that. I think God was used as an excuse for ethnic cleansing by the Jewish armies. Don't kill but then kill them......

If you research this topic of the OT God not being the same as the NT God you will see that there was a number of CHristian groups who believed this, though mostly Gnostics, they still baptized each other and still received the Holy Spirit. How do I know??? Because only those with the Spirit would love others, selflessly give to others, and write and say some of the things they wrote and said.

John 17
8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

This ultimate Union w/ God, this Oneness w/ the Son, Spirit, and Father is the ultimate goal. It is a direct experience, not words you read, but a reality that you will know directly.

Everything else is Dogma, arguing, everyone thinks their theology is right. But those who experience these realities just sit back and laugh watching the circus act of religion.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I just noticed that channelers often are talking about New Age beliefs and your oneness was part of that. Now I see you were referring to Scripture.

Dominicus, I assure you that I only speak these things to these people in the name of Yeshua the Christ and His Holy Spirit. I don't read the Bible anymore. It reads to me? That's the best way I can describe it.

This ultimate Union w/ God, this Oneness w/ the Son, Spirit, and Father is the ultimate goal. It is a direct experience, not words you read, but a reality that you will know directly. Everything else is Dogma, arguing, everyone thinks their theology is right. But those who experience these realities just sit back and laugh watching the circus act of religion.

Oh and I'm not in any denomination. I simply would like to inform people of Yeshua's gift to humanity, so that they may find grace and salvation through His life. I often debate whether I should tell the Churches what may well lie ahead...but I don't think the time is right yet.

I forgot to mention that we shouldn't really debate things anyway. I'm only really on here for informative discussion purposes. It's just apparently I'm not allowed to express my religious views on here without criticism. I simply believe there is a religious aspect to the New World Order and United Nations. That's it.

Titus 3:9
"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

2 Timothy 2:23 "But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels."

2 Timothy 2:16 "But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness."

[edit on 10-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Dude, I turned to God before, many times. Especially the Abrahamic God.

Then I've come to realize that religions don't make sense, so to speak.
I believe in ET (and always have) anyday over this stuff...

And the whole idea of ET existing rips the bible to shreds.

Is it possible that the bible, and what is depicted as God in the OT and NT are and were just ET's in the first place?
Actually, that might strengthen some cases in the bible, but would put a gaping hole in organized religion...

Ah, there it is... My problem is with organized religions... Money, crusades, politics - it's a business.

And that's where the fork in the road comes into view, as far as by beliefs are concerned - and my "faith".

But as far as accepting God? Ok, I like God, but I don't like my God or god to be anything from any bible, religion, or whatever...

Love and light, creation and infinity... That's it to me.

Anything else that clams to be this (as far as projecting themselves as a creator or a God) is an imposteur.

Bottom line, I think my version of God (Creation) can manifest itself in many ways. One being in the form of love. But, I think that when something really good happens, or even when something really bad happens and people say, "It was God's will", I think that is BS. What a conclusion to jump to, no?

Life is too unfair for the God's-will thing to be true like that.
And the Heaven and Hell thing - especially how people who don't believe that Jesus was the son of the Abrahamic God will go to hell and burn for eternity.
So people who live in the jungles who have no connections with modern society or even a bible will burn for eternity? That's pretty harsh...
And my mother - who has done everything right in her life - who has given more that she has ever taken, will burn? Ha no. That's messed up.

It would be more believable if (according to the bible) we lived two lives, or maybe even three... and if you don't get it right by the third time, THEN you burn in hell (jeez). That would make more sense.
It's a very uneven playing field that Jehova and Yahweh has us playing on.

Possibly the biggest contradiction ever: The world is only about 6,000 years old. That is taking Genesis literally that the Earth was created in 7 days (anything NOT literal would be distorting). There is no way.
It says on the 7th day that God rested and proclaimed this the Sabbath - the day to rest. Ok. If this day is the day of rest (IN GENESIS TIME), that means that OUR Sabbath day would be of the same length, no (in measurment of time)? And this is with the logic that God's days are longer than ours.

