It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu no worse than regular flu, Napolitano says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The swine flu virus that has sparked fear and precautions worldwide appears to be no more dangerous than the regular flu virus that makes its rounds each year, U.S. officials said Monday.

www.cnn.com...

Mod Edit/Note: Citation snipped and external source tags added.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So there ya go all you "it's the end of the world" paranoid Alex Jones fans. You can relax now, and if you get it, drink lots of water, stay at home, and maybe enjoy some nice icecream and ginger ale, something that always soothed me when I had the flu as a kid.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

Mod Note: Continuation of pasted article removed. Please review above instructions for citing external material.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And yet, the WHO is about to declare phony panic level 6? When does the insanity stop?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I thought the same thing until Napolitano said it.

Now I have to sit back and rethink it seeing as how she is a moron.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
And make the icecream Neopolitan

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Funny that we have 190 cases in California with the tally for the Bay area going from 20 to 39 just today and we have 15 schools closed with more on the way. SO sorry but we don't get seriously ill and have to close school's here for the "regular flu" every year.
But hey maybe we can deliver all that ice cream and ginger ale to the hospital's where our children are? Good idea yes?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Seriously, I think some heads have to roll for this farce. When you consider that James S. Robertson, Britain's top bioengineer of viruses, and the same bastard who designed this insane birdpigman concoction is the main advisor to the WHO, and when you consider that Donald Rumsfeld is one of the biggest shareholders of Gilead Sciences, the company that will make millions when their Tamiflu is sold... well it starts to paint a pretty dirty picture when you connect all the dots. Heads need to roll. I mean these criminals have to be put away by the thousands.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wake up, it's a global psy-op.

They need to keep us in fear, not just to make money, or for political power, but I honestly think, to prevent our phychological and spiritual evolution en mass as a species.

And if that's the case, it's no wonder California would be a target, since all novel spiritual movements eminate from the west.

So yeah, enjoy some Neopolitan Full Spectrum Rainbow colored icecream, and bubbly ginger ale, and seek within the solution to the problems of the world without, because if we want to change this sick world, then we must be the very change we seek.

/end rant

[edit on 5-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

And mark my words,if and when the flame is held to there feet for it,the excuse will be it was for the greater good to infect people with this to give the worlds population some kinda immunity to this #...

mark my words..the writing is on the wall..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This thing smelled like a global psy-op and a type of false flag "inside job" all along, and there is a LOT of suspicion out there, both about the true nature of this virus, and the MSM generated mass hysteria over it. The WHO, the CDC are complicit.

Napolitano (or whatever her name is) is now just trying to distance the Obama administration from all the hype, and to appear as the first voice of reason - it's just politically motivated.

I am so grateful for how FAST and efficiently the collective consciousness sets to work at "grokking" these things most fully.

And for those who were duped by it, you won't be fooled again now will you? And you cannot be blamed for buying into the hype, it's human nature, when issues of survival are brought into question, and that is precisely the mechanism they USE, as a psychological tool.

Next time something like this emerges, let's kill it right out of the gate with full conscious awareness, and yes, I am even referring to the virus itself and to it's spread. And I am speaking here to those with great faith, like I have, in what is becoming possible for the fully consciously aware human being.

Best Regards,

OP

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It appears to me that most people or many, prefer the hype and the terror to the reality, I guess it's more exciting...

I think there's something deep within most of us, that kind of WANTS things to go really bad.. which is saddening. People always fear the very worst and the MSM plays on that, as to those who gain power from such things.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I would say the swine flu is slightly less dangerous than the regular seasonal-flu. And what do we as a society do with things that are slightly less dangerous than the norm? We get Geraldo's mustache on the the case.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
When this crap started and i heard the words WHO and homeland security mentioned in the same sentence, a BIG false flag raised. People get sick and die every year from the flu.

I wonder if this has anything to do with 'universal healthcare'.

Than their is this.........

