It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creationism and how things evolve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Creationism, things are spoken into life. The word is life, the word is light, the word is sound, the word scientifically is a set of frequenties.

Evolution..... up or downwards? There are bursts of upward evolvement.

spoke

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwaveEvolution..... up or downwards? There are bursts of upward evolvement.

spoke

True. Evolution happens when a mutation occurs. It can be a favorable mutation or a unfavorable one. Without mutations the critters stay static.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Don't forget natural selection. I fancy I can see that happening on even my own little microsystem -- wild chickens. They produce offspring that are either yellow or black. The black ones are almost impossible to see in the bush if they hold still and are quiet. The yellow ones stand out. When a presumed predator approaches, the hens somehow settle the chicks down and they freeze, quietly tucked around their mother.

I see very few of the yellow chicks -- if any -- survive. I believe it is because the wild dogs and feral cats spy them and eat them. It's the only explanation I can think of, as they all seem to run equally fast.

We're now on our sixth generation (near as I can figure) of wild chickens. They came from a nearby coop in which the owner elected to turn them loose and range "free". So far this year, I've seen no hens with yellow chicks, except one, and she only had one yellow and six black.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Don't forget natural selection. I fancy I can see that happening on even my own little microsystem -- wild chickens. They produce offspring that are either yellow or black. The black ones are almost impossible to see in the bush if they hold still and are quiet. The yellow ones stand out. When a presumed predator approaches, the hens somehow settle the chicks down and they freeze, quietly tucked around their mother.

The coloration, if it doesn't change over time, is a mutation. "Natural selection" helps determine which mutations are favorable and which unfavorable.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Can someone run this through BabbleFish and translate it for me. Am I stupid or something because I dont understand the OP. Maybe I have been deafened by the Lord.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Agree. The coloration of the chicks -- at least in the 15 years we've been here -- are either yellow or black. Initially there seemed to be a general even mix of both. Of late, just the one yellow that I've seen. I can think of no other reason for their genes not being passed on (the yellow) other than they don't survive. Now there may be reasons I haven't thought of to account for why the yellow don't survive, but if my reasoning is sound, then that is a micro-natural selection -- the more adapted coloration survives....... sort of like the mechanisms that produce camoflauge in various species.

Cheers

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Agree. The coloration of the chicks -- at least in the 15 years we've been here -- are either yellow or black. Initially there seemed to be a general even mix of both. Of late, just the one yellow that I've seen. I can think of no other reason for their genes not being passed on (the yellow) other than they don't survive. Now there may be reasons I haven't thought of to account for why the yellow don't survive, but if my reasoning is sound, then that is a micro-natural selection -- the more adapted coloration survives....... sort of like the mechanisms that produce camoflauge in various species.

Cheers

All mutations are "micro", unless somebody has DNA that you can see with the naked eye and I wasn't notified.

I was just wondering if the yellow chicks turned black after a bit? If they don't, and the yellow ones are disappearing, it's likely predation or disease is the culprit.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I'm not trying to speak for the OP. While I don't endorse creationism, I think what the OP has done is create a prose that says basically, The ALL THAT IS created the word, and the word of God has power to create, and modify and evolve. That's what I get from it anyway. For myself, there is no disparity between spirituality and science....... sort of different language for similar phenomenon, however I do believe that Creationism seeks to introduce religion under the guise of inexact and smushy science and therefore is not my cuppa tea. JMO.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you so much. You are a genius if you could figure that out.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I hope the OP doesn't mind us taking this minor divergence from the vector of the thread.

Yes, you're quite right. At one time, I could see the yellow chicks grow and molt into a light-colored chicken adult. The black ones seem to maintain that same dark coloration, although not AS dark as an adult. It's been a sort of interesting observation of mine. If these were cooped chickens, I think all bets would be off, but since they range in the bush, SOMETHING is causing the lighter colored chicks to die before adulthood. The reason I see them at all is that they required cleared ground to dig in to find food and sand. The only cleared ground for several hundred yards is our little 2000 sq. ft. around the house.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So what he is saying is that God spoke and when he spoke DNA spat out of his mouth like when you start talking and you accidentally spit a little drop?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

So what he is saying is that God spoke and when he spoke DNA spat out of his mouth like when you start talking and you accidentally spit a little drop?

Sound like the creationist spin on things, certainly.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Oh if its the creationist spin on it wouldnt it be more like God spat out DNA 6000 years ago and the day before he spat out an entire universe that just appears to be 14 billion years old (give or take a billion).

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh if its the creationist spin on it wouldnt it be more like God spat out DNA 6000 years ago and the day before he spat out an entire universe that just appears to be 14 billion years old (give or take a billion).

You forget that the speed of light used to be slower "back then". Evidently that was enough for T-rex to be a vegetarian.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I went to the Creation Museum in KY and they said that maybe the speed of light is different in different parts of the universe, so maybe its faster in those parts that is why we can see stars that are more than 6000 light years away.

I know I can be full of it sometimes, but I swear this is a true story.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I went to the Creation Museum in KY and they said that maybe the speed of light is different in different parts of the universe, so maybe its faster in those parts that is why we can see stars that are more than 6000 light years away.

I know I can be full of it sometimes, but I swear this is a true story.

That one gets a Hovind Factor of 10 every time I hear it. The mental contortions that are required for "creation science" would be enough to get a person locked up in a heavily upholstered room if anyone thought they were actually serious.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Creationism, things are spoken into life. The word is life, the word is light, the word is sound, the word scientifically is a set of frequenties.

Evolution..... up or downwards? There are bursts of upward evolvement.

spoke

this is an excellent philosophy, alot of other cultures have somewhat this same teaching, makes one wonder if someone went out into the world to bring this good-news to the cultures they had traveled to.

to some Indian cultures that 'Word' is Om and to some western cultures the 'Word' is very literal and dualistic meaning (the Word) and (the Good Book)

new topics

top topics

join