It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Just Don't Get It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Lindsay Graham speaking at a Republican get together in South Carolina talks about the government debt and where it is going over the next 10 years. He parrots the usual Republican talking points and continues to try to use the same divide and conquer mentality that the two party crime family uses to keep us fighting. Then at the end of the speech takes a nice little stab at Ron Paul, “Libertarians”, and “Constitutionalists”. He also talks about how he wants to help us to keep our guns aka the 2nd Amendment. He like other prominent Republicans are doing speeches and townhall meetings all over the country to try and “rebuild their brand”. I just have to say this. Republicans, you just don’t get it do you?

First off who the hell do you think you are going up there and talking about the government debt and government spending? Lindsay Graham voted FOR the TARP. Yes he voted to give YOUR taxpayer dollars to banks so they can lend it back to you AT INTEREST. In fact when you start to delve into his voting record he pretty much voted right in line with the government and their big spending. You have the nerve to go up and talk about fiscal budgets?

Then he goes on to spout about the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms and how he is going to work to protect it. Where the hell does he get the nerve to go up there and talk about how he wants to protect our Bill of Rights when he voted FOR the Patriot Act which essentially wipes away our 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments? Oh I know the Patriot Act saved us from those evil Muslims from killing us. Let’s give up the rights our founding fathers fought and put everything on the line for. Let’s give up our liberty for security right? Wrong. You don’t give up your rights for ANYONE or ANY GOVERNMENT. We have dealt with terrorism in one form or another in our history and did not have to give up our liberties. There were a few exceptions like the Alien & Sedition Act among others that history has shown to be complete failures and un American.

I just want to know Republicans, answer me this question. What are you guys willing to cut back on to justify a low tax rate or even better abolishing the 16th Amendment? Are you going to dig into the $1 trillion dollars we spend running the warfare state/international police state? Are you going to end the $100 billion in money and weapons given to countries like Pakistan, Israel, and Saudi Arabia? Are you going to dig into the $40 billion a year we spend fighting a war on drugs and another $10 billion to hold and jail people who get busted with a little bit of marijuana? How about the $20 billion a year we give in “aid” to Africa and other poor nations. Are you going to end social security? Medicaid? Are you going to end the Dept of Homeland Security, Education, Energy, Agriculture, I mean which big government bureaucracies are you willing to shut down?

This is the problem with Republicans and an ideology that needs to be changed. Everyone wants to talk about lower taxes but no one wants to cut anything. They just want to keep putting it on the charge card. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. People, when you get these so called Republicans in a room you need to ASK THESE QUESTIONS. They get off easy when you ask them about the right toe bear arm and toss up questions like that. It’s time to get tough with these fools. Lindsay Graham for his voting record NEEDS TO BE VOTED OUT!!!!!! He is a disgrace to people who call themselves conservatives and should be voted out immediately. Get rid of these bureaucracies like Dept of Homeland Security, Education, Agriculture, & Energy. Quit giving money & weapons to any country who asks for it. End prohibition, you can't have legislative morality and have it not cost taxpayer dollars. Bring our troops home from these Asian and European countries where they are not needed. The cold war is over it’s time to wake up. They won’t cut any of this though which is why Republicans just don’t get it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Republicans are bad.

Democrats are good.

Republicans are bad.

Democrats are good.

Yep he voted for it and is know argueing against spending. That is kind of hypocritical. Kind of like Nancy Pelosi being briefed on waterboarding and is now saying she didn't know anything about it.

Two sides of the coin playing the same game.

I guess there are some out there that still likes to play the Republican vs Democrat game.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm sitting here trying to think of just one Republican here in the NE that isn't a RINO!!! I can't. I just can't. It's the reason I left the party four years ago! I'm a conservative and I've joined the Constitution party because that's the direction I believe we need to go . Otherwise we will completely loose the Republic Ben Franklin told us about.

Zindo

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Democrats= Republicans.