And another contradiction: Adam and Eve have sex, have kids. Their kids have sex with their kids to have to kids, which basically evolved to what we have now.
According to Science (and to those who have tried and done it), when incest is commited, the offspring have many problems, and may not live long in the first place... Big error in the bible, but people will justify it to make it work... How can you do that??? That is tampering with the book, and twisting it to make it fit logic, which is... logic, and that's where the contradictions proliferate...

Also, people were 1,000 years old (roundabout) during Genesis... Another contradiction of Science... There is no proof in any old bones that even Pre-Homoerectus had that sort of lifespan...

But if you throw ET into the mix, it doesn't seem so farfetched.

So maybe we are both right. Have you ever thought of that?

And I never recieved an answer to my question with the denominations of Christianity... I'm very curious as to what you would have to say about that.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

And I never recieved an answer to my question with the denominations of Christianity... I'm very curious as to what you would have to say about that.

Every religion has many denominations. It's due to the mind interpreting and misinterpreting scriptures, perspectives, opinions, enlightenment and unenlightenment. All these factors play into denominations forming from the original messenger in any religion/path.

As far as E.T.'s, I do believe they exist and perhaps have had some or maybe even much influence in the universe's history, I still know that experiencing God is real, mysticism and spiritual realities are real and can be experienced, and that these things really have nothing to do with E.Ts.

I just see them as creation like we are. But underlying it all is the omnipresence of God. Just as in quantum physics, everything broken down to smaller factions eventually ends up in waves, strings, then just pure oneness of energy/being.

So the same with us. he ego, mind, personality, thinking is all in the way of experiencing God. Even if ET's did create the human body, a soul still would have to be implanted to animate the body. Its really irrelevant to me because I dont worship aliens. I got love for them if they exist, but that wouldn't change much for me and everyone else if they were to come down tomorrow and start dealing with everybody.

If anything good would come out of it, perhaps they would have instruments/tools that would prove that existence of the spiritual realms to scientists and the we can really begin to grow by leaps and bounds scientifically and spiritually.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Why be in a denomination if the very One you follow is One who accepts everyone including other faiths and beliefs to teach them about His Father and gracious gift? That is why the Anti-Christ is going to work so well. He will bring it all together and just say he's the one. Every religion, every denomination, every creed, every occult, every nation.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Very well put! I understand completely. I couldnt have put together the validity of Jesus doing whatever He wanted to in His own church better. I guess it just seems to me that the OT corrective measures needed a NT face to face deliverance.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

For me it was simply 14 months of Bible study, the getting baptized, then undergoing the divine mysteries of God. I got the baptism of the Holy Spirit who indwelled me, from that came ego death, was blinded by the light like Paul on the way to damscus, or when Jesus says, "when thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light"

Then underwent the dark night of the soul, and then the beginning stages of Union with God, theosis, or deification as the eastern orthodoxy likes to put it.

Words in the Bible are simply pointers, that point you into the direct experience of God. Would you rather be reading about God, which leads to the mind thinking about it and creating more thoughts, or would you rather be experiencing God, the Spirit, and Jesus directly???

So you can either get wrapped up in words/mind, or you can experience these things directly beyond words.

The Christian path strips away all the false masks, the ego, the personality, the mind, so whats left is the direct experiencing of God. As Paul said, "I die to myself daily" To take up ur cross is to let all these false masks die and then you will experience the divine.

Besides that, in the OT "God" gave Moses 10 commandments, one of which was "Do not kill" then orders Moses to kill all these armies, their women, and their children. I dont agree with that. I think God was used as an excuse for ethnic cleansing by the Jewish armies. Don't kill but then kill them......

If you research this topic of the OT God not being the same as the NT God you will see that there was a number of CHristian groups who believed this, though mostly Gnostics, they still baptized each other and still received the Holy Spirit. How do I know??? Because only those with the Spirit would love others, selflessly give to others, and write and say some of the things they wrote and said.

This ultimate Union w/ God, this Oneness w/ the Son, Spirit, and Father is the ultimate goal. It is a direct experience, not words you read, but a reality that you will know directly.

Everything else is Dogma, arguing, everyone thinks their theology is right. But those who experience these realities just sit back and laugh watching the circus act of religion.

