It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John K. Hutchison a proven fraud?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienMike
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Pretty bold statement, care to back it up with some references? Maybe reproduce that video with the canonball and wrench, or the drill bits? Actually you claimed you could reproduce the entire video, that would be great!

Might want to take a closer look at that ufo video, maybe find one with the original sound in it, or the explanation beforehand? It is out there.

Then why did you not just give us this explanation for a string that moves in perfect synchronisity with the UFO. I am sure it is a good one. As far as reproducing those videos, as long as you are telling people it is out there. There are entire websites dedicated to showing how to recreate his effects. Go to youtube, there are many recreations of his effects and the real explanations for them. Simple camera tricks for the most part. That ball and wrench thing would be so simple to reproduce but you go ahead and take a look. Come back with that explanation though.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Gawdzilla

Pretty bold statement, care to back it up with some references? Maybe reproduce that video with the canonball and wrench, or the drill bits? Actually you claimed you could reproduce the entire video, that would be great!

Might want to take a closer look at that ufo video, maybe find one with the original sound in it, or the explanation beforehand? It is out there.

It's a fraud. Live with it. I told you how to reproduce the "effect", take it from there.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Do some research. His works have been duplicated and has been shown to be hoaxes. Like I said, this isn't the first time it has been brought up on ATS. Like this thread for instance: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's an wikipedia page as a starting point : en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hey everyone, I have been seeing a bunch of people lately asserting the John Hutchison and the Hutchison Effect being a proven fraud; here on ATS and other places. I have done a little research into him but I haven't found anything that proves fraud or a hoax, am I missing something?

In my research I have seen people battle back and forth over this topic for a while now. I remember one or two cases that deal with electromagnetic effects that seem to correlate with John Hutchison's experiments. One of them some people might remember, that was the Michael "Mad Man" Marcum case.

Marcum said he initially was trying to create a small "Jacob's ladder" (a spark that continuously travels between two metal rods), and to do this he used a laser from a CD player to produce the arcing. But during the experiment he noticed a strange shimmering effect above the arc. He threw a screw into it, which he said temporarily disappeared.

Marcum then decided he wanted to try the experiment on a larger scale, and stole six unused power transformers from a Missouri power station. Subsequent experiments caused brownouts in the area, and eventually the police investigated, arresting Marcum for theft of the transformers.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

The other case was similar to the Michael Marcum case but it was mentioned somewhere in the back of amasci.com........ Oh, here is the page: amasci.com...

You will have to scroll down through most of the page to get to the post.

This case involved someone who at the time of the event was 14 years old. Lets see here, ok I might as well post some of it.

"Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd. The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light, and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas. I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter, and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop. Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball; and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating."

"Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing) would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity. So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread, and plugged the circuit in. The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in, IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?"

"What makes this so odd? It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had the first time around. The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes."

Craig Johnson
Seattle, WA USA - Friday, January 21, 2000 at 03:37:35 (PST)

It is my theory that these cases somehow correlate, I have my theories though. I think the second case might in fact be someone trying to reaveal the truth from the back pages of a fairly interesting website, or it might be he really didn't know what he was doing, but it sure seemed like he did......

Any thoughts?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Elzon]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Elzon]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

Coast to Coast? Why don't you get Alex Jones as an expert witness? Coast to Coast is pure entertainment as Art Bell has been known to associate with proven frauds and even defend them in order to sell his radio show and their books.

How can any rational person believe any of this is real when it can never be recreated under controlled conditions? Amazing how these men are able to defy the laws of physics but only when nobody is watching and only in the places they choose and some of them even use strings to make it happen. ATS saddens me lately.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
DP sorry

[edit on 3-5-2009 by evil incarnate]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
How can any rational person believe any of this is real when it can never be recreated under controlled conditions?

What is the job of a senior scientist as Boyd Bushman once pointed out in an interview? "To do things never before done." Think about that for a moment. These are things that don't exist in any text books...So by your definition of what is "real" is something that has been duplicated over and over in the lab. So by that way of thinking, nothing any of these senior scientists do presently would ever be considered "real."