It's all the same people, they pick a pretend side, say what we want them to say right before election, after election day they go back to bribes etc...

They all suck equally IMHO.

Look at siggy first, and the video is cool 30 secs, but thats beside the point.

We've lost the country, and I don't think that it will ever go back to being what it was intended to be. Sad to say.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Republicans are bad.

Democrats are good.

Republicans are bad.

Democrats are good.

Yep he voted for it and is know argueing against spending. That is kind of hypocritical. Kind of like Nancy Pelosi being briefed on waterboarding and is now saying she didn't know anything about it.

Two sides of the coin playing the same game.

I guess there are some out there that still likes to play the Republican vs Democrat game.

No I dont buy into the crap. Im pointing out where the difference needs to lie. When you vote for a democrat you know you are getting big government and big taxes. Its supposed to be the Republicans that offer the difference and they dont which is what Im pointing out. You're right there is no difference which is what I am pointing out.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Your right, there use to be clear cut lines........there arent anymore , Republicans have just moved farther left and are pretty much just "progressive light" It sickens me.......we dont have any real choices.......this 2 party system needs to stop......we need people who are not affraid to stand up and do the right thing.....that and term limits.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree. And I know because I used to be one!
Democrat also. I'm with the party of kiss my a** now.
I've got first hand experience with both. I agree repubs are worse.
Being alive and broke is better than being dead with money.
It is a fear of being wrong and uncovering the real evidence for yourself,
instead or relying on the msm I think. I have a repub friend and he
will just close up and not even face real verifiable facts no matter what.
Its like he's afraid of having his personal bubble broken or something.
Democrats are at least open minded enough to consider it.
Even if they are both deluded into thinking they matter to the ptb.
During the reagan years I was staunch, I believed they cared about people.
I found out they care about war and money under the guise of religious freedom and predjudice rules their thought pattern. The iran-contra scandal was my wake up call personally.
I found out this country aint been the peoples since the depression.
We let the banks and corporations take control of this great nation.
I liken it to fanaticals who want to enforce their will
on others. Similar to making you choke off their tailpipe while
laughing at you in their-straight from the war-hummers, for instance.
(guess they dont have kids) Or enjoying watching an animal suffer
with that look in their eye like they could not be more happier unless
it were more dead.
We peed in this bed, no one will clean it up but us.
I fault the spineless dems too for letting them get away with it, voting
with and actually continuing and contributing to the downfall.
I congradulate the repubs for teaching them well at this point.
The dems sure arent giving us our rights(or money)back are they?
The smoothest presidential transition in history and the bailouts proves
who really owns this country. I would post some links but if you are reading this you can sure look for yourself. Google bailouts.
Then see which congressmen voted for what.
If we can ever take some responsibility for voting these losers in,
we will finally be on the right path again. We have become a nation of shoppers and tv watchers, what do we expect?
The writings been on the wall for awhile.
Whos fault is it for ignoring it all this time?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A lot of the Republicans serving in public office in Washington are RINOS. But there are a lot of us out here in the real world who support Ron Paul. We are also looking for those who are real Reagan Republicans, those who believe in the constitution the way the Founding Fathers wrote it, a constituion which establishes the Law Of The Land.
Although I am a registered Republican, and active in my local area, if Ron Paul had been on the ballot I would have voted for him.
The GOP is moving back to the right. The people are sick and tired of those who march in lockstep with the majority, rather than voting what the people want.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm a conservative, and the Republican Party makes me want to puke. Pretentious bastards who really don't care for the nation, but are more interested in perpetuating their positions in Congress.

They have become so adept at lying, they themselves cannot tell the difference any more. When one practices deceptions and lies at every turn, after a while you can't tell the difference.

Good men have gone to Washington, and in no time were as crooked as a dog's hind leg. There is something in the water, or a gas that permeates from the ground, or a virus that rapidly spreads, creating an environment for delusion.

They forget Walt Grimsley's first rule of bull#ting. Never start believing your own bull#.