You know, it may be possible for people to experience the mysteries in various ways, because like John the Baptist said "man can only receive what is given him from heaven" and the mysteries are many but there is only one true Spirit and it would not teach one person one thing and someone else something completely contrary; OT God not the same as NT God.

God lays claim to the title of Wonderful Counselor in the OT - and Jesus himself stated that his teachings and words were not his own but the Father's. He also stated that when the Counselor comes it not only teaches us all things but as it teaches it brings to mind the teachings of Jesus and this is so we have clear understandings of how the mysteries work. God himself said in the OT, that eventually we all will be taught by him - this becomes a reality through Jesus, the Son.

Jesus spoke in the Gospels with the exact same authoritative tone, as did the God of the OT - which spoke through the prophets. The ultimate union is with God - the God of the Old Testament in the Spiritual Holy of Holies.

Consider for a moment the temple that once stood in Jerusalem and if the temple was a person (which is what the NT teaches) the head would be in Holy of Holies where the Ark was hidden behind the veil (that is since been torn) the body would be in the Holy place where the showbread, the menorah, and the altar of incense was and the legs and feet would be on the outside, known as the inner courtyard, where we find the brazen sea/laver and the altar for sacrifice.

Now that you have a mental image let's go through the "Way" that God made in the desert.

The way starts in the Jordan with water baptism. The next major mystery is the chrism - which is east of Jerusalem in the Garden of Gethsamame, where the olive trees are. Jesus said "I am the gate" and he is speaking of the sealed gate known as the Golden Gate or Messiah's Gate. Once inside the gate, you would go through the Court of Prayer into the inner courtyard, where the brazen sea and the altar for sacrifice are located. The laver was used for the priests to wash their hands and FEET in before entering the temple. Remember Moses at the burning bush and him having to remove his sandals because he stood on Holy ground? What did Jesus do to his disciples in the upper room after supper was over? He washed their feet and told them, that they wouldn't understand then what he was doing - but later they would. Jesus has to wash everyones feet who are spiritually coming into the kingdom - this act starts the process of baptism in the Holy Spirit. John indeed baptized with water but Jesus baptizes with Spirit and fire. There just happens to be some fire at the altar of sacrifice - we'll call that the Divine Spark of God himself. This fire doesn't burn it cleanses.

Next comes the door into the Holy area of the temple: "I am the door of the sheep."

Or better yet: "Here I Am! I stand at the door and knock! If Anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me."

The next mystery is the eucharist and lo and behold in the Holy area of the temple we find a table of showbread. "I am the bread of life." The menorah: "I am the light of the world." The chrism doesn't leave and the sweet smell of olive oil wafts through the air; the altar of incense.

The next mystery is the redemption: Jesus said the coming of the Son of Man, in his day, would be LIKE lightning that flashes from one end of the sky to the other and we are to lift up are heads because our redemption draws near. For when we suddenly, and sometimes unexpectedly find the Son of Man lifting up inside of us we are ushered into knowing the truth - that none of this is a game and that Jesus is everything he claims - the living Messiah; the Way, the Truth and the Life.

And what's better than the eucharist? It's what the Gnostics called the Bridal Chamber. Oh it's not just the Gnostics that used the term - it's found in various Jewish writings also. But what is it? What is beyond the veil in the temple? It's the unification with the God of the Old Testament! Everyone's real husband!

Had they left the one teaching that was omitted in Mark (I am referring to Secret Mark) where Jesus taught Lazarus (Gospel of John author) the mysteries to the kingdom - more people would be experiencing what happens behind the veil and then and only then would people understand that what happened to the beloved disciple that made him fall in love with the Lord and beseech him that he might "be with him" was nothing to do with homosexuality but everything to do with the bridal chamber, which is behind the veil - taking place in the Holy of Holies - better known as the mind. What happens downstairs happens upstairs folks - that is why it's called a "bridal chamber." It's why there is a tone of erotica in the Song of Solomon - it's why the beloved disciple followed him around like a lost puppy. It's why 144,000 will follow him around where ever he goes. It is the Glory of the Lord revealed. The Shekinah Glory! The transfiguration!

Who was at the transfiguration? Moses and Elijah. Did you know that in the anceint Jewish wedding, that Spiritually Moses and Elijah accompany the bride and the groom?

Jesus is the bridegroom and all are potential brides.