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreezerWhat is the job of a senior scientist as Boyd Bushman once pointed out in an interview? "To do things never before done." Think about that for a moment. These are things that don't exist in any text books...So by your definition of what is "real" is something that has been duplicated over and over in the lab. So by that way of thinking, nothing any of these senior scientists do presently would ever be considered "real."

If it's not repeatable, it never happened as far as the credible scientific community is concerned. Hutch is an OCD with a touch of showmanship, but nothing more.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

I never said over and over and over. I said just once. They cannot actually do any of this stuff in front of or for any real scientists. All they can do is make films. There is a huge difference between that and making a new discovery.

How about you think about this. I can shoot fire from my eyes. No one else can see it and it does not actually give off heat or do any damage. Does it matter that I say I can do it? Think about that for a moment.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Elzon

Coast to Coast? Why don't you get Alex Jones as an expert witness? Coast to Coast is pure entertainment as Art Bell has been known to associate with proven frauds and even defend them in order to sell his radio show and their books.

How can any rational person believe any of this is real when it can never be recreated under controlled conditions? Amazing how these men are able to defy the laws of physics but only when nobody is watching and only in the places they choose and some of them even use strings to make it happen. ATS saddens me lately.

Well, I used coast to coast for the Micheal Marcum case because that was where it was reported.

During the time I was studying the correlation of the 3 cases I come across a few things that suggests that these occurences are actually within the bounds of modern physics. The situation with these occurences is similar to the time when the wright brothers discovered how to manufacture a heavier than air flying machine. "Physicists" of the time stated that it couldn't be done according to their calculations, which they were right, they just didn't have the data points that the wright brothers did. The pyhsics were there, they just didn't understand the concept of the wing, which in reality can be quite complex in it's workings.

It is my theory that in all these cases, the experimenters merely came across an effect that (I think) involves vibrating all of the atoms in the subject material in a way that they all vibrate in synchronicity. This vibratory synchronicity prevents the atoms from bumping into each other. This completely avoids atom on atom friction and therefore avoiding thermodynamics almost entirely!

This method of manipulating materials could very well lead to some impressive new types of technology as well as new methods of manufacturing. Seeing that various materials can be combined with little to no reaction could lead to some very interesting new materials. Oh and I forgot to mention, this is probably the same electromagnetic effect that allow objects/people to actually move/walk through solid walls!

By the way you might want to check out the website www.amasci.com

The website has some very interesting information from experienced persons and I find it all very, very interesting
I particularly like the misconceptions page, very interesting, mind you I discovered this site when I was like 14 years old, lots of good stuff on there. I would think a site like amasci.com is a great place for those looking to understand things like physics or electromagnetism

WOW, for a newb poster, that was a long one for me.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I heard Hutchinson admit on Coast to Coast that some of the video was faked because he was under pressure from a TV company. So yes, he is a proven fraud by his own admission.

He's been at this for years and years, and has never show real proof of anything.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

You found this the site when you were about 14? So how old are you now? There was no internet when I was 14 so I have to guess I have a few years on you. Keep looking. Eventually you will understand that nothing any of these men did is any good since they cannot recreate it or put it to use.

Let me put it like this. 450 years ago, I discovered the key to immortality. I can show you documents and photo evidence of my long life. The problem is, I am the only that can do this. I cannot share it or explain it to you. I cannot really even prove it in way other than some admittedly fake films. Do you believe me? Better yet, do you care?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
If it's not repeatable, it never happened as far as the credible scientific community is concerned.

Correct, although that doesn't mean it never happened.

I never said over and over and over. I said just once.

And I gave you 1 example being the crystal battery. Hutchison developed this crystal battery, and it was replicated by Marcus Reid.

How about you think about this. I can shoot fire from my eyes. No one else can see it and it does not actually give off heat or do any damage. Does it matter that I say I can do it? Think about that for a moment.

And I have no clear evidence to say you can't shoot fire from your eyes.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

Those two cases correlate by the fact that they are stories told by two people who are full of crap. If either one of these accomplished either of these things they would be able to reproduce them and they wouldnt be on Coast 2 Coast with every other nut case.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Elzon

Those two cases correlate by the fact that they are stories told by two people who are full of crap. If either one of these accomplished either of these things they would be able to reproduce them and they wouldnt be on Coast 2 Coast with every other nut case.