Term limits, and the States appoint the Senators, just as our founding fathers intended.

Not having to become a whore to get reelected time and again, they would be free to do the People's business.

Right now, they keep showing up, term after term, like skid marks in a fat man's boxers.

Edit: Censor circumvention removed.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by intrepid]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In MY opinion I would look up ANY and I mean ANY Republican who voted for TARP or the Patriot Act and vote them out of office. That would send a message to the party to get their # together. As long as the keep getting re elected while doing this # nothing is going to change. I would rather vote for a democrat to get a Republican out of office who isnt doing his duty. If ima get a democrat in office Im gonna vote for one....period. When we vote all these guys off who betrayed us it will send the message bright and clear. This video is a GREAT example of what needs to be done to TARP voters or anyone who votes away our liberty...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Vote him out and put who in? If there are only two choices, Republican or Democrat, I'd rather take my chances with a republican. At least they can get embarrassed by going too liberal. Democrats on the other hand have nothing to lose because they tell you that's what they are.

This whole thing is way too messed up. I don't like either party, at all. To vote for the lesser of the two evils is not good enough. We definitely need, no... DESERVE... something better.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
In MY opinion I would look up ANY and I mean ANY Republican who voted for TARP or the Patriot Act and vote them out of office. That would send a message to the party to get their # together. As long as the keep getting re elected while doing this # nothing is going to change. I would rather vote for a democrat to get a Republican out of office who isnt doing his duty. If ima get a democrat in office Im gonna vote for one....period. When we vote all these guys off who betrayed us it will send the message bright and clear. This video is a GREAT example of what needs to be done to TARP voters or anyone who votes away our liberty...

www.youtube.com...

We can't afford messages like that. The Democratic Congress (along with some of the republican for sure) have certainly sped up the downfall of our country. If we vote them out, who gets in? Do you really want an entire Democratic Congress?? So much for checks and balances... we wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

We can't afford messages like that. The Democratic Congress (along with some of the republican for sure) have certainly sped up the downfall of our country. If we vote them out, who gets in? Do you really want an entire Democratic Congress?? So much for checks and balances... we wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

I disagree. If they are voting with the Democrats anyways why keep him in? I'd rather have a Democrat who votes Democrat that way I can vote in a true conservative. I dont know why true conservatives arent running against these fakes?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Republicans don't get. They better wake up soon. McCain 2008 was a freaking joke. Moving away from Reagan ideals is a huge mistake.

They see what is going on with the TEA Parties, and their big idea is a "listening tour????" The people are speaking, but they are too deaf to hear.

When a party resorts to having to listen to the people, they are out of ideas and definately out of leadership. When Reagan spoke...people listened...and they definately liked what they heard. Unfortunately the Republicans have no leadership and have to resort to pandering. Pandering is not leadership.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Okay, we'll play the label game. I'm a conservative, with latent liberal tendancies, bisected by dominant constitionalist traits.

X This is where you tell me to WAKE UP! and we have a lovely chat about your typing skills, my lack of gerunds and tendancy for dangling participles, verbosity and being overfond of my own wit.

You think all the problems with the U.S. began 8 years ago with Bush Jr.? Really? Listen, here's a truth: They all love money and power, and when they get in power, they forget about the small things (that's you and me) and concentrate on furthering their own causes and pocketbooks and special interest groups. President Obama doesn't seem much different to me. Dont' get me wrong, I support him, becuase although I didn't want him to be President, he was elected by the people, and he lands at a pivotal time in American history. He will help America over the hump or not. I wouldn't want his job.

I want less government. President Obama is not leaning in that direction. I want government to handle infrastructure, national defense, border control and while I believe that the Constitution can be modified by majority will, I sure as hell don't believe in Presidential decree to negate ANY part of the Constitution.

Now, from here........... how do we all get the country back together toward a common goal? Polarization? Wedge us even further apart, or discover common ground? hmmmmmmm. tough decision.