Words in the Bible are not simply "pointers" they and especially the Book of John are actual templates to many of the mysteries.

The OT God says it's the heritage of his people to refute tongues - and I think I've just went above and beyond what was called for to do just that.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

You know, it may be possible for people to experience the mysteries in various ways, because like John the Baptist said "man can only receive what is given him from heaven" and the mysteries are many but there is only one true Spirit and it would not teach one person one thing and someone else something completely contrary; OT God not the same as NT God.

Well, you still have the case where few people are shown the divine mysteries by the Holy Spirit, and the rest have no idea. I had to be in meditation to get the Holy Spirit and have ongoing communion .....others I talk to who proclaim Christianity have no idea about illumination, self mastery, dark night of the soul or any of the mystical experiences that are awaiting them.

So it may just be the case of being uninformed vs. informed.

God lays claim to the title of Wonderful Counselor in the OT - and Jesus himself stated that his teachings and words were not his own but the Father's. He also stated that when the Counselor comes it not only teaches us all things but as it teaches it brings to mind the teachings of Jesus and this is so we have clear understandings of how the mysteries work. God himself said in the OT, that eventually we all will be taught by him - this becomes a reality through Jesus, the Son.

I got all my Holy Spirit experiences and other Enlightenments, pretty much strictly from the NT. I stayed away from the OT because of Moses and his armies killing all their enemies, women, and children and saying they were justified by God to do so. (EVery religion says they are justified by God to do things)

Jesus spoke in the Gospels with the exact same authoritative tone, as did the God of the OT - which spoke through the prophets. The ultimate union is with God - the God of the Old Testament in the Spiritual Holy of Holies.

The God I experience and others do, is not one who would regret Noah's flood and make a promise/covenant to never do it again.

All your symbol on the Mysteries is cool and everything, but most people won't get it, it will go past their heads. And for those living these realities, they don't really care about more symbolism because they are living those things which others only read about it.

Words in the Bible are not simply "pointers" they and especially the Book of John are actual templates to many of the mysteries.

Templates are also pointers. IS the Bible God? No. Is the thought of God, God? No. All these things are limited unless you experience them directly.

The OT God says it's the heritage of his people to refute tongues - and I think I've just went above and beyond what was called for to do just that.

You haven't gone above and beyond anything. None of what you say matters when God exists everywhere and inside of everybody and everything is beyond words. God doesn't sit there and concern him/her/itself with who's right and who's wrong.

If im wrong and OT and NT is the same God, I dont fear hell, blasphemy, heretic-ism because I Love God and experience God and have this as my reality. These OT stories are the perspectives of the authors from limited perspectives from different stages of Enlightenment. They are not necessarily directly from God's perspective because to write from God's perspective you have to include every angle even that of an ant, atom, string, dust etc.

None of what you wrote changes anything. You still have large groups of early Christians who also believed the OT God was false and the God Jesus represented was truth. You have many modern people leaning that way, and I myself aren't the only one in this category.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You haven't gone above and beyond anything. None of what you say matters when God exists everywhere and inside of everybody and everything is beyond words. God doesn't sit there and concern him/her/itself with who's right and who's wrong.

If im wrong and OT and NT is the same God, I dont fear hell, blasphemy, heretic-ism because I Love God and experience God and have this as my reality. These OT stories are the perspectives of the authors from limited perspectives from different stages of Enlightenment. They are not necessarily directly from God's perspective because to write from God's perspective you have to include every angle even that of an ant, atom, string, dust etc.

None of what you wrote changes anything. You still have large groups of early Christians who also believed the OT God was false and the God Jesus represented was truth. You have many modern people leaning that way, and I myself aren't the only one in this category.

Your thread title states that the OT God is not the God of the NT and basically that is all you have offered up as to why you think this way. It's only your idea that Jesus' God wouldn't flood the earth or make war and conquer people (through Moses and others). There is absolutely nothing to suggest they are not the same and multiple things to suggest they are.

The God of the OT flooded the earth. The Son came and acknowledged the event and likens the end of days, to the days of Noah.

God says in the OT, that next time it will be done with fire and Peter repeats Joel's prophecy when talking of the destruction to come, where the elements will melt with fervent heat.

