It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Quija boards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have a couple questions about Quija boards. The first one is, if I were to make one, would it have to be make our of something special, or would anything do. If I make one, do I have to do something to get it to work?

The second question is, is it possible to use a Ouija board by yourself, or will it only work if others are with you? [I know that doing it by yourself probably isn't a good thing, but I was just curious.]

Thanks for your answers!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I dont think using one is a good idea anyway.
Steer clear of those things.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I second the first replyer's opinion. Very dangerous to play with
something that opens doors or pathways that you can't close.

Why would you want to build one anyway???

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

I wasn't planning on actually building one and using it. It was something I was thinking about the other day and I was curious if there was something "special" done to it or if it's just a normal slab of wood and such.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

hello Octotom

it is the intent that allows spirits (demons IMHO) to talk to and through the ones that use them (i have had experience of this in my past)

the "board" is only there for a visual communication, which is needed unless someone is open and/or allows possession.

The board also allows for concentration of the individuals around it to focus on the same thing. Its design really is irrelevant.

David

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Since your original question has yet to be answered.

No. Normal Ouija boards are not made from some special material. They were/are distributed by games companies and are made from normal materials such as cardboard and ink. The "reader/communicator" device you place your hands on is normally of plastic construction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helped.

Good luck and if you decide to use it (you can do so by yourself, but it is recommended to use other people) be careful.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
if you want spirits of the dead to hang around you all the time and have numerous voices in your had through out the day and then seek schitzophrenia treatment like 2 people I personally know, then be my guest.

Meditation is SOOOOOOooooo much better and more advanced and safer.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It would probably be better if you use it with a few people around. Some studies show that an ideometric effect causes the movement of the glass, the more people you have, the stronger the movement of the glass will be. No spirits here!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Don’t listen to them, build one and see the effect of subconscious thought.

You should build the board out of a stolen head stone and the planchette could be made out of chicken bones or a paper plate....it really makes no difference because the Ouija board is just a game.

Now let the flaming begin as posters proceed to tell me how the Ouija is not just a game and that its a portal to the netherworld and if you mess with it you will be haunted by a demon just as they are for using one and that they have never been the same.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
we made one out of a plain piece of paper and drew everything in. we used a simple glass trinket dish for the planchette. It was the most frightening of all our encounters, so anything will work.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Go ahead and make one. Use a high quality nice wood burning pen for the letters, yes, no, bye, #'s, etc. If you can paint well, try a few silhouettes of some cool demons, around the border Then clear coat with a wood treatment so it is very nice and smooth. If it is not smooth at this point you will want to use a 0000 or 00000 steel wool to make it very slick. Take your time.

Invite your friends over, have a party, at the end of the night break out the new toy and let the ideometer, I mean Ouija board make its magic. It is a fun party tool.

EDIT: Yes you can use it yourself but the more users the better, ideometer is more effective that way.

Take care,

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Stockburn]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just wonder why and how is so simple to open portals with simple tablet with letters and numbers and in other hand i saw spells of invocation spirits that take you days to achieve, in a little ritual every day until you succeed.

You can be foolish by your subconscious level to much easy, i think many ppl on the psychic area (studies or curiosities) don't know at point is your mind playing tricks on you.

How can we define a line or there is even a line to define at all?

my mind is still restless over this.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Last time I checked, the OP was not asking how dangerous one was, but how to make/use it.

Pretty much anything will do-I found scrabble tiles are the easiest quick fix.

Yes, you can use the board alone. The reason it is advised to use more than one person is it subconsciously gives you comfort that another person is there to help you or observe anything you see/feel. If you're into the "energy" theories, then the more people with intention to use the board, the more energy for the spirit to manifest with. Or, its so that the people can fight over where the pointer will go [insert grinning expression here] and make it seem like there is a spirit present

And finally, if all the previous talk about how dangerous the boards are is scaring you away, a circle of salt does wonders. I've used it before, and some of the entities I've encountered cannot cross a salt barrier when placed in front of a doorway. Just a little from personal experience

Background on me: A owner of an original used oujia board bought off ebay. And no, nothing has ever happened to me while using it, and I also keep the planchette on the board at all times. I currently consider myself to be agnostic to almost buddhist-like, and so do not see much into the board opening up portals. I'm also clairvoyant (only two spirits came with the board; one is a metallic sphere/orb and is only seen occasionally, and the other like to lurk behind peoples' backs.)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To join in the chorus of other users....stay the hell away from ouija boards. People like to be cute and say stuff like "Why should I fear a game made by Parker Brothers!" and whatnot, but they are based off of an old scrying device and trust me, you DON'T want to meet what's on the other side of that device. Forget Hollywood, forget all that silly B.S. Don't mess with those things. Play Russian Roulette, it's safer.