Will it take a down and dirty depression to unite the American people as a whole, or has that time passed?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by argentus]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It supposed to be freedom vs. tyranny.

Taxation (even with representation since the truest form of represented taxation is just you giving what you want to the charity or individual you want) is tyranny.

Infringing on or claiming natural rights do not exist is tyranny.

Requiring fees, permits, regulations on anything is tyranny.

Imposing artificial 'moral' values by means of jack-booted thugs is tyranny.

The Democrats and Republicans are 98% tyrant working towards the same big government no freedom goals. They can get away with it because the voting block is made up of 98% morons who either think there is a difference, vote in a simplistic "this party made me mad so I'll vote for the other one" manner or actually want every waking (and most sleeping) moments of their lives to be traced back to some government statute.

I dont know why we can't just split the nation in two and give those who want to be slaves a proper slave state and those who want to be free a proper free state.

The inevitable conclusion of the slave state rising up to capture the free state to save us from ourselves or stem the tide of branded "illicit" activity on the border or to procure more assets to fund their nanny state would be a sight to see. Would a force fighting for their slavers defeat a force fighting for themselves?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A lot of people are now realizing that the two-party dictatorship is killing the country. Those who look at the Bushies with disgust are beginning to see the Obama's as their successors. Those who voted for Obama to stop the unwarranted wiretapping of Americans, undermining of civil liberties and the Constitution through the Un-Patriot Act, ending the occupation of Iraq and policing its eternal civil/religious wars, neverending outsourcing of American jobs, etc. - these will continue regardless.

Remember what James Madison said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

...and Benjamin Franklin, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

No one knew more about human nature than the Founding Fathers.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I dont wanna get flamed or start an argument but I need to ask a question...

G.W. for 8 years ran our country into the ground. By dividing our forces between 2 wars, throwing trillons of dollars on wars abroad while we have people here dying of starvation and lack of insurance. Piece by piece he took away our rights (no knock warrants, warrantless phone taps and the like) and I dont hear anyone mention that. Why? Barack has been in office 3 months-ish and others are ready to begin a revolution. Ok Barack gave TARP money.. but IIRC Bush did exactly that as well right before he left.

As I said.. I am just curious. No flaming needed.

Dax

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
I mean which big government bureaucracies are you willing to shut down? This is the problem with Republicans and an ideology that needs to be changed.

Frankly, I don't see the point of specifically addressing this to "the Republicans"... The government that is going to get us all killed is being run right now by a majority of Democrats in the Legislative and Executive branches, and Democrats notoriously advocate expansion of the central government and the redistribution of national wealth, through their shortsighted philosophy of no government program left behind.

Over the last 20 years, Republicans have all but abandoned their conservative, small government values, and today they resemble nothing so much as mindless and compliant drones for the Democrat Party. That's why true conservatives across the country no longer respect the GOP, and it probably accounts for the election of Barack Hussein, as well. No self-respecting conservative could bring himself to vote for the moderate-to-left-leaning John McCain, and I think a huge number of conservatives simply chose not to vote in the general election.

So, scolding the GOP for their lack of traditional Republican values is an exercise in futility. Theirs is a party that cannot and will not regain the respect of conservative voters for at least a couple of election cycles, and the GOP simply doesn't have a mandate to reform themselves. They've already betrayed their constituency by aligning with Democrats on too many important issues.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

This is the problem with Republicans and an ideology that needs to be changed

How about this...

Rather than point the finger at one particular 'party' and let them live in your head without paying rent, why don't you just make sure to vote for the issue that YOU care about...

That way you are not constrained via bias (party lines), and the public gets one more worthy vote from someone that genuinely cares...

An example would be that you want more 'Reaganomics' yet want to ensure that women have the right to choose; yet, if you voted along party lines, you would deny women the right to choose and diminsh your own beliefs and maybe get more favorable Free Market policies...

Seems pretty cut-n-dry to me...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join