Jesus cleansed lepers and sent them to the OT God's temple to offer sacrifice.

And Jesus himself got a whip of sorts and chased out buyers and sellers from the Old Temple, and stated that is HIS Father's house and it is to be a place of prayer.

I would never call you or anyone else for that matter a heretic. Everything God did in the OT laid the foundation for things to be done on earth as in heaven - Jesus came to show the way to the new Spiritual temple.

Also, people should find comfort in knowing that you received the Holy Spirit and were taught the Myteries of God simply by studying the word for 14 months. It's very encouraging words. Me on the other hand , I'm a sinner and I had been a real bad girl, knew it, repented for about the same amount of time you studied and was shown great mercy.

One more thing - God does concern Himself with who is right and who is wrong - it's called making righteous judgements.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Your thread title states that the OT God is not the God of the NT and basically that is all you have offered up as to why you think this way. It's only your idea that Jesus' God wouldn't flood the earth or make war and conquer people (through Moses and others). There is absolutely nothing to suggest they are not the same and multiple things to suggest they are.

Well this hunch came to me when I read about Moses' army being ordered by God to kill all the Moabites, Caananites, and all the other groups around the "promise land" and to kill all women and children also, as in ethnic cleansing so that group could never re-establish itself.

Gd regretted the flood and promised never to do it again in the OT. The God I know already knows everything so would know that He would regret it if he did it. This is more so of a human putting a humanistic quality on a transcendent God.

I have many other examples from the OT but these were the most powerful. Then people I was doing Bibles study started coming to me about Moses' army killing innocent women and children. It bothered one guy sooooooo much he really didn't want to mess with the OT anymore. It scarred his image/wanting to know God.

This in turn affected me seeing him this way, so I did some research and found plenty of first 4 century Christian groups who also said OT God is not the same as NT God.

We're talking about the forefathers of Christianity believing this way and having nothing to do with any of the reading of the OT, but still baptizing, still getting the Spirit, divine mysteries, enlightenment. All w/o the reading or touching the OT.

The God of the OT flooded the earth. The Son came and acknowledged the event and likens the end of days, to the days of Noah.

Yeah but imagine if Jesus told everyone the OT God is not the same as the true God. It would devastate all the Jews and they would immediately stone him for it and he would never even have a chance to preach. It would be easier to just incorporate what he was teaching by building it off of the OT so it could be an easier switch from how things used to be(OT) to how things are when he was around(NT)

The End of days could simply be a forseen event where the earth is severely damaged, earthquakes, tornados, meteors, floods, shift of the axis, etc. This all could be fortold be Jesus and the prophets as smething that will eventually happen. This doesn't mean God is punishing the earth and all the sinners for their actions.

ANd I'm not even going to start about sin. We are all born into a world of sin, everyone sins, and there is no other way about it. That's so unfair to have to inherent the bullcrap that Adam and Eve caused thousands, if not more, years ago.

Jesus cleansed lepers and sent them to the OT God's temple to offer sacrifice.

Some he healed and told them, "Take up your mat and sin no more." Others he sent to the temple because he knew that in their minds the temple and their sacrifices were so ingrained that they would have to have some reconciliation over what happened, by going to the temple(the old way of doing things)

And Jesus himself got a whip of sorts and chased out buyers and sellers from the Old Temple, and stated that is HIS Father's house and it is to be a place of prayer.

What if this act was Jesus losing control of himself and going back towards the human way of thinking/being. If he was One with God, but also Human, there was the 2 natures in him. Which nature was this acting out when God is love?

Everything God did in the OT laid the foundation for things to be done on earth as in heaven - Jesus came to show the way to the new Spiritual temple.

Nothing really matters for me in OT because eventually Jesus comes and changes everything. Sacrificing animals for sins was a pagan act done by pagan groups around the world. The mystics and those with enlightenment in the OT era would never hurt a fly. I myself would personally be against the sacrifice of animals for my sins, when I love our little fury buddies.

Besides, what Jesus teaches and says in the NT, is a bunch of universalities that have always been true. When he said the Kingdom of Heaven is within you, then that has been within for all people from the start of people. Meaning some guy in China in the OT era could have went within to see whats there, and stumble upon the Kingdom of Heaven. Or blessed are the poor in spirit, rings true even before he says that.