(My quick Ouija story) 1992ish, myself and some friends are drunk and bored and my friends sister has a Ouija board. We decide to "play" it. At the time, I think I was....24ish? So myself, my friend Lloyd and Rusty, another friend decide to play with it. My friend billy popped up with some "demon" name he had read somewhere and asked us to "call it up". We, being young and foolish and of course skeptical of the whole thing do as he asked. Long story short? Whatever it was we "contacted" was pissed. It said that one of us would be killed, one would have his throat cut and the third would go insane. Haha right? We are all smarter than that, RIGHT?
One year later, Lloyd, (And Billy btw), were in a car accident in which the car rolled several times, Lloyd got 32 stitches in his neck. About 2 weeks later, Rusty died in a head on collision when despite wearing a seat belt, his head hit the car roof and his neck broke. Around a week later, I had my first panic attack that ended up being Anxiety Disorder that to this day, I am medicated for. Could this all be coincidence? Of course. Am I ever going to touch a Ouija board again? Not no but HELL no. By all means, have fun.

As to your original post. No, I don't think the material and whanot play into it. It's merely a channel.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

It all depends on how superstitious you are. Sure you can make one and have your fun, but I've read that these boards are actually psychologically damaging...if you take them seriously.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As others have mentioned, there is no special materials needed when making a board or Planchette. Many years ago I made a nice Ouija board from a 20"X 11"X 1" oak tablet. I carved the letters onto it along with the Yes/No and 0-9#'s. Once finished, I put a piece of glass with the same width and length dimensions over it. The Planchette was nothing more then another piece of Oak cut in shape similar to a heart with a peep hole in the middle.

Although I must say, It worked like a charm. But what I experienced because of using the Ouija was not good at all! If you decide to use the board, insist in doing so with another person. It's much safer that way. Specially since you never know what you'll be channeling.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Beowolfs]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i know a guy who made it from a pice of wood that was used to make a coffin lid ( his sisters boyfriend makes coffins for an undertaker) he made it and used it and was never the same again he got vwery withdrawn and just stopped hanging around with me and my friends I met him a while back and he told me that the wost thing he ever done was make and use that damn oui ja bord, he wouldnt say why so I didnt press the question

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You can make it from whatever you like. It does not seem to make any difference. In my experience, your light source is more important. Use candles, and it must not be too much light in the room.

What makes this work seem to be depending on the person, if you got the ability to take it through you...and also some places seems to be more active than others. It will work both if you are alone and with others. It makes absolutely no difference how much you believe in it or not. I did not believe it at all and it still happened...many times.

Do not listen to the people telling you that this is not real and it is caused by some muscle movements by the people touching the glass. I am not talking about those funny teenage parties where they scare eachother by moving it. I can assure you that these things (whatever they are), can manipulate worldly material aka move things and make things happen. There is no chance one can explain that from muscle movements. I have myself been instructing these entities/beings to start a fire alarm and bend down the little fuse in the candle on the table we had. I remember this made the light go out and we had a hard time keeping the panic in control, hehe.

We have been doing this for several years, now and then. I see that the others here are warning you and I choose to remain neutral about it. I think it is worth listening to peoples experiences. Honestly, I do not know how powerful they can be, however..it seems you can control how much they can influence you. In my opinion, it is a thing that needs to be experienced. All those who never did, are the ones talking about how much you need to believe it, "ideometer", illusions and so on....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I wanted to know when using the quija board; do have to use this at night only? also how to use correctly and what if nothing the first time and how long to wait? thks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How to make one? You should start running the other way.

Break any board you see or find into 4 pieces and throw each part away in four different locations. Smash the planchette in the center with a hammer and throw that piece away separate from the other 4 so they can never be put back together.

I know some wont listen, but there are other fun things to do...this is serious negative stuff...and youre better off distancing yourself from it altogether. It entices one into thinking it is harmless...this is how evil manifests...by then, its too late.

Laugh if you will...but I wont even stay in the same house let alone the same room if I know theres one there. Leave it alone. Please.

PS Dont debate with me, I wont argue with you. That just feeds on negativity. Go your own way.
Blessings to you..........
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: ps

top topics

<<   2 >>

join