Obama's healthcare

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So swine flu may or may not be worse than regular influenza. I think that's still up for debate. The statistics don't prove squat, as we know there's more cases then being reported. Not only that, this thing expands in waves. It attacks a few, then several, then many. Plus it takes weeks after the original infection for secondary infections to possibly do one in. We can't possibly come up with an accurate mortality rate right now.

The question is what is the probability that this virus re-assorts with h5n1, or hiv, or h3n2? What are the real chances of this? I understand it's possible, but how likely?

I don't have a clue if this was engineered in a lab. What I do know is regardless of that, TPTB will use this issue to push their agenda. This doesn't mean the whole thing was a farce, it just means they're playing their cards right.

It's known that it's just a matter of time before the next global pandemic happens. The first sign was the emergence of bird flu in 1997. Now we have a real chance of h1n1 mutating with that. What chance really, though? Less than 1%? 5%? 50%?

This is what I want to know...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
How about everybody just take a nice breath of fresh air, and RELAX!

Then, turn OFF the TV, and make sure you give and recieve at least four hugs per day, and then maybe we can BEGIN to figure out how to make this world a better place for one and all.

We need a re-start here, a new beginning, a clean slate and something novel and viral, born of love, as opposed to mass hysteria and paranoia and a flu bug hatched in some Donald Rumsfeld invested CDC and WHO affiliated laboratory.

I think they want to inject us all with something to kill the pineal gland or something along those lines, but for now, there's still time to overcome their plans with rising conscious awareness and fierce determination, to make it to the gate and individually and collectively, pass through the royal arch and into the expansive realm of everlasting freedom, love and mutuality.

Pay them no heed and work from your own sphere of influence, however big or small, to re-make this world for all generations to come, starting with a clear mind, and regular hugs. That's my prescription and antidote.

Think differently, adopt a novel perspective and prepare to recieve with open arms a new worldview - that's what we ought to be working on. Screw these distractions! We don't have time for this nonsense any more, there are more important things to consider and be involved with.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I haven't watched T.V. in years.

Species are lost daily. They take millions of years to evolve.

We're extincting no matter what the few in the know choose to focus their intent towards.

Talking about generations of love is quite the ideal, but in reality, our grand kids will have quite a hard time living on the earth due to what this generation, the previous few, and the next have done, are doing, and will be doing.

There's no sign of change. There's talk of change, but nobody's really gonna change their lifestyle until they're forced to. Then it'll be too late.

Enjoy your life, but don't expect the same of your children, or your grandchildren. It's better to face reality...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

That kind of apathy is as much a part of the problem as the problem itself.

What's need to bring a change or a transformation (since change is just something different from or better than what went before, which isn't good enough) in action and in the overall flow of historical causation, is first a change in thinking, or I should say a transformation. What will that look like? Interconnectedness and interdependance will need to be the central theme, and open mindedness, to new ways of thinking and of being, out of which flow new ways of acting or behaving. And to start with, apathy in the face of extreme challenge, that will have to be done away with right out of the gate. I don't mean to sound judgemental towards your self professed "realism". I'm just saying that it's not the least bit helpful.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
That kind of apathy is as much a part of the problem as the problem itself.

No. People with their heads in the clouds while a potentially fatal virus is going around the world that has the hallmarks of the 1918 pandemic that killed 40 million people are the problems.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
To be honest, with all the misstatements this lady has made I would not believe her if she said the sun was shining in the middle of July or that it was hot in August (northern hemisphere).

O'bama really needs to show her the exit...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What I said may seem like apathy, but it was born out of a deep empathic sense. Awareness comes from empathy. I didn't stumble onto these findings by not caring.

You say my realism isn't helpful? I say the same to your idealism. It's attempting to paint a beautiful picture that just isn't so. What you say about interconnectedness and interdependence makes perfect sense, except most people aren't even close to this type of thinking.

Do you really think it possible for the majority to change their lifestyle, to change their inner way of being in less than one generation? That's what needs to happen, in order for the majority of species to not become extinct.

It's not apathy, it's acceptance. A very hard one that I haven't been able to do yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join