I'm a sinner and I had been a real bad girl, knew it, repented for about the same amount of time you studied and was shown great mercy.

Everyone's done bad crap. I feel like Im one of the worst as I have tried just about every bad thing there is, but I learned from them and I understand those things which helps me when I give spiritual guidance to people in person. I had to reach rock bottom and see there's nothing there in order for me to start reaching up to see if God is there. Thats the case for most people having to hit rock bottom before they have anything to do with God.

But you repented and its time to move on. Realize that its the ego/mind that causes all this. But the ego/mind i false. Its a tool for you to use to function in society, but the tool thinks its the real you and has sabotaged the real you. This is the case for everyone in existence. I myself am still wrestling with the false self's traps.

Thats why Jesus said you have to be like Children if you want to enter heaven. Children are pre-ego/mind. They are on the verge of the ego/mind forming and taking over, but in the pre state there is still a purity, love, being, and awareness about existence and life.

One more thing - God does concern Himself with who is right and who is wrong - it's called making righteous judgements.

How do you know God concerns himself with who's right and wrong? DO you know God personally and have Union with God which allows you to experience God's concern in these things? Or is this a product of the mind?

Righteous judgements? Or do not judge??? I'd rather choose the latter and just Love everybody and everything, God, neighbors, and not label or judge anyone or anything.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

DO you know God personally and have Union with God which allows you to experience God's concern in these things? Or is this a product of the mind?

I do know God and I have experienced the mysteries, in the exact order, that I presented them to you in my first post; baptism, chrism, eucharist, redemption & bridal chamber. The Son of Man has arrived for me and I am being taught by God himself - just as it was foretold it would happen.

So in answer to your question, yes, I have experienced his concern. When I read the Genesis account of the Flood, my heart breaks and I cry because I can sense the pain he felt when he had to make that decision. God not only has compassion for his creations but he has empathy. I feel blessed to know such intimate details about him.

It's nice to actually have a dialogue, with someone claiming to go through the mysteries. I searched and searched to find someone else who has remotely went through, what I have and the closest I can find is a Saint a thousand years ago called Symeon the New Theologian.

Since it is Jesus himself, as the Son of Man, who lives in us through the Holy Spirit it just boggles my brain that "this" is what you bring to the board. I realize along with everyone else that Jesus doesn't give to us as the world does - but the Father will give to us, the desires of our hearts, as long as it is his will for us to receive these things.

The desires of my heart have been things that just were a continuous mystery for myself - like the coming of Elijah, or John the Baptist coming first(before the Bridegroom) in Elijah's Spirit, the first resurrection, his face etc.

Though I don't think both of us can be right, it has been a pleasure talking with you.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes you have noticed something that even the 'early church fathers' noticed.

Marcion started his own brand of Christianity called Christian Gnosticism that completely rejected the OT in total and even some parts of the NT.

The bad god-let of the OT is known as a demiurge and is the enemy of the True God of Gnostics.

Anyhow it is something for you to consider since you have noticed this 'OT meanie vs NT nice dude' difference.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You seem to have issues with the "book". In the end what makes the "book" the special thing it is, is "faith". A book is just a book unless you can understand it. It's like having a book with words I can't read untill I somehow come across something to help me interpret those words. The book has to be read with wisdom and understanding in order to gain the knowledge you need. This book has to be read with the help of God. Looking at it with mere human insight makes it a closed and confusing book. If fact, the true meanings are hid from the world and appear as mere foolishness to the lost. That is, except for all the meanings concerning salvation. These scriptures are revealed to everyone alike and are made for us to understand.

As for ET's disqualifying the Bible, it doesn't do that. The Bible talks of them but uses more direct words such as "fallen ones", Nephilim, Serpent, Dragon. etc. The Serpnt that was in the garden of Eden, he could walk, talk, make arguments for his cause, reason, use logic, and make a sales pitch. But he was evil and at war with God. He was cuesed and made to crawl on the ground like a snake, but the rest of his seed wasn't. Now they were but one creature. The Nephilin were another. They were hybrids of human angelic mix. Most were giants of old, but also heroes of old like Herculies, Achillies, etc. The fallen ones also corrupted animal dna and produced intelligent animal hybrids. So there are now many ET's out there. The NT says that they are "pricapalities and powers in the cosmos". Jesus himself said that the "powers" of the "heaveans" will be shaken. Notice that it is plural, "heavens, and powers". Revealation 12 says, ..." rejoice you heavens and you who dwell in them.."