I assure you those two people are not "full of crap", remember humans are mostly composed of water

Oh, and for the record, one of the cases of which I speak was in fact not on coast to coast. The one that wasn't on coast to coast I found near the bottom of this page: amasci.com...

And what if the wright brothers were on a radio show something like coast to coast, would they be considered nut jobs as well

By the way you might want to check out this site: www.amasci.com...
You just might learn something interesting

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

I stand corrected.. they are mostly water

Ok as far as the wright brothers they would not have been on coast 2 coast because they would have realized that it would make them look like they were a pair of lunatics. It would be bad for marketing
I for one wouldnt want to fly on a plane that was invented by 2 guys that were on C2C.

I checked out that website and it didnt look like an authoritative source on science, but I might buy me some of those magnets. Maybe I can be like Boyd Bushman and screw them on a stick with their north poles facing and invent antigravity

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Elzon

I stand corrected.. they are mostly water

Ok as far as the wright brothers they would not have been on coast 2 coast because they would have realized that it would make them look like they were a pair of lunatics. It would be bad for marketing
I for one wouldnt want to fly on a plane that was invented by 2 guys that were on C2C.

I checked out that website and it didnt look like an authoritative source on science, but I might buy me some of those magnets. Maybe I can be like Boyd Bushman and screw them on a stick with their north poles facing and invent antigravity

Even though the Wright brothers didn't go on a radio show like coast to coast, they were still seen as lunatics.

They had to go overseas to sell their heavier than air craft, to the french no less.

Owner of amasci.com: WILLIAM J. BEATY, Research Engineer on staff at the University of Washington in Seattle
Biography: amasci.com...

This might give you a good laugh: amasci.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Freezer, I can duplicate that first vid with no trouble at all. I simply put a camera inside a box, and rotate the box. Or draw a vacuum on it for the bleach bottle.

People, BS filters, they're more important than respirators.

Actually you said that you could do it easily. I thought that if it was that easy then you might do it. Then you just ask me to accept your assertion that he is a fraud. Sorry, I don't accept that as proof.

That is part of the problem I'm seeing here and during the researching I did. I figured that if there were that many people making assertions of truth that he had been proven a fraud that, man, there must be something really convincing out there or he smooth got caught perpetrating a hoax.

So far I've seen some poorly done reproduction attempts at a select few of the effects shown in John Hutchison's videos and some people talking about how they thought he faked his effects.

Then I ran into people being confused on the "ufo on a string" experiment being a hoax. I found the original video with the sound and John was talking about the wire or string being attached and he was basically doing an experiment that T.T. Brown did. He stated that the wire/string was attached before starting the experiment, how is that a hoax? Everything else I have found seemed to be based on these so far.

Is there anything other than some cruddy attempts to show how it might have been faked that don't look quite as genuine as the originals? Anything other than people getting mixed up on the "ufo on a string" thing and the horde of people making claims and assurances that he is a fraud with no evidence that I am encouraged to accept because "they know he is"?

Those guys making the videos and claims really seem to want to discredit John Hutchison. I thought for sure I would find the smoking gun on one of their sites or a link to it. I haven't so far. I wouldn't call someone a fraud based on what I have seen so far.

So once again, am I missing something?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubberBaron
I heard Hutchinson admit on Coast to Coast that some of the video was faked because he was under pressure from a TV company. So yes, he is a proven fraud by his own admission.

Do you happen to know what year and month? Maybe you could provide a link to it, saved on YouTube maybe? That would surely be some "incriminating" evidence!

C'mon hes been doing these videos for how long? Someone has found evidence in all those videos of a string, some proof of video editing or something, right?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
has this guy duplicate any of his tricks..uh.i mean experiments in front of a panel of scientists?Or is it so secret that he can only show them on video from one prespective point of veiw?..I mean it is easy to see that some of those videos where shot up side down...

This guys better that Houdini..with a video camera..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join