If you take the time with an open mind and heart and read the "book" without prior dictates from other people, you will find that you may begin to see it in a new way.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Are you absolutely positive that aliens that we picture today are actually demons and evil spirits?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Since it is Jesus himself, as the Son of Man, who lives in us through the Holy Spirit it just boggles my brain that "this" is what you bring to the board. I realize along with everyone else that Jesus doesn't give to us as the world does - but the Father will give to us, the desires of our hearts, as long as it is his will for us to receive these things.

MY brother, it is indeed a welcoming to know we have both undergone many of the mysteries. If you want more, there is plenty more in Meister Eckhart, Origen, The Desert Fathers, the Philokalia, St. John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, all more than enough material to span you a few years of reading.

I will say the last stage is Union w/ God. That is the last key and final step in the mysteries. When you are around that stage, then there is no reaction necessary such as "it just boggles my brain that "this" is what you bring to the board."

It a place beyond reactions, judgments, and opinions. Just being w/ God, and in Love w/ the Allness of everything.

I simply brought this to the board asking what people thought about this. In my revelations, I have been shown the OT God is/was a demiurge perhaps. The God I experience has never flooded the earth, but the authors who saw the flood thought it was an act of God and interpreted it that way.

Just like when I caught the Holy Ghost, I started mucking around and putting my opinions and reactions to things shown to me that were beyond words and above most peoples' heads.

Also this is not a competition of who's divine mysteries revealed are correct. You are closer to Symeon and I'm closer to Eckhart. Same boat, different lake.

Just be aware that redemption doesn't rely on whether you believe OT God is same as NT or not. It depends on having direct spiritual Enlightenment, the Spirit, and Union with the Oneness of God.

Marcion started his own brand of Christianity called Christian Gnosticism that completely rejected the OT in total and even some parts of the NT. The bad god-let of the OT is known as a demiurge and is the enemy of the True God of Gnostics.

Yes this is quite true. There were many other varied early Christian groups who thought the same. Yet it's funny because these same groups are also discussing the experiences of the Mysteries of God, getting the Spirit, transcendent Love, and Union.

In reply to fromabove:

If fact, the true meanings are hid from the world and appear as mere foolishness to the lost. That is, except for all the meanings concerning salvation. These scriptures are revealed to everyone alike and are made for us to understand.

Yes I know this personally because once I got the Holy Spirit, the Bible became alive with deeper transcendent meaning. Well what I got out of many parts of the OT is the authors putting their interpretations on a God who can't possibly be interpreted except through direct experience beyond words. God is Love and a form a love that is unconditional and loves everyone equally whether they are Xtians or not. No respector of persons.

In reply to Caveman Tek:

Are you absolutely positive that aliens that we picture today are actually demons and evil spirits?

If the exist, my gut instinct certainly thinks so, then just like us there is those on the dark side and those on the light side. Same boat, different lake.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ah, I love this.

Case in point: The Cathars, 1208AD.

Cathars: "Hey Pope, the god you worship is actually the evil demiurge, the devil, if you will, and you should really worship the nice god above him!"
Pope: "Hey Cathars, f*** you, I'm going to call a crusade on your bitch asses and eradicate you from the face of the planet!"
Cathars: "Oh well, that sure showed us, maybe you do worship the nice god! After all, it's not like genocide in the name of your religion PROVES OUR F***ING POINT OR ANYTHING!"

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

HAhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point Taken!!!!!

It's also funny how all the mystics that were experiencing God directly and discussing these experiences were for the most part tagged as blasphemous heretics excommunicated, jailed, or at least involved in lengthy court proceedings that tarnished their historical image.

Most Churches and organized religion is a crock of S*!%

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Jesus said before Abraham I am, even if he was born afterwards he also said that he knows the father, he is in the father and the father is in him. He does not need to refer to other creator type